Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

why did ashton take the pen?

ashton should never have taken the penalty. hux scored in midweek and has an air of confidence about him that is sadly lacking with ashton currently. he never convinced me he would score. i think he has gone off the boil lately and maybe we should have taken the money we wree offered because he certainly doesnt look worth 300 quid never mind 3 mill at the moment!

i wont ever blame anyone for missing a penalty.. unless of course its a regular occurence and they keep taking them.

It takes guts to put ur neck on the chopping blocklike that, and whoever steps up is taking the weight on their shoulders. Theres no pressure on a keeper as he isnt expected to save it but the taker knows if he misses then he could cost his team.... and that theres no one else to fall back on.,...

I dont think Deano should of taken it but better players than him have missed from 12 yards. he had the guts to step up and fair play to him

When I saw him pick the ball up and stumble towards the spot I just wanted to run up to him, knock him out properly and take the kick myself. Probably the case for all of you. Some how today felt like the most important match of the season because at times it looked like we had finally clicked and got going yet at times we looked as clueless as ever. If only the passion that was being shown in the stands had been shown on the pitch the result will probably have been different.

jas, its not about "he had the guts" he obviously wasnt confident, and it doesnt take much to go up to hux and say "im not up to it, you take it"

im dissapointed, but 1 miss out of many penaltys isnt bad, but still we should have walked away with a draw today

So easy, for anybodydy to say Deano shouldn''t take it instead of Hucks. All the same it doesn''t make our season does it. Back our players !!! And don''t get on their backs. right. Maybe Hucks had converted it maybe not we''ll never know do we? Let''s concentrate on Hull, shall we?

Because he is the clubs no 1 pen taker - each team has one and it was the same last season - ashton takes the pens.

Hux only took it Tues because ashton was not on the pitch

Missing a pen is the least of our problems.

OTBC

Ashton was laid out in the first half, he was walking to the touchline and collapsed again and looked away with the fairies.. at this point he should have gone off. He then had what can only be described as a bizarre afternoon, as he tripped across the starship enterprise with captain kirk and spok and bones and fought off thre klingons.. any prat could see he was delirious, why didnt somebody... anybody just steer him away from the penalty kick and let the hucks take it.. criminal.. absolutely criminal. What a state the club is in.