Sign in to follow this  
Lewis DW

Rudd For Sale

Have Norwich City triggered Declan Rudd''s contract extension so that they can sell him and get some money rather then just allowing him to leave free?

The temporary acquisition of Gunn in my opinion is a decent move for City and the lad himself - but it also rubber stamps Rudd''s transfer out of the club. Don''t get me wrong, i''d rather it be McGovern out the door. I think Rudd has something to offer, but at 26 he should have shown more in a city shirt then he has by now.

What about Jones ?Gunn will only becoming here as first choice I would have thought as the reason for the loan is to get gamesI would expect McGovern to move on

Rudd has never quite made it with us.  I think both he and McGovern are decent champs level keepers, there are plenty worse in this division.  But I suspect we can do better.  If we can get a fee for Rudd, so much the better.

Rudd simply is not good enough. I believe we extended his contract in order to receive a fee for a him, rather than letting him walk away for a free.

Saw that and thought it was the old Cole Porter song

Gunn (on loan?)

McGovern

Rudd

Jones

Matthews

We only need 3 keepers max, so 2 of those have got to go

I think Rudd will be sold and Matthews will be loaned out to a League One / Lower Championship level team.

Jones is a decent option at third choice. He is a capable deputy and apparently happy to be a third choice.

Depends on wages. I imagine that McGovern''s wages are far higher - we got him on a "free" after a good world cup. Rudd would be a cheaper back-up option if we can get rid of McGovern.

Extremely harsh on Rudd, especially considering we have activated his contract extension. Seem so tonnes the second summer in a row he has been shafted

What is the point of being a young goalkeeper at NCFC.? We are going to help develop a youngster from another club who hasn''t played any first team football at any level so far as I can ascertain rather than play our own.

This is a huge gamble as I doubt Manchester City would let him come here to be a bench warmer. I just hope MCFC are paying his wages.

Development is not simply about being sat on the first team bench - nor is it something that can be defined by the number of months on loan elsewhere either.Mathews will remain on loan until he is up to commanding a first team spot at City. McGovern is not what we need, and I supect he was only played to do ''problems'' there may have been with certain players.The suggestion would be Rudd and Gunn as 1 & 2 with Jones staying as he is.

good decision to extend his contract then.

Now - any, even one, bids for McGovern?

Solid goalkeeper at this level. We could do a lot worse but we could also do a bit better and if we''re aspiring to the PL then Rudd just isn''t good enough. Should we stay down we could regret the sale in a couple of years if it all goes t1t5 up but there''s no point in planning for failure. Gunn''s inexperienced but has way more raw talent. This new regime seems to prefer bringing in talent over experience, Gunn may flop, but he might also be superb, you can pretty much guarantee Rudd will only be solid to occasionally good. We also have McGovern in reserve who is roughly about as good as Rudd but wouldn''t command any kind of fee so after loaning Gunn in this move makes total sense.

Rudd needs to play rather than sat on our bench and not even looking likely to get a game and we have got some money in for him as well, i am not sure than anyone will come in for McGovern but you never know if they did i can imagine him going on a free due to his wages.

Rudd has never played one or two games at Championship level so hard to say he is ''solid'' at it. He played 11 games in the Prem and looked out of his depth there.

Charlton fans haven''t been particularly impressed with him this season so I think selling him on is the right thing to do.

No guarantee that he will actually be first choice at Preston - their keeper Maxwell had a pretty good season.

If he goes that leaves us with McGovern, Jones and Matthews.

Anyone else think we''ll get someone else in and loan out Matthews for more experience?

[quote user="Morgan"]If he goes that leaves us with McGovern, Jones and Matthews.

Anyone else think we''ll get someone else in and loan out Matthews for more experience?[/quote]With Angus Gunn in on loan and Matthews maybe out on loan that is three first team squad goalkeepers...how many more do you think we need then or had you forgotten about Gunn ?

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]This new regime seems to prefer bringing in talent over experience.[/quote]

Can be risky. Look at Harry Kane. Looked like a terrible signing by Hughton but if not for injury, who knows if his breakthrough season might have been for us. I dont think so though, I thought he didnt seem ready when he came to us, totally different player a year or two later.

Bertrand was a solid loanee for us, now playing for England and made the CL final. OJ Komora, never seen again.

Could be inspired, could be a disaster. I dont think Fraser Forster had much first team experience before he played for us and again look how he has come on.

Rudd I think will never make the grade with us - people saying he hasnt been given a chance, well, no if you consider a chance an entire season (an opportunity which it seems were going to offer to someone else''s player) but personally he has never impressed me when I have seen him play - though Preston fans thought the world of him.

Good move for all involved I feel. He''s not a youngster anymore - if he was going to make the grade I think he would have done it by now. Lets just hope he''s not another Chrissy Martin!

Ummm strikes me that Chris Martin did pretty well for us at Championship level but didn''t make it in the Prem.  Since he left, he seems to have done "pretty well" at Championship level - some good spells but Derby did let him go on loan to Fulham.  If Rudd goes on to do about as well elsewhere as he''s done with us, then I''d say getting £1m for him would be great business for us.

A shame as we would all love a ''local boy becomes no1'' love story, but we simply wouldn''t be selling him if he was good enough