Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Scott Parker retires from football

Always thought he was a good player, and although he only played a few games for us, he does give us a mention, in part of his statement;

“I would like to thank everyone at Charlton Athletic, Norwich City, Chelsea, Newcastle United, West Ham United, Tottenham Hotspur and Fulham for the unbelievable support that I''ve been shown throughout my time at each and every one of the club''s I''ve been proud to represent.

Thank you to the fans of all of the clubs that I''ve been lucky enough to play for. Your support has meant everything to me and you''ve supported me throughout all of the ups and downs during my career. I hope I was able to repay the faith shown in me by my commitment and performances on the pitch.

“I would like to thank all of my teammates over the course of my career as well as the coaches and managers that I''ve played under. I''ve learnt a huge amount from everyone that I''ve worked with that I have no doubt will hugely benefit me in my next career chapter.”

Forgotten that he had played for us, was that under Worthington?  Looked at his record and  surprised at the lack of goals for someone who had such a sweet strike. Only 26 in his whole career.  Rather makes Wes look prolific......

LDC, it was when Worthy was here, I seem to remember him scoring at an away game, possibly Sheffield Weds when we won 5-1 ?