Sign in to follow this  
king canary

I'm sure I've probably just missed it but...

...could someone point me in the direction of the 8 page thread of people laying into Boris Johnson for his interview yesterday?

It was indeed extraordinarily embarrassing, yet I''ve seen little mainstream media on it - nor, as you say, a long thread on here.

It''s a bit like a bit like during the election campaign when the Chancellor ''lost'' £20bn from the HS2 costs - that certainly wasn''t replayed ad nauseum, unlike the Abbott/Corbyn screw-ups (which were also cringeworthy)...but since when has the media been ''fair''. It just does what it does.

Wrong race, gender and political party.

Nuff Said.

P.S. the difference compared to the response to Diane Abbott''s interview didn''t surprise me, but I was sad to see that if you read the story about the interview on the BBC, they linked in the ''Similar stories'' section below the piece to ... the ''Diane Abbott gets her figures wrong'' article from the election! Surely there''s a wealth of material on the incompetence of the man who, god help us, is actually our Foreign Secretary which is far more relevant?

The Tories have the cheek to complain about the supposed ''left-wing'' bias of the BBC, when it actually largely follows the agenda set by the right-wing press. Happily the election shows how the influence of the Sun, Mail etc. is waning, but unfortunately the BBC are yet to catch on.

It''s all so much more civilised these days Tilly without Morty and MIkey around 👍

[quote user="TIL 1010"]This forum is drifting towards the need for a Politics section.[/quote]There isthe ''brexit'' one, which does encompass pretty much all current affairs/politics etcperhaps SDP could put this one in here

The problem with the EU thread is that, if you''re a bit anal like me and you don''t want to repeat ideas, or misrepresent someone because you haven''t read all the posts, it''s so large as to be unreadable. A separate Politics sub-forum could fix this, but it never works. We already have the Non-football section, but who ever looks in there? Not me for one.

Possibly this thread title will lure in people who have no interest in politics, but it is sort of relevant to the message board, since king canary''s original point was that we had plenty of people queueing up on here to have a go at Diane Abbott a few weeks ago who are nowhere to be seen now.

There ain''t much else going on at the moment so there''s no problem with it. Just to add, Boris represents us out in the world.  [:|]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Wrong race, gender and political party.

Nuff Said.

P.S. the difference compared to the response to Diane Abbott''s interview didn''t surprise me, but I was sad to see that if you read the story about the interview on the BBC, they linked in the ''Similar stories'' section below the piece to ... the ''Diane Abbott gets her figures wrong'' article from the election! Surely there''s a wealth of material on the incompetence of the man who, god help us, is actually our Foreign Secretary which is far more relevant?

The Tories have the cheek to complain about the supposed ''left-wing'' bias of the BBC, when it actually largely follows the agenda set by the right-wing press. Happily the election shows how the influence of the Sun, Mail etc. is waning, but unfortunately the BBC are yet to catch on.[/quote]Absolute rubbish. Johnson ran London competently for years as Mayor.  What has Abbott ever run apart from run away from interviews due her Labouresque grasp of figures and economics ?  .... and her defence of her taxi expenses on This Week, under interrogation from Andrew Neil, was cringeworthy.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Nuff Said"]Wrong race, gender and political party.

Nuff Said.

The Tories have the cheek to complain about the supposed ''left-wing'' bias of the BBC, when it actually largely follows the agenda set by the right-wing press. Happily the election shows how the influence of the Sun, Mail etc. is waning, but unfortunately the BBC are yet to catch on.[/quote]Absolute rubbish. Johnson ran London competently for years as Mayor.  What has Abbott ever run apart from run away from interviews due her Labouresque grasp of figures and economics ?  .... and her defence of her taxi expenses on This Week, under interrogation from Andrew Neil, was cringeworthy. [/quote]Yes, we can all remember the success of the cable car (virtually unused), the tens of millions wasted on a non existent ''Garden Bridge''.
  • Remember the pledge not to close a single tube ticket office? By the end of 2016 every single one will be permanently shut. 
  • How about the no strike deal he pledged to negotiate? Despite a crisis

entirely of his own making, the Mayor refused point blank to meet staff

representatives when, during the summer, tube strikes over the Night

Tube brought London to a standstill.
  • End rough sleeping by the Olympics? It’s almost doubled since 2008.
  • No cuts to the fire brigade? Boris has closed ten stations and axe 13 fire engines.
  • The pledge to help hard-pressed Londoners? Not hugely helped by eight

years of transport fare increases pushing average ticket prices up 40

per cent, with bus fares up by almost half.

And that cast iron promise not to run for Parliament? Just as writing two opposite support statements for brexit, see which way the wind was blowing before jumping. It is no wonder he is regarded as one of the least trusted politician s of our time.

The legacy Boris has to bequeath to the next Mayor is dire. A deep

housing crisis, a wider gap than ever between rich and poor, an £800m

hole in the Met Police budget, toxic air pollution levels, the most

expensive transport fares in the world and more Londoners than ever paid

below a living wage.

Perhaps because he had no real interest and so would turn up to meetings badly breifed(as with e radio interview). The contempt for democratic accountability was clear tyo see when his response to being exposed as a liar was to tell that person to get stuffed. In a meeting, in front of cameras.

Boris Johnson is nothing more than a self interested incompetent who has left a mess behind him in any job he has down. Someone who imagines ruffling his hair and tying his tie incorrectly makes him a character, so excusing him from any responsibilty.

That the ''Moyattollah is easily fooled by a man whose speaking sounds nothing more that the noise of someone farting in the bath should come as no surprise.

Johnson and Moy deserve each others.... liars to the core.

I take it from that comment that Paul Moy doesn''t actually live in London. I don''t know many Londoners who think Boris was running the city competently.

I don''t know about where he lives but I would guess when he would like to have lived - the 1950''s.

I also must have missed it - can someone enlighten us as to:

- which position he plays

- does he fulfil the "young and hungry" criteria DF & SW are after?

- is he available on a free

- is he from a German or other European club

Unless of course this post is non-football related, in which case my questions are all academic and my interest wanes into the distance .....

[url]https://twitter.com/MrMichaelSpicer/status/878371938057453568[/url]

[quote user="Independence Day"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Nuff Said"]Wrong race, gender and political party.

Nuff Said.

The Tories have the cheek to complain about the supposed ''left-wing'' bias of the BBC, when it actually largely follows the agenda set by the right-wing press. Happily the election shows how the influence of the Sun, Mail etc. is waning, but unfortunately the BBC are yet to catch on.[/quote]Absolute rubbish. Johnson ran London competently for years as Mayor.  What has Abbott ever run apart from run away from interviews due her Labouresque grasp of figures and economics ?  .... and her defence of her taxi expenses on This Week, under interrogation from Andrew Neil, was cringeworthy. [/quote]Yes, we can all remember the success of the cable car (virtually unused), the tens of millions wasted on a non existent ''Garden Bridge''.
  • Remember the pledge not to close a single tube ticket office? By the end of 2016 every single one will be permanently shut. 
  • How about the no strike deal he pledged to negotiate? Despite a crisis

entirely of his own making, the Mayor refused point blank to meet staff

representatives when, during the summer, tube strikes over the Night

Tube brought London to a standstill.
  • End rough sleeping by the Olympics? It’s almost doubled since 2008.
  • No cuts to the fire brigade? Boris has closed ten stations and axe 13 fire engines.
  • The pledge to help hard-pressed Londoners? Not hugely helped by eight

years of transport fare increases pushing average ticket prices up 40

per cent, with bus fares up by almost half.

And that cast iron promise not to run for Parliament? Just as writing two opposite support statements for brexit, see which way the wind was blowing before jumping. It is no wonder he is regarded as one of the least trusted politician s of our time.

The legacy Boris has to bequeath to the next Mayor is dire. A deep

housing crisis, a wider gap than ever between rich and poor, an £800m

hole in the Met Police budget, toxic air pollution levels, the most

expensive transport fares in the world and more Londoners than ever paid

below a living wage.

Perhaps because he had no real interest and so would turn up to meetings badly breifed(as with e radio interview). The contempt for democratic accountability was clear tyo see when his response to being exposed as a liar was to tell that person to get stuffed. In a meeting, in front of cameras.

Boris Johnson is nothing more than a self interested incompetent who has left a mess behind him in any job he has down. Someone who imagines ruffling his hair and tying his tie incorrectly makes him a character, so excusing him from any responsibilty.

That the ''Moyattollah is easily fooled by a man whose speaking sounds nothing more that the noise of someone farting in the bath should come as no surprise.

Johnson and Moy deserve each others.... liars to the core.

[/quote]Are talking about the same boris Johnson who was re-elected as London''s Mayor with an increased share of the vote?

*** I premptively call Godwin''s Law ***

I think Hitler was pretty democratically successful too?