Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Cardiff away moved to Friday

Dissapointing, i always like going to Cardiff, but on a Friday means i either have to take little one out of school and both the wife and self have to take a day off work, not going to happen i fear.

Fans carped on again.

just a thought, but why don''t the clubs involved get together, and swap the home / away fixture''s for situation like this, thus avoiding the need for a Friday night match. Just seems obvious to me, before the season starts. 

One of my closes games only an hour and half away, didn''t hear many complaints about the 7:45 home fixtures on a Tuesday, which are my bugbear

Isnt that the price you pay for supporting a non local team ? and respect to you for doing so. 

Get that Swindon, and also a lot of travelling fans don''t live in Norfolk, but its a real handicap travelling away when you start in North Norfolk :-(

i like the trips to Wales and often travel over on a Friday Night, leaving after school / work commitments cleared can be a 5-6 hour trip at times.

[quote user="Greavsy"]just a thought, but why don''t the clubs involved get together, and swap the home / away fixture''s for situation like this, thus avoiding the need for a Friday night match. Just seems obvious to me, before the season starts. [/quote]
Sadly not as simple as that, have to take into consideration other clubs fixtures as well, Swansea at home to Everton that day and Newport County also at home so South Wales police will not like the idea of all three clubs playing at home on the same day and time I''d imagine.

That''s it, most clubs have a local rival where it''s best to avoid them both playing at home the same day.

Friday night is just the worst night to travel so scheduling football games then is the real problem.  And Cardiff is one of the worst trips for most people. 

So we now have Cardiff away on a Friday night, Middlesboro away on a Tuesday night and also Sunderland away on a Tuesday night. [:@]

With the game being so near Christmas and such a long trip on a Friday I would think the club should be offering free coach travel to any fans buying a ticket and traveling from Norwich.