Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Jamie Barjonas Bid

How many defensive central midfielders do Norwich have?

Tettey and Thompson - both of whom can''t stay out of the treatment room for more than a few months at a time. Norwich really do need more central midfielders - especially as Dorrans is most likely to be sold.

Big difference between a player like Tettey and one like Pritchard. Norwich have too many attacking midfielders, but not enough defensive ones (which is where Barjonas can play).

What is behind this?

Are we really interested in the Scots lad or, is the recognition that Rangers have no money are we hoping to get the youngster at a bargain price in a player exchange?

I know absolutely nothing about Barjonas, and especially what potential he is thought to have, but could this be a way of "off-loading" Dorrans, who clearly wants to go north, and overcome the lack of cash that Rangers are thought to suffer from?

I think you are right Salopian.

One of Webber''s new recruitment team was at Rangers so probably knows all about this kid.

If Rangers don''t have the cash for Dorrans then Norwich can take one of their highest regarded youngsters - very sensible business if it pans out.

neither howson nor dorrans are physical enough to truly do the CDM role justice; neat and tidy with the ball, and howson is superb box to box, but neither are ball winners.

As bethnal points out we simply can not be certain we will get enough pitch time out of a waning Tettey or the potentially excellent Thompson and it is a season too soon to expect Godfrey (if thats to be his role) to make a success there all season.

So yes a CDM is needed to sit alongside vrancic & or howson.

I reported on this bid yesterday in the Dorrans topic, even thou i slightly got the spelling of his name wrong. I to think there is no harm getting a young  lad like this in, a bit more defensive midfield choice is needed.

A player who can contribute now, who is probably paid over £20k a week at a club looking to reduce its wage bill...