Sign in to follow this  
Morph

If you were on the board where would you draw the line?

The posting populace still seems split over the managerial/coaching/team make-up of the club, but I want to know, from both sides of the house, where you draw the line with regards to making a change in the managerial/coaching staff.Many are saying they''ll back Worthington regardless this season. Others say he must go now. Some remain in between giving him until Christmas to turn things around. But how do you really feel?If we go on a run that sees us win 1 in every 3 matches is that good enough?If we continue the slide into lower table obscurity do you consider that acceptable?If we finish mid-table has enough been done?I''ve seen the words "small steps" bandied about by a number of posters with regard to progress from the club. Other''s have said one step forward, two steps backwards.From the perspective of a remote supporter who just sees the results and the subsequent tabular position of the club, I feel we''ve taken a huge step backwards. I expected us to be capable of staying up last year with the squad that had been put together. Even with the huge playing staff turnover at the start of this season I really did expect the club to be competitive. We''re not and unfortunately the buck really does stop at Worthington''s door irrespective of whether he solely to blame.So if you''re in Delia''s shoes, or Munby''s shoes or Wynn-Jones''s shoes, where do you draw the line? Top half by Christmas or you''re out the door Mr Worthington? Or simply make us competitive again and avoid relegation? Or is are you more harsh and think Mr Worthington you have three more games to show that you can handle the painful aspects of the job and know what to do to change things?...

I''m not of the knee-jerk reaction camp, i''ve wanted worthy to be given a fair chance, but I think I speak for the majority when I say if things don''t improve then by Christmas it will be tto late. There is no-one who will be happy with staying up or even a mid table finish. The goal this season is promotion at the very least through the play-offs. Perhaps Worthy has to string three wins together in the next 6 games (minimum) to keep his job, that is taking into account that winning 1 and losing the next couple of games is not the kind of form that gets a team promoted.

As worthy has just been given the cash to sign a couple more players i suspcet he will get more time to turn things around.

The board have to have in mind some sort of table position by a certain timescale to consider where they stand on this.  It cannot and should never be a blind he is ok til the end of the season - a week is a log time in football & politics.

For me the untenable position is if we remain in the bottom half of the table by the end of October.  However event inbeween here and then may take over - some one mentioned Hamiltons 5 consecutive defeats - we have 5 out of 6 and if that becomes 7 out of 10 that rolling stone may have gathered too much speed.

OTBC   

at the start of the season i would have set simple targets:

1.  Be in the top 5 come christmas
  2.  Be strong contenders for promotion
  3.  Have and good cup run
  4.  make the team to good strength and quality to win this league

So far,  Nigel has not done any!

My targets, and the clubs targets should not have anything about relegation in them at all, cause there should be no need, but now:

5.  Evade relegation

Finishing mid-table, considering the good quality of the squad we''ve got when compared to others, would be almost criminal. If the Board accepted that, it would suggest that the Board is happy with this Division.  

Before I did antyhing, I would want to know that there was a decent, credible replacement available.

Sacking Worthington without a ready successor would be short sighted and completely foolish. So far the names banded around on this site do not offer anything that we don''t already have.

So after yesterday''s result and the post-match comments has Worthy finally crossed that crucial divide between being in a job and being out of one?