Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Ideas for a better atmosphere at FCR

Just perusing the main NCFC site, I happened across this story saying that there had been a meeting between club and supporters on June 27th

----

Norwich City were delighted to host the first in a series of fan consultation sessions last night on enhancing the atmosphere at Carrow Road. A diverse group of fans took part, covering all areas of the ground and aged between 21 and 83 years old. In an open discussion that also involved Club officials, fans gave their views on how Carrow Road should be on a matchday and what it should say about the Club.

Topics of discussion included pre-match, in-game and half-time, while other subjects such as stadium improvements were also considered as playing a major role in the overall experience.

Inspiration was also drawn from other clubs, sports and countries to form a set of ideas that the group will work on together with the Club to bring to life over the course of the new season.

With some ideas easier than others to implement, the Club are now investigating what’s possible with a focus on the start of the new season as well as those requiring longer-term planning.

The Club’s Head of Marketing, Ed Guichard, chaired the evening and was really excited by the outcomes: “As expected, there was an enormous amount of passion in the room with a real energy to make Carrow Road the cauldron we all desire. There were some fantastic ideas put forward and the mission for us now is to bring as many of those to life as possible and generate the atmosphere we all crave.

“It was agreed that for this initiative to be successful it has to be owned and driven by the fans as an organic process, but with the Club playing a crucial supporting role to facilitate as much as we can operationally achieve. It’s clear to see from last night that everyone involved is totally committed to this.”

Moving forward, the group will meet regularly throughout the season to track progress with a number of opportunities for the whole fan base to have their input on any key decisions.

Kicking that off, we would like to ask fans their view on goal music in a simple poll. All you need to do is answer the question ‘should Carrow Road feature goal music’ with a simple yes or no via this link. The poll will stay open until 11.59pm on July 4.

----

Just wondered if anyone here had gone, what sort of things they mentioned, and was a tad surprised that Archant hadn''t picked up on this poll!

I think a good Oom-pah pah Band playing Patriotic

Songs before the game and at half-time to stir the team up.

Much better than that mouse wheel and Crossbar Challenge

Actually, in terms of half-time, the most entertaining I''ve seen is the ''spin around a load and try to score'' that I first saw at qpr, a number of years ago - though I guess that probably gets a bit boring after half a season!

I voted to change the music, bring back the samba i say!!

As a longer term solution maybe a safe standing section, if legislation ever allows it, in the Snake Pit or part of the Barclay.

At half time keep it simple, have the crossbar challenge or score from the corner flag, none of those zorb challenges etc.

Could even bring back the relay races around the edge of the pitch for the local schools, they always got a bit of a cheer and will give the kids who race something to remember and hopefully get them infatuated in everything yellow and green.

I always liked Elias and his Zig Zag Five, can''t remember if it was played at Carrow Road or elsewhere though.

If enough agree with me perhaps nephew Tom will hark to our wish.

the farke flag is one of several flag ideas being used I think.

Ominous flashback to Julian Brellier.

Yellow nets

Pre-match music: Day Dream Believer, 7 Nation Army, Just can''t get enough. Oh, and yellow nets.

Goal music: Samba or the Darts one (don''t mind that tbh). Plus yellow nets.

Half-time: agree with schools race around the perimeter - great to engage future supporters.

Did I mention yellow nets?

It would be a great publicity stunt to provide all the seats in the lower Barclay with a yellow t-shirt to create a yellow wall a la Dortmund.

Bring back the Samba, would be a good idea, a five a side match between local schools at half time always got me interested, bring it back.

i don''t like all that Entertainment at football

The Game should be the best entertainment of the day so we can chat about how wonderful we are playing at H/T maybe watch the highlights on the Screen

Get that bit right the Ground will be full and overflowing with atmosphere

it''s a shame the screen only rotates for the goals - am sure it could be used more to get things going but what is traditionally the noisiest part of the ground can''t see the bloody thing!

Naked cheerleaders.
Alternatively, a trained group of chipmunks performing a dance routine. Alvin and the Chipmunks would be ideal, but I''m led to believe they''re not real.

How about either a Egg and Spoon Race featuring Delia and Master Tom

PS That will keep her from getting pissed when we are 3-0 down to Sunderland at halftime

Or

3 Legged Race with Lafferty and the other no show NCFC fan Mrs Fry

Does it really need to be improved, the atmosphere always sounds pretty good on the radio commentary?Apples

[quote user="Morgan"]Try sitting in the South Stand[/quote]I sit in the South Stand and I haven''t heard you. [;)]

I can''t believe no-one has mentioned clappers yet. And if we''re all happy while we''re clapping, even better!

There used to be a local marching band - jazz or syncopation going round the outside of the ground. They really ramped up the atmosphere and would be great at half time.

[quote user="hogesar"]
Alternatively, a trained group of chipmunks performing a dance routine. Alvin and the Chipmunks would be ideal, but I''m led to believe they''re not real.
[/quote]Whaaaaat.  You''ve ruined my life.......................[:''(]

Tell Norfolk people over the age of fifteen that it isn''t embarrassing to sing and enjoy yourself. 

If things are a little flat in the first half someone should appear on the pitch and enquire as to where the supporters are and emplore them to liven things up a bit.