Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Top two?

Would take some serious momentum to push for automatic promotion. Seems unlikely with so much change and restructuring. We can''t properly speculate until the squad is finalised and the season is underway. If Howson, Dorrans, Jacob etc. move on as per media rumours, expectations will alter accordingly. Top six seems like a reasonable target while behind the scenes the club''s finances are put in order. The AN regime has left us with some promising young players coming through but financially imbalanced given our failure to get promoted last year. Last summer''s gamble failed. If we can sign a decent left back and a no-nonsense defensive midfielder we won''t be in bad shape.

Top two? Top six?

Top HALF would be an achievement. This apparent optimism is based on the fleeting past success of Webber at Huddersfield and the exact same template working here. We''ve taken on a manager from Division 4 in Germany, a move akin to appointing those guys from Lincoln. We''ve essentially confirmed that the whole squad is for sale, we''ve released a fistful of strong professionals while retaining some of the players that cause most division amongst supporters.

It appears we''ve decided on wholesale downgrading as the way forward. Seen with the appointments and signings being made, the sponsorship deal with an unknown betting firm and some bonkers allegiance with a load of bouncers to give the River End a badge to wear.

Could be Colchester all over again against Fulham on day one.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Top two? Top six?

Top HALF would be an achievement. This apparent optimism is based on the fleeting past success of Webber at Huddersfield and the exact same template working here. We''ve taken on a manager from Division 4 in Germany, a move akin to appointing those guys from Lincoln. We''ve essentially confirmed that the whole squad is for sale, we''ve released a fistful of strong professionals while retaining some of the players that cause most division amongst supporters.

It appears we''ve decided on wholesale downgrading as the way forward. Seen with the appointments and signings being made, the sponsorship deal with an unknown betting firm and some bonkers allegiance with a load of bouncers to give the River End a badge to wear.

Could be Colchester all over again against Fulham on day one.[/quote]Fish Emoticon emoticon - fishing smiley zaazu.comI take it you still want me to sort your train and match ticket for the massacre on 5th August Duncan ? [:P]

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]It will take more than this window to effect the necessary changes so a mid-table finish would be good.[/quote]

Nope, mid-table would not be good. If this season is mediocre and mid-table, then the adjustments will have

not been good enough and a level will have been established that will

be difficult to break free from in future seasons.   The aim is top two and we have all season to get there.  I''m expecting a breath of fresh air in the way the football seems this season, with a much better work rate and fitter looking squad.  The results may be mixed to start with, but as the season progresses I''d expect the confidence to grow and a push to the top.  Anything less would be a disappointment.

i have faith in farke / webber to sign lesser known players but build a better team

AN signed players like Naismith but didn''t build a team

a new LB might not be a well known player but if he is a stopper and can defend that''s good enough for me anything else he can do like bomb forward / take freekicks is a bonus but basic defenders is what we need

What we have to remember is the better well known players failed last season TEAMS wins games not Names on team sheets

we are lucky we have match winners in the Murphy''s Pritchard Oliveria we get a solid Team behind them i am sure we can do well