Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

New set up smoke screen

Rumours today that Adeyemi is choosing between us and Ipswich.

Honestly the downgrading is bad if we are vying with relegation candidates for a midfielder to replace the much better departing player in, say, Howson.

Fire sale of players and seriously cheap replacements is what this summer is fast turning into. So much for ambitious new set up.

is nobody else concerned that we seem to be heading towards lower championship ambition at best

If only there was some kind of public forum where you could put this question to the people making the big decisions. Maybe the 1st Team Coach, the Sporting Director and the Managing Director could be gathered together to reveal their ambition.Who knows, it could happen.

you have to remember the star players in the team last season failed

if webber / farke think that Adeyemi can do a better job than Tetty i am all for it

remember would you have swapped any of Huddersfield''s players for ours at the start of last season ~??

No you wouldn''t but as a team they played better its about building a team sometimes lesser players make more as a sum of parts than individual better so called players

i ask you did Tetty / howson / Dorrans work really well last season ? create or boss the midfield and stand out ? for me they didn''t and that has to change

Most blamed our CB''s for last years poor defensive record yet hardly any blamed Tettey who was supposed to be our rock protecting the middle.
I understand that many like him because he is all action but personally I think he is clumsy and slow to react to situations building ahead of him.
You don''t have to be a great tackler to cover. There aren''t too many Hazards or Messis around who will run at the heart of a defence. Most teams go for width.
So you really need just a composed able player who can read the game and block off those positions. This player has to initiate attacks so many times during a game and I am positive we need someone new in that position and will improve dramatically with a change there.

SIX clubs in 6 years and not considered good enough for any of them

Speaks for itself

Can''t see how it is a smoke screen when at every opportunity Webber and Steve Stone have talked about how the club has to cut spending due to the reduction in parachute payment money.

That have been very upfront and honest about what is going to happen over the summer and this would have to happen regardless of who was in charge. I''m just glad it is someone like Webber in charge of the comings and goings rather than Alex Neil.

The signings so far look sensible and all good value for money. Vrancic especially I feel will end up looking like a bargain come the end of the season. Judge the rebuilding project at the end of the summer rather than the beginning, as no one really knows how the squad will end up looking in a couple of months.

That''s the main focus this season Beth but some people won''t buy into the fact that we don''t have millions to spend and we are in the same ball park in players we are looking at as the binners and others!

What we do have is a very good core of younger players who are a damn site better to build our squad around.

With Pritchard, Murphy''s, Maddison we have a great young attacking option with bags of pace and quality.

It''ll be interesting come August just how different our squad will look.

This season is a balancing act between going all-out for success and preparing for the possibility of a less affluent future.

I am perfectly happy with the way things are turning out, smokescreen or not.

Exactly that Broady, it''s a fine realignment after the disaster that was AN. Under him we got in some good youngsters yet he chose to rely on old player who ultimately let him down over the two seasons.

Clubs restructuring and that includes living within its means while budgeting on having to keep high earning player because they can''t be off loaded.

Pretty sure if we could get Naismith, Jarvis & Klose off the books there would be more funds made available.

No smoke screen. We are broke, hence why we are trying to sell our best players (Howson / Jacob) and are bringing in loanee''s, cheaper players or free agents.

It''s just what it is.

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Rumours today that Adeyemi is choosing between us and Ipswich.

Honestly the downgrading is bad if we are vying with relegation candidates for a midfielder to replace the much better departing player in, say, Howson.

Fire sale of players and seriously cheap replacements is what this summer is fast turning into. So much for ambitious new set up.

is nobody else concerned that we seem to be heading towards lower championship ambition at best[/quote]Here''s a chance for you to voice those concerns Bootsie.........[quote user="Norwich City Fans Social Club"]

We are very pleased to announce that our Head Coach Daniel Farke has confirmed that he will be joining Stuart Webber and Steve Stone for our fans forum on July 13th at 7:30pm

This fans’ forum is being organised in conjunction with Norwich City FC.

Hope to see loads of you there, it’s your chance to ask those burning questions.

Remember it’s your fans social club, you don’t have to join, you just join in. There’s no membership fee, you just pay at the door and you ‘ll be supporting the Community Sports Foundation a great charity which helps disadvantaged young adults & children improve their quality of life through sport.

Follow us on twitter NorwichCityFSC and we’re on facebook and here’s our website www.ncfsc.co.uk

Should be a great night[/quote]Surely this is an opportunity that is too good for you to miss. [^o)]

No smokescreen here. Relegation = dramatic drop in income = best players & high earners most likely move on.

A calculated gamble on backing the core who achieved promotion through the playoffs along with some expensive (and high-earning) acquisitions to get back up failed. Financial adjustment is necessary, whether we like it or not. We finished in 8th position in the Championship, way off the top six. That''s the reality. English football is now a business.

Webber & Farke are tasked with remaining competitive on a tight budget. It''s a big ask but I like what I''ve seen so far. We can''t make any reasoned judgements until we see the shape of the squad at the end of August and where we stand in the league table after 10-12 games.