Sign in to follow this  
sgncfc

Adeyemi

Presumably Howson''s replacement - but not as good. Would have preferred McGeeghan to come back rather than Adeyemi.

I kind of hope he chooses the binners.

Comparing Adeyami to McGeehan is like comparing Tettey and Wes?!!!!

McGeehan is a Lampard type player, that in NCFC''s current set up would have to replace Pritchard, Wes or Maddison.

Adeyami isn''t actually as bad a player as some are mentioning! He''s a very clever player and in my opinion would be a good option to replace Tettey.

We need a change, we need some passion! Adeyami is a NORWICH FAN! Can you get much more passion from a player, then playing for your own team?!!!

I''d sign him up. I''d also clear Tettey, Howson and Dorrans out. The latter for wages, the other two are massively over-rated.

If Adeyemi comes it will be as someone to offer competition/replace Tettey. He''s a very different player to Howson so most certainly not a direct replacement.

Vrancic is more like Howson in his style so it could be the replacement is already at Norwich - although more likely that if Howson is to leave someone else will be brought in.

He''s come on a lot and it''s a very good thing to be able to praise one of our own youth products.

We haven''t really the need at this moment in time, imo, and he''s probably too good for the binners.

Apparently he''s a super brainbox so the IQ of our squad would probably increase significantly.

If "Ee bye gum" McCarthy is anything to go by that at the Loo would likely soar.

Whilst we''re recruiting ex-Norwich youth players - i''d go for Korey Smith too. Captain at Bristol City and actually a very good player when here originally.

Could be a great addition as he is coming of age.

This is a strange move if true.

Adeyemi has played well for Rotherham, but he''s hardly pulled up trees. Average at Birmingham and not wanted by Cardiff.

I don''t think Adeyemi is consistently good enough for this level, certainly not for a team supposed to be chasing promotion?

Extremely underwhelmed by this.

As mentioned previously

SIX clubs in 6 years and not considered good enough for any of them none of which have particularly good squads

Speaks for itself

I think if he is signed it is more as a squad player than a first team starter. While he isn''t ''top class'' he is certainly a good championship player with over 100 appearances in the league - certainly a good addition on a free transfer.

Norwich lack real dynamism in midfield and if Farke wants his team to press high up the pitch a couple of players like Adeyemi are going to be needed.

sgncfc wrote the following post at 2017-06-27 2:16 PM:

Presumably Howson''s replacement - but not as good. Would have preferred McGeeghan to come back rather than Adeyemi.

I kind of hope he chooses the binners.

Sold Howson then have we?!!!

This Adeyemi story was nicked by Archant from TWTD who in turn got it from the Sheffield Star yesterday. I am taking it with a pinch of salt.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I think if he is signed it is more as a squad player than a first team starter. While he isn''t ''top class'' he is certainly a good championship player with over 100 appearances in the league - certainly a good addition on a free transfer.

Norwich lack real dynamism in midfield and if Farke wants his team to press high up the pitch a couple of players like Adeyemi are going to be needed.[/quote]

He''s no Izzy Brown though, is he. That''s the sort of talent we should be unearthing, rather than average Joe''s.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]It''s a direct quote from Paul Waugh, the Rotherham manager - who has been in discussions with Adeyemi''s agent about bringing him to Rotherham.

It is certain a story of good providence.[/quote]

Paul Warne. [:D]

Luckily the sporting director who signed Izzy Brown is now at Norwich. So we have exactly the right man to unearth more of that kind of talent.

The kind of signings Norwich are making at the moment fit the exact pattern of signings Webber made at Huddesfield, solid Championship players on free transfers, a few young talents on loan and some more obscure transfers from the continent.

Adeyemi on a free seems like a great deal to me. Not every player signed can be a young wonder kid on loan or an unknown from Germany, the team needs a bit of Championship know how, which Adeyemi certainly provides.

Adeyemi is a decent player at this level. Its a no brainer in trying to sign him as a squad player.

Some people''s expectations already this pre season in terms of players we are recruiting, league position etc are absolutely dumbfounding.

I imagine Adeyami is waiting for Norwich to clear out some midfielders before signing. I imagine Ipswich is the back-up option if a move to Norwich doesn''t materialise. Ipswich are after-all the next most local team if he is waiting to return to Norfolk/Anglia.

Regarding 6 clubs in 6 years...

How many teams did Harry Kane go through before Spurs gave him a go? I know of at least 3 teams where he didn''t pull up any trees.

Also, players like Wes and Holt had to play for various clubs at poorer levels before Norwich gave them there iconic status.

Just because he didn''t wow at several clubs it doesn''t make him a dud. It could be location related. If say for example, his family are based in Norwich and he is playing in Wales for Cardiff his performances could have suffered. I am clutching at excuses, but I like him as a player - I also know that he has a season ticket in the stand formerly known as the N&P.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]If Adeyemi comes it will be as someone to offer competition/replace Tettey. He''s a very different player to Howson so most certainly not a direct replacement.

Vrancic is more like Howson in his style so it could be the replacement is already at Norwich - although more likely that if Howson is to leave someone else will be brought in.[/quote]With Tettey''s dodgy knees and lack of technical quality, I hope it''s to replace him – Thompson should be fit again for next season, and Godfrey can play that role if necessary too.

I''m a big Tettey fan, but age is catching up with up. His technical abilities are much better than most people give him credit for and he consistently ranks as one of the best passers at the club.

Unfortunately he seems to have lost that bit of pace which meant it was tough for him to put in the battling displays we are use to in midfield.

Adeyemi isn''t a particularly technical player and is more an ''all action'' one. If Norwich are going to play 3-4-3 you need midfielders who can cover a lot of ground in the middle of the park - think Matic/Kante at Chelsea - that suits Adeyemi a lot more than it does Tettey right now.

Tettey''s job for the last two seasons was to protect the back four - he did a terrible job! No authority, No determination. So he can pass a ball sideway - whoop-de-do - I''d hope any footballer can pass a ball, we need midfielders we something more to offer.

There is a reason Tettey has never been pinched by another club upon our numerous relegations, he isn''t premier league standard.. and recently not even Championship standard. He looks weary and slow like Mulumbu. We need less ''Mulumbu'' and more ''Murphy''.

We let him go, so at the time NC clearly didn''t feel that he had the potential, so the questions are; "Was the judgement made then a bad one or wrong, or has he come on since then?"

Clearly if both Howson and Dorrans leave we shall be a little short in the attacking midfield area, or are Godfrey and Thompson reckoned to have more prospect? We need a committed, all-running player with a good shot. The craft will come from Wes, Pritchard and the German, so there may be a niche for Adeyemi. Hard running, hard tackling players may be subject to a greater risk of injury, so we need one or two more.

Tettey had offers last summer and the summer after the previous relegation, but Norwich turned them down.

I think Tettey has been overexposed personally, although as I said last season wasn''t a good one for him. It is tough as a DM when asked to play in a 4-2-3-1 where the full backs are bombing on, as AN liked to play. He had to cover too many areas of the pitch for one man and as a result the defence were left exposed.

As a DM his job was to win possession (which he still did more than any other Norwich player last season) and then distribute it to attacking players - he was still fine at that, it was just the mobility to get around the pitch and snuff out all the threats singled handed were he failed. There is still a role for him at Norwich and he is still a good Championship player, but he isn''t Kante and can''t defend the whole of midfield and cover the full backs on his own.

Remember young Tom playing when he was an outstanding seven/ eight year old, would love to see him back! Yellow and Green through and through. All we need now is Sam Habergham.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Tettey had offers last summer and the summer after the previous relegation, but Norwich turned them down.

I think Tettey has been overexposed personally, although as I said last season wasn''t a good one for him. It is tough as a DM when asked to play in a 4-2-3-1 where the full backs are bombing on, as AN liked to play. He had to cover too many areas of the pitch for one man and as a result the defence were left exposed.

As a DM his job was to win possession (which he still did more than any other Norwich player last season) and then distribute it to attacking players - he was still fine at that, it was just the mobility to get around the pitch and snuff out all the threats singled handed were he failed. There is still a role for him at Norwich and he is still a good Championship player, but he isn''t Kante and can''t defend the whole of midfield and cover the full backs on his own.[/quote]I agree with everything else in your post, but not with this. The reason for his high pass completion percentage is that he will invariably shuffle the ball sideways or backwards to someone who can distribute it better, and you''d expect any professional footballer to complete a high percentage of those passes. However, much like Bradley Johnson when deployed in that DM role, he didn''t have the quality to distribute accurate forward passes with a high degree of regularity. Whereas Johnson used to frequently overhit them for throw-ins or get them intercepted, Tettey tends to rein in his desire to play those passes and retain possession. Which is fine in itself, but when you look at how Dorrans played in the last few games of the season, you can see how infinitely superior his forward passing from a deeper position was. Obviously Dorrans lacked the positional sense and destructive tendencies of Tettey, but he was the yin to Tettey''s yang. Obviously if we had a player who had the best qualities of both players, he wouldn''t be sticking around for long! [;)]

Tettey doesn''t make game winning passes, he''s a guaranteed yellow card these days and don''t get me started on how poor his heading ability is!

Tettey leaves himself over exposed. In the formation we played last season he should have been dropping back with the centre halves when we had the ball to allow the fullbacks to bomb on. Instead his lack of positional discipline meant he kept following the ball and joining in attacks that didn''t need Hi.

But KC you''re working on what you think Tettey should have been doing and perhaps not what he was asked to do.

None of us have seen Vrancic yet, but hasn''t he been bought to be that midfield lynchpin?

I have seen Vrancic play, but he is again a different type of player to Tettey. He gets up and down the pitch, but isn''t going to sit and hold the midfield like a traditional defensive midfielder.

Without know the exact formation and system Farke is going to play it is hard to know with who and how the formation will line up.

If it is to be 3-4-3 then you could see Vrancic alongside Adeyemi in the centre of midfield, with Jacob and Pritchard ahead of them. In a 4-1-4-1 then I''m not sure who would play the ''1'' in front of the back 4, as I don''t think that would suit Adeyemi or Vrancic. That could suit Tettey as he would have to cover less ground knowing there are 2 other midfielders ahead of him.