Sign in to follow this  
Just Dan

TOP POSTERS ON HERE

It''s certainly more boring since he left. Although to be fair it does kinda coincide with end-of-season so not sure it''s entirely relevant.

I like all posters actually. We are all NCFC posters. Some are up their own a*se of course and think they are important but still th have something to add that can be worth reading. You''ll always get that on a forum. Very rarely do people criticise me personally although perhaps 50% of people will disagree with an opinion. It is fine and actually I prefer criticism of a viewpoint ... Otherwise it would simply be a love-in where everyone agrees with you. How boring would that be.

Of special interest to me though are Ricardo''s self-titled reports and his sanguine reposts .... a person of some wisdom. And Purple seems the most learned and intelligent. Tangible FA the most financially literate. Lessingham the most balanced and generally positive. It''s Character Building likewise is a good person for thoughtful reflective posts. Jean Moulin likes to challenge. Lake DC is a genuine fan and is enthusiastic. Hogesar has some great irony and humour. True Grit is the comedian. Lapps and Til are the old heads who have seen it all and seem to know the inside workings. CUSDP gets some great inside knowledge. Nutty is a great humanist. Westcoast has a sharp mind. Parma has beautiful turns of phrase. I could go on ( with apologies for the many I cannot bring to mind right here). It''s all here. Long live the Pinkun MB.

[quote user="Mr Apples"]I take it enough time has now passed where we are able to mention the Mor?

Apples[/quote]as long as you keep it short

I''ve stayed away from the Pink''un for quite some time, because of Morty, but can no longer see any trace of him.

Whats happened?

Was finally banned. Was a great poster when he stayed on topic but he just couldn''t leave anything alone.

Everyone knows you ignore trolls to beat them, not in Morty''s world, he had to challenge every little thing anyone said and derail every thread.

As someone who comes here to read and debate about NCFC it''s been a pleasure browsing these forums for the past couple of months.

I get the impression he''s probably a decent guy in person, but his inability to just let things go ruined and drowned out so many good threads and posts.

welcome back CD

[quote user="Len"]For trolling it''s Feedthewolf who spews the most bile.[/quote]Sorry if I''ve hurt your feelings, Len. Don''t really consider myself a ''bile spewer'' by any stretch of the imagination, but it certainly seems I''ve got up your nose somehow. Hey ho, can''t please everyone.

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]Was finally banned. Was a great poster when he stayed on topic but he just couldn''t leave anything alone.

Everyone knows you ignore trolls to beat them, not in Morty''s world, he had to challenge every little thing anyone said and derail every thread.

As someone who comes here to read and debate about NCFC it''s been a pleasure browsing these forums for the past couple of months.

I get the impression he''s probably a decent guy in person, but his inability to just let things go ruined and drowned out so many good threads and posts.

welcome back CD[/quote]Look, could people stop mentioning m*rty please. SDP tends to zap any threads he sees that get on to that subject and I would quite like the description of me as "the most learned and intelligent poster" to survive here for a while longer...[;)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Horse Renoir"]Was finally banned. Was a great poster when he stayed on topic but he just couldn''t leave anything alone.

welcome back CD[/quote]Look, could people stop mentioning m*rty please. SDP tends to zap any threads he sees that get on to that subject and I would quite like the description of me as "the most learned and intelligent poster" to survive here for a while longer...[;)][/quote]Well if SDP''s finger is hovering over the button, that should make his mind up for him. 

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Asa we saw yesterday, SDP only hits the delete / ban button when someone pushes his buttons;-)[/quote]Image result for no amnesty

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Horse Renoir"]Was finally banned. Was a great poster when he stayed on topic but he just couldn''t leave anything alone.

welcome back CD[/quote]Look, could people stop mentioning m*rty please. SDP tends to zap any threads he sees that get on to that subject and I would quite like the description of me as "the most learned and intelligent poster" to survive here for a while longer...[;)][/quote]Well if SDP''s finger is hovering over the button, that should make his mind up for him. [/quote]

[:D]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Horse Renoir"]Was finally banned. Was a great poster when he stayed on topic but he just couldn''t leave anything alone.

welcome back CD[/quote]Look, could people stop mentioning m*rty please. SDP tends to zap any threads he sees that get on to that subject and I would quite like the description of me as "the most learned and intelligent poster" to survive here for a while longer...[;)][/quote]Well if SDP''s finger is hovering over the button, that should make his mind up for him. [/quote]

[:D][/quote]
You''ll be safe whilst the communal back slapping carries on. Only if someone has a different view will there be a danger of the retort being a report...

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Asa we saw yesterday, SDP only hits the delete / ban button when someone pushes his buttons;-)[/quote]No idea what happened with that thread, I remember putting a response up and coming back later to check if there had been any further posts and the whole thread had been deleted.I can only assume it was something posted after I did (or in direct response to it) that caused an issue, but no idea what it was.

Apparently there was a complaint that there had been a suggestion that some old posters be reconsidered, and that caused offence to someone. other than that i have no idea........

The Scots have an interesting word for the delicate souls who are swift to report.

From The Scotsman Newspaper "The Scots word ''clipe'' is one of those curious elements of the Caledonian tongue which is both a noun and a verb at the same time. To clipe on someone means to ''tell on them'', or ''grass them up'' - usually to the teacher. Those who indulge in the act of cliping on someone are often referred to simply as a ''clipe''"

Apples

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Apparently there was a complaint that there had been a suggestion that some old posters be reconsidered, and that caused offence to someone. other than that i have no idea........[/quote]so what was the thread about ?

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Someone constantly has their hand hovering over that report button over even the most trivial of matters. Sad really.[/quote]

The report button is there for a reason.  I''ve used it on two or three occasions over the eight years I''ve been posting on here, but only on serious stuff and I wouldn''t blame anyone for pressing it if they feel strongly about something.  I wouldn''t be surprised though, if  some of the stuff gets pulled for other reasons than people pressing the button - legal stuff, slander etc etc.  

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Yez urnly getz band fer ha reezin.....an da reezin fur gettun band musta bean reeely baaaaad![/quote]

I used to love Viz. Not as funny as it used to be.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Goes to show that the wrong person was banned[/quote]Enlighten us all then Fenway.

Hogestar is very good, always worth reading but my main man is TCCanary. Very sharp young man and a rapier wit. To me TC stands for Top Cat and that is the character I picture when reading his posts.