Sign in to follow this  
The Big Bad Wolf

Sunderland Appoint Grayson

I think Grayson is a decent manager but has a hell of a lot to do there. They were pretty dire for several seasons before the drop, they''ve lost their only decent striker, their keeper, have a huge debt to manage (assuming the sale of the club is off) and the treading water for so long this summer has lost them a lot of time in the transfer market.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I think Grayson is a decent manager but has a hell of a lot to do there. They were pretty dire for several seasons before the drop, they''ve lost their only decent striker, their keeper, have a huge debt to manage (assuming the sale of the club is off) and the treading water for so long this summer has lost them a lot of time in the transfer market.[/quote]That is the telling point. Clubs like Blackburn, Fulham, Wigan, Villa etc who have struggle for a while before they go down usually struggle when they do go down.The debt and huge wage bill will undoubtedly see a few more out of the door as well20/1 is a good punt

Sound appointment, knows the league, has a record of promotions with each of his club; but the challenges at Sunderland are enormous.

He will do well eventually - will he get that time.

And I really can not see them getting relegated - mid table yes, but no double drop .

Imagine young Declan Rudd won''t be too chuffed! Unless of course Mr Grayson takes him to Sunderland, with a need to replace Pickford!

"no value in a losing bet"So much wrong with the above sentence. 20-1 for sunderland to be relagated is tempting, but not quite long enough for me - if we knew that they weren''t going to spend a ton of money then I''d be interested, but I see no reason for them to stop throwing money at the problem now given their huge debt and the fact that this, more than any season, is the one to throw the kitchen sink at.