Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

Jacob to Palace for only £7m

Whether an assembly is likely to rise in value or depreciate will factor highly in strategy.

The Murphy twins have highly desirable weapons that are in synch with the modern game. They will appreciate in value almost certainly without serious injury.

Whilst good, reliable, established players like Jerome would be comfortable to keep, they will be the price for retaining the Murphy twins for at least one more season.

Let us not also forget that players want to play. The Murphy twins must play regularly here, this our trump card in a diminishing value hand.

Parma

Whether an asset is likely to rise in value or depreciate will factor highly in strategy.

The Murphy twins have highly desirable weapons that are in synch with the modern game. They will appreciate in value almost certainly without serious injury.

Whilst good, reliable, established players like Jerome would be comfortable to keep, they will be the price for retaining the Murphy twins for at least one more season.

Let us not also forget that players want to play. The Murphy twins must play regularly here, this our trump card in a diminishing value hand.

Parma

So good you said it twice, totally agree with that Parma.

In reality Murphy would sit around on the bench when he needs to be developing, so stay here, play another season in a younger more developing squad under a tactically better coaching set up.

Thats Exactly right they are not wingers they are wide forwards in the modern game

little like Vardy / Sanchez / Mane at liverpool who hug the wide channels with pace to run behind

I see that and four other clubs interested, with us holding out for £12 million.

Is that really worth it? Not sure but have my doubts we will get Naismith, Jarvis and the other deadwood off our wages so can see us having to sell to balance the wages.

Hope not, I believe Murphy''s worth more to us this season and his stock will only increase with another solid season with us in this division.....if we need to sell then January would be far better and probably get an inflated price.

i agree Indy

one player does not make a Team but we would be weaker without Murphy

12 million is cheap if he went to Newcastle and played well for a season his price would double at least

i would clear deadwood out if possible and build a team around with these three behind a striker

Striker

Murphy Maddison Murphy

CM CM

We can afford Murphy''s wages at the moment be silly to sell him and use the money from the transfer on wages for Naismith and Jarvis !!!

Totally agree, I believe we need to be looking at Oliviera, at top with a very strong top three just behind him. This can come from a mix of Murphy''s, Pritchard, Maddison, Wes and Wilds.

The spine needs to be solid, we need that good CB pairing with Howson in there CM, from there it looks pretty good going forward, that defensive platform is key!

I really don''t see the need for a slow player like Naismith who in my mind doesn''t have the game in the championship now. Jarvis has been a liability and my Spammer mate laughed when we signed him permanently!

Still exciting times could be there but I hope it''s not ruined by having to sell the better players to fund the journeymen, the sooner Naismith & Jarvis are off the books the better.

Head turning the key here,money the temptation,agent pressure ?seems a decent lad so hopefully won''t be fazed by all of this and sticks with us until at least January

that''s the only worry for me Murphy seems a loyal youngster but his earning potential at Newcastle or premier club 40k + a week ( maybe more ) that would turn anyone''s head

the old story of he will play at Norwich but be a squad player at Newcastle does not really work when the money is so high one big move and he will set him up for life

stay here gets injured this season and that big move might not ever happen

some times a career is long sometimes it can be cut short like Dean Ashton

i can see why he would move if Newcastle or similar come calling

i hope this does not get messy

Sadly, we will probably sell a player the fans don''t want to leave. Players we want rid of aren''t in demand. Best we can hope for is a loan offer comes in for Jarvis at the 11th hour...definitely agree that 12 mil needs to be the minimum for Murphy.

It is a calculated gamble we could keep him and sods law he gets a bad injury but my view is this lad will probably leave us but not yet his stock will probably rise a lot more and we will not get promoted by selling your best young players. We need him for two more seasons and if we don''t go up in that time then we will have probably missed our chance and the crown jewels'' will be sold

be a tough task to keep him for 2 more seasons i think his stock is rising sharply at the moment

of course that can level out again or even drop if he gets a injury it is also a gamble for the club take the money and run to the German leagues and buy 4/5 player or keep a Murphy ???

The outcome of the coming season should determine our mind-set with regards selling the better players (and I include both Howson and Jerome here.)

I feel that we need remain as strong as possible with regards to having talent on board for what is a very, very, history-determining season ahead of us.

If we fail then that might well be the opportune time to cash in and revert to whatever youth we retain in order to concentrate on what might well be financial priorities.

I suppose it''s another version of the "hit or bust" tactic seemingly employed by McNally et al. during the last PL season''s last window.

Success in the Championship demands an element of risk.