Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

Jacob to Palace for only £7m

If either Murphy goes for under 10m I will eat my hat. Forget that, I''ll eat my hat, coat, shoes, belt, trousers and pants.

We were stupid enough to under sell Redmond by about £10m so what makes you think we would not take £7m.

Would hate losing Howson but would be furious if we sold the future to the likes of Palace.

But hey we are a well run club... celebrate good time!!!

[quote user="ron obvious"]City sporting director Stuart Webber made it clear at the start of the summer every player has a price, ahead of the opening of the transfer window, but Murphy is seen as one of the cornerstones of the new Daniel Farke era and it would take a CONSIDERABLY HIGHER OFFER to tempt the Canaries to sanction his departure.

“If in the event someone did come for our highly-talented ones it is going to cost a hell of a lot of money,” he said. “At that point we have to be realistic. If a top 10 Premier League club come for one of our players AND OFFERS US £20m no-one is stupid enough to say we can turn that down.”[/quote]

Take £20million and sign Isgrove on a free.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I think we know Wildschut was nothing like £7m - that figure was completely laughed out of hand by AN.[/quote]

rumour: £3.8m basic fee + add ons

[quote user="Highland Canary"]This would make the laughable give away price for Redmond seem good value. You couldn''t make it up.[/quote]

Chase knew how to sell a player for top money

He is on a long term contract and still developing. Nice to see clubs interested in our players shows we are doing something right. If someone slapped down £20m then it would be hard to say no but otherwise he should stay

Off on the attack again Nutty, all I asked was a question and you go off again, don''t try to put my question into your agenda again.

It''s a valid question, if we did sell how do you know it''ll be invested given the financial wage shortfall? You don''t.

Stay on topic and stop attacking posters for having a different opinion and asking questions.

I can''t see anyone bidding more than £10 million. And if anyone does, it''ll be accepted.

However, I don''t think Murphy would leave. Especially not to a palace or west brom. The lads got his head screwed on, and knows he needs another season at this level. After last season, the foundations are laid fro him to really kick on this year. Moving to another club now could put him back to square one.

This is a huge season for Murphy. 22/23 is not that young anymore. Certainly the added value of potential goes out the window when your 23 +. This season could define him as a player, and his brother too.

They still have a lot of improvement to make. If they''ve been scouted correctly, potential suitors will know that spending £10 million on either Murphy right now is extremely risky. I really feel that they could still both end up as just decent championship players and no more. Their improvement must happen this season.

Will Hughes is a £8m target so its not a huge insult valuation, but given redmonds fee and the length of murphys contract would hope that £10m-£11m is the minimum.

Whether he has done enough to be valued at £20m is another matter

Jacob (and Josh) have very ''active'' agents and I would imagine this ''story'' is from them to see if they can drum up a bit of interest in their client.

There is no doubt that many PL clubs have been watching him closely recently and I''m sure Norwich will get at least one or two enquiries - especially with the recent perception that the club is in a selling mood with Dorrans and Howson both linked away.

£15m - £20m for me is far too optimistic a price. At 22 he is moving from ''hot youngster'' to ''young player'' and there is a significant drop in price when moving between the two. Which is why the aforementioned Will Hughes has gone from the £20m Liverpool target to a £8m Watford target.

With over 4 years on his contract Norwich will only have to sell if they want to or if Jacob throws a massive sh*t fit. The latter seems unlikely, although as I said he has ''active'' agents who can always make a player change.

"I really feel that they could still both end up as just decent championship players and no more"

I think the fact Jacob is representing the England u21''s negates that.

Cut out the indignation regards the sum being offered Jacob signed a new 4 year contract one of the terms would have been a buy out fee. If only 7m which seems credible hopefully get into a bidding war to increase fee. Or perhaps Jacob might just feel Palace not up his street and get another year experience. But he will eventually move if continues to progress.

Why wouldn''t he go to clubs like Palace or WBA?

Realistically he''s not a top 6/7 Prem player so that makes those types of clubs "likely" destinations.

[quote user="Morgan"]"I really feel that they could still both end up as just decent championship players and no more"

I think the fact Jacob is representing the England u21''s negates that.[/quote]

Leroy Lita, Nigel Reo Coker...... Playing for the U-21''s doesnt mean you''ll go on to be a premeirship stanard player. Francis Jeffers, Micheal Mancienne.... loads of caps... the list goes on.

[quote user="Indy"]Off on the attack again Nutty, all I asked was a question and you go off again, don''t try to put my question into your agenda again.

It''s a valid question, if we did sell how do you know it''ll be invested given the financial wage shortfall? You don''t.

Stay on topic and stop attacking posters for having a different opinion and asking questions.[/quote]
Uh-Oh... Bindy''s off on one again.....
In what universe is Robert Chase on topic on a thread about Jacob Murphy going to Palace for £7m? Young Jacob wasn''t even born when BFB sold Sutton for 5m.
Get back to your photo album[~]

And changing it again, of course it''s on topic, don''t get bent out of shape old timer, just because I''ve raised a question.

I''m sure we can carry on this board without your constantly turning to insults and changing my question to suite your cantankerous nature. Off you go and clean that bog.

Bless you Bindy.

Who is it who decides what can be construed as on topic? Is it you? Ken Ozzane? Kevin Beattie maybe?

Will Hughes appears to be on his way to Watford for less than £8 million. This is a highly rated England U21 player with a lot of experience in the Championship (over 165 apps for Derby). My point being, and I realise Pickford has gone to Everton for silly money, but we, as a club, need to be a lot more realistic. Murphy is a £6-£8 million pound player, that other clubs may have to pay more for to buy.

Palace are currently managerless, so I doubt the credibility of the story, as the new manager will have his own ideas on players he wants to bring in.

If Redmond went for £10m+, I couldn''t see us considering offers of £7m with 4 years of his contract remaining

With the pl money all common sense has gone out of the window regarding transfers. This lads potential is immense. My point is I would not sell him for less than £20m even if that is an inflated figure. We could not easily replace him for £8m or so. Good championship players cost a lot of money now. Whilst many support the player refresh that is going on the sale of this lad now for anything less than a unstoppable offer would not go down well

"Palace are currently managerless, so I doubt the credibility of the story, as the new manager will have his own ideas on players he wants to bring in.

If Redmond went for £10m+, I couldn''t see us considering offers of £7m with 4 years of his contract remaining"

Redmond signed for a managerless Southampton?

Well that goal puts a few more mill on his head.

i Agree Yorkshire he might not be a 20 million pound player yet but he has Potential and that what clubs are buying not a finish article

with better players and better coaching better Manager who knows how far he could go ??

But 20 million to a PL club for a attacking player who has flair could be quite a cheap buy if he shows the same Progress as he is doing now

so if someone wants him make them pay , build him up as a top young player he is and stick 20 mil on him

chances for a club our size to sell players for that money are rare make the most of it

[quote user="GJP"]Why wouldn''t he go to clubs like Palace or WBA?

Realistically he''s not a top 6/7 Prem player so that makes those types of clubs "likely" destinations.[/quote]

Incomprehensible! The reason he wouldn''t go for clubs like that is because he knows Norwich is FAR better than any of those mentioned!

And, he has the opportunity to be one of the cornerstones of the "new" Norwich project - why would he want to move to mediocrity?

Palace rumoured to be announcing Frank De Boer as manager - so perhaps are ready to start their summer spending - if the fee is biased to cash up front that will make any offer even more tempting.

The circus is open

When one of the big six are really interested then the price will

rise to realistic levels . Sit tight , let him blossom this coming season and enjoy him while we can .

"When one of the big six are really interested then the price will

rise to realistic levels . Sit tight , let him blossom this coming season and enjoy him while we can."

Exactly and we will need him this coming season with it being so important in terms of the club''s immediate future.

The "hype," the "potential" and the "mad-market" that exists probably rate him at c. £10m which is probably realistically too much for a promising youngster with only one season in the league behind him, a hint of inconsistency about his play and a propensity to tire as games unfold.

Another good season for us and this will increase no doubt, whilst we benefit accordingly..