Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Ideas for a better atmosphere at FCR

Get rid of the orchestrated OTBC carp just before kick off

wouldn''t be a bad idea, cringeworthy.

[quote user="Les"]Get rid of the orchestrated OTBC carp just before kick off

wouldn''t be a bad idea, cringeworthy.[/quote]amen to that

i have never gone to a football match to be entertained at half time

Can the club concentrate on the football instead of hiring staff to worry about half time entertainment

i think am getting old and grumpy !! ha !

Trying (often in vail) to get to the bar at half time is the best entertainment I could ask for. Necking pint even better.

I just think it''s more generating fanbase involvement during the game in certain parts of the stadium more a pressing matter.

When H''Field played at Carra at Xmas their chant of a simple "OOOO" in unison was enough to drown out our entire stadium and I felt embarrassed by our lack of support for the lads on the pitch even when our loyalties towards Neil were waning.

There''s plenty of great pieces of music, both old and modern, that could be used to raise the atmosphere on match days. Just need to play it loud.

Unfortunately at too many grounds now the atmosphere isn''t great compared to back n the day! all seater stadia and older spectators, and more families, maybe if there was an age limit (upper) i wouldnt have to take my mother in law, that might help, also would be a lot less bad language as an added benefit if her types were banned, she should be playing bowls or at a gardening club.[<:o)]

Atmosphere depends on a lot of factors.

I''m relatively young at 32, single, get to home games as often as I can (live in Ldn) and usually sunk a few pints beforehand. For me, when I watch City, I''m well immersed and behind them no matter where I''m sitting. My only gripe is others around me but that depends on their own situation which I completely understand. But not everyone around me understands my situation. So it''s tit for tat. I make as much noise as I can to support the lads but know it''s not always possible for others to do the same.

Well I went and watched Robbie at st.mary''s a few weeks back, the crowd were mainly in their 40''s and 50''s. The atmosphere was brilliant. The difference.........well we were all half pissed! So if you want a better atmosphere dish out more booze......simples:))

Booze intake seems to be the only way Brits can let their hair down.

The OTBC at the start is a farce.
I paid £250 for two of my Grandsons and myself to tour the ground before Hughton''s first home game against QPR and begin OTBC before the kick off. As soon as we began to open our mouths near the centre circle, the 1000 or so in the Barclay took over and changed the tempo to the same as the Flight of the Bumblebee. So we just clammed up.
Spurs have slowed down their song so why don''t the Barclay sing OTBC at the tempo it should be. And in that way we won''t end u[ with "hurrahwe''vescoredagoal" as one word.

I agree, and in truth I haven''t heard the "...a goal" bit at the end for many years. I suspect many in the Lower Barclay don''t even know the correct words (certainly some near to me don''t). When Spurs sing their song at the correct (slower) pace it sounds excellent - we really should try to do likewise with OTBC.

Indeed sparge, I find myself proudly building to a crescendo of "a goal" and by the time I''m there everyone else is clapping their hands and shouting City.

Younger fans! Looking at last years (shambolic) AGM, there was a lot of older fans. Time for some

New blood, that includes the owners!

So in summary - 1) Remove selling alcohol from the ground completely  (do people go for the football or to get drunk?) 2) Get rid of the goal music 3) Get Gareth in at half time for a few weeks to teach the crowd how to sing OTBC properly.4) Get local marching bands/groups in to entertain before matches and at half time.Of course those won''t happen - 1) The club makes too much money from exploiting people''s weakness for alcohol2) Corporations of every kind these days like to be in control of how their customers react to their products3) Gareth wouldn''t be up for it4) Local groups would be considered too tin pot, much better to have loud recorded music - after all who wouldn''t want to hear stuff they can hear any time, any place on the many media playing devices there are around these days. 

Bingo at half-time. 

("Number two ... Portaloo.") 

House! 
There has been a reaction to our sponsors being a gambling organisation so I can''t see housey housey being popular.
Imagine the players faces when the ref tells them to wait for the second half because they are waiting on a full house.
How about scratch cards for half time and non winners can been thrown in the air , choreographed of course, when we score a goal.

Lol LDC your ideas would kill the atmospere stone dead.

It''s a game of footie, not Sunday school!!

Bl**dy hell we have become a nation of pu**ies and that''s why the atmosphere is rubbish.

Cut back on the amount of ads on the big screen, and get a team together that delvers a brand of football and i''m sure the crowd will respond in the right way #Carrow Wall

The buck stops with the owners.

The only attempt they''ve ever made to liven the crowd up at half time has led to persistent ridicule.

I''d suggest Beyoncé and Shakira buying out Delia and putting on a real half time performance for the masses.

All convicted Drink Drivers since the last match should be marched around the pitch at half time, giving the crowd a chance to boo them, and throw things at them. I suggest this could just be empty plastic beer glasses and bottles.Pedophiles and rapists would then be walked around, but the plastic glasses would be replaced with darts, stones, or anything else likely to hurt them.With our new German team - AC/DC''s The Furor would be an excellent choice of warm up music.Or we could go American, the masters of entertainment...1. Synthetic crowd noises, cheers and clapping, blasted over the loud speakers.2. Nacho Grande and Beer holders in every seat. A bar not more than a few meters (yards) away, as they don''t walk very far. Alcohol is great for upping the atmosphere.3. Sexy Cheerleaders in front of every stand throughout the match, not just at half-time, to get the songs going. Due to political correctness one corner could be designated the ''Pride'' stand, and a Chippendale''s type male group could do the cheerleading for them. 4. Organ music sounds every time the ball crosses the halfway line and also into the penalty area. Going up in tone for Norwich attacks, and down when we''re defending.5. Head mounted Player Cams with sound user selectable on your smartphones. You can really see how difficult it was for Jerome to miss that sitter, or if McGovern''s view was really blocked by a crowd of players. God Bless America

I was going to say that Palace have a reputation for noise, particularly the Holmesdale End Fanatics, seems to have been ''set up'' in 2005 to create atmosphere . http://m.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/holmesdale-fanatics-are-crystal-palace-s-12th-man-and-are-more-important-than-ever/story-29589300-detail/story.html