Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Exile

What a pity

Norwich kind of did go down that route at that time - well at least tried to but never seemingly fully committed.

Joe Royal was suppose to come in as some kind of advisor and the transfer committee was established - with Ricky Martin in a semi-Sporting Director role as the ''Technical Director'', you might often find Sporting Directors labelled as Technical Directors at some clubs.

Some of the younger players signed I believe was the work of Ricky rather than Neil - I think that is true of Ben Godfrey and Louis Thompson.

In hindsight it seems it was a bit of a mish-mash at the time, potentially without clear roles. When AN came it is was seemingly scrapped, although Ricky still had a role scouting out and bringing in youth players for the academy etc.

It is good to see the club have full embraced the idea this time around, although I guess it wasn''t really possible when McNally was around as a full on Sporting Director would have eaten into part of his role.

With Neil Adams being loan manager, does this just cover loans out presumably? Just wondering how influential he might''ve been in bringing Gunn back - though I''m guessing it''ll be Webber/Farke dealing with all ins including loans...