Sign in to follow this  
Just Dan

TOP POSTERS ON HERE

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Detective skills not working Til ? 😉[/quote]A lot of mud been slinged in all directions Fenway so i thought maybe you could explain where it deserved to land. Mind you it looks like this thread is now heading for trouble by the look of the latest post so if you could be quick with a reply. [:P]

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]Hogestar is very good, always worth reading but my main man is TCCanary. Very sharp young man and a rapier wit. To me TC stands for Top Cat and that is the character I picture when reading his posts.[/quote]

Image result for bilko
I think this should be TC''s avatar. Afterall, he''s not a cat...

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Rock The Boat"]Hogestar is very good, always worth reading but my main man is TCCanary. Very sharp young man and a rapier wit. To me TC stands for Top Cat and that is the character I picture when reading his posts.[/quote]

Image result for bilko
I think this should be TC''s avatar. Afterall, he''s not a cat...
[/quote]My favourite episodes of The Phil Silvers Show (AKA Bilko) were the Elvin Pelvin one and the one where they tried to court martial a chimp and Bilko was his defence lawyer. They re-ran all the epsodes recently on The Forces channel on Sky. Fantastic stuff.

I would have thought Fenway would have been back with an answer to my question by now.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]My favourite episodes of The Phil Silvers Show (AKA Bilko) were the Elvin Pelvin one and the one where they tried to court martial a chimp and Bilko was his defence lawyer. They re-ran all the epsodes recently on The Forces channel on Sky. Fantastic stuff.[/quote]I watched some interviews (bonus content on the Bilko DVDs), and that this was the era when retakes were insanely expensive, and everyone had to rehearse the material to death and pretty much nail it first time. The whole bit where the chimp sods off and picks up the telephone (veering off script), Phil Silvers doesn''t miss a beat and ab-libs the immortal "He''s phoning for another lawyer".

[quote user="Icecream Snow"][quote user="TCCANARY"]My favourite episodes of The Phil Silvers Show (AKA Bilko) were the Elvin Pelvin one and the one where they tried to court martial a chimp and Bilko was his defence lawyer. They re-ran all the epsodes recently on The Forces channel on Sky. Fantastic stuff.[/quote]I watched some interviews (bonus content on the Bilko DVDs), and that this was the era when retakes were insanely expensive, and everyone had to rehearse the material to death and pretty much nail it first time. The whole bit where the chimp sods off and picks up the telephone (veering off script), Phil Silvers doesn''t miss a beat and ab-libs the immortal "He''s phoning for another lawyer".[/quote]
A while ago I went searching out Bilko pictures and the theme music for reminiscence and ended up watching whole episodes on youtube. Great comedy and Phil Silvers timing is awesome.