Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Adeyemi

[quote user="Jack Flash"]Re LDCs comments "Indeed, a real Norwich fan would find it inconceivable to play for Ipswich under any circumstances.  Strange move - I know he''s a professional and has to do what is good for his career, but there are surely limits"!!

I give you Clive Woods.[/quote]

That was different. Hmm....born in Norwich, but at least he redeemed himself by coming back to us - and defecting from Ipswich is different from defecting to Ipswich!

Sadly he gave all his best years to them lot, but always retained his love for Norwich and eventually came back - sadly a bit too old and past his best.

One-time Canaries player Tom Adeyemi has joined Ipswich Town. Photo: ITFCI didn''t realise that they unveiled him in front of their 2017/18 season ticket holders.

So downtrodden have they been in recent seasons that they are desperate for any crumb of comfort.

In this respect they have ACTUALLY CONVINCED THEMSELVES to a man they they BEAT us to Adeyemi''s signature. Their board is full of some weird mis-aligned gloating as a result.

Again:-

(1) NCFC were never after the player. There was not one single indication from OUR club that we were.

(2) He''s not that much of a capture in any case. We have an abundance of better quality than ''journeyman'' Tom.

If they want to convince themselves they''ve "beaten us" to his signature then let them have that little bit of pleasure.Other than online gossip from the most spurious of sources, there was never anything remotely concrete linking us with him. They''ve fallen for that easy space filler that links players with their ex-clubs whenever they move on, we had it a few times with Cureton before he did end up rejoining us and there will have been others.You could probably start a Twitter rumour stating that we were set to sign Emyr Huws and that he was heading to Colney for talks only for them to usurp the deal at the last second and for him to go there-and they''d be all over that as well.Non event. But, as I said above, if they all want to wank themselves senseless over it, then good luck to them.

damn that Ralph Coates! wrote the following post at 02/07/2017 6:10 PM:

https://youtu.be/0erXulNygbU

someone I know who is an Ip5hite fan has sent me this this morning, so it appears they are gloating.....

Hahaha this is pretty hilarious. It actually only highlights the insecurities that poor clubs pathetic fans have towards us! The name Grant Holt will forever haunt them. Can''t help but feel sorry for them, or maybe not! 😁

I thought the whole reason we got rid of him in the first place was that whilst he was tall and athletic, he lacked vision and awareness of what was going around him on the pitch. Didn''t seem like a Farke signing at all.

Believe me he used to enjoy beating the Scummers when he played them for the Academy, don''t they realise that have signed a fifth columnist.😉

At his age and given that he was said to have a number of clubs interested in signing him, I would have expected him to go somewhere with the likelihood of regular involvement. The Ipswich midfield will give him little in this respect as he watches ball after ball launched over his head. He''ll have to settle for a spectating role along with the other 12,000.

Let''s not knock the lad, he''s decent enough at this level, had a decent season last year and had we signed him again everyone wouldn''t be negative about it!

We''ve not exactly signed anyone better yet, on paper there''s potential but in reality we''ve yet to see just how good our three signings are!

The binners will be bleating about this but as said it never made much sense us being linked to Adeyemi as he''s just not what we need.

" ------- had we signed him again everyone wouldn''t be negative about it!"

Speak for yourself Indy. I would consider it a backward step and a "Championship" signing whilst the ink is not yet dry on our Premier League membership form.

We need to hang on to the vestiges of being a PL outfit (albeit a bit of a yo-yo one) for as long as is possible and aim high. Adeyemi''s signing would have been an admission of aiming for the ordinary. That he went to Ipswich (low wages, low expectations, Championship stalwarts more likely to go down than up) in the end confirms this and no Championship club with ambition seemed interested.

Tom Adeyemi is an average Championship performer, with a somewhat chequered history, who hasn''t achieved much. Our last two midfield signings from the leagues were Pritchard and Watkins both generally recognised as being well above average.

Let''s keep it that way. They can have him along with the delusion that they have acquired a world-beater.

So what do you call Marley Watkins Brady? He''s exactly what you''ve just described!

I have no love for the binners but some on here think anyone we sign is a step forward or good squad player since when and why is Watkins well above average?

Watkins has excelled at this level though so is more proven quality. Adeyemi has so far been just average yet capable at this level so with him there is way more gamble. Good signing for the scum who admittedly have a much better record of converting potential into proven quality though that''s probably because they have had to rely on youth more than buying players and expectation is lower.

"So what do you call Marley Watkins Broady? He''s exactly what you''ve just described!"

I don''t know too much about Watkins admittedly but do know that he made quite a name for himself last season (and got his first full cap for mighty Wales,) excited a certain amount on interest and was rumoured to be sought after by a few clubs at the top end of our league.

On the other hand I do know that Adeyemi was not considered at Cardiff and was loaned out to Rotherham where apparently he did quite well.

On paper there appear to be many similarities but I suspect most would prefer Marley to Tom any day. I would.

I can assure you that Vrancic is better than Adeyemi aswell. Technically much more gifted!

This thread will now be picked up by a scum fan who will splatter it all over twtd about how "the budgies have got four pages of crying now about him and pretending they''re not really bothered" etc etc.

Which would be funny if we were crying about him but the fact is he was never a target and it''s bloody brilliant that they think he was, the delusion is fantastic. That YouTube video linked to in this thread, even more top delusional stuff from fans of a club who still think that they are relevant and are everybody''s second team hahaha.

Fair play to the lad!

If the S*um were silly enough to pay me probably £5000 + a week to kick a ball around for them, or in the reality of their current midfield, look up in the sky at balls going over their heads or when I get the ball, either pass it sidewards or lumping it up the pitch running around like headless chickens (after all the criterias are laid Me signing for them doesn''t seem so daft cause I could do all of them things!) then I''d be on A140 heading down to the Bronx in minutes!

Tom Adeyemi is at best a commited Championship lower half, slogger so he fits the Mick, S*um criteria of to a tea!

It made me laugh that the East Anglian Daily Times (their local rag who for the record don''t like whats happening at Pooman Road!) say they beat us to Adeyemis signature!

- While I''m sure if we stay in this League for a number of years like they have, we will eventually sign players of Adeyemis ilk, we haven''t reached that stage yet!

We look to have moved on players of the standard of Mulumbu, Dorrans and Howson. Yet we were interesting in signing a player who has spent a lot of his time on loan. Was released by us. Why ? Because he was free (their strategy) and played for us before. Well good for them.They should take their victories where they can. I doubt there will be many this season.

[quote user="kingsway"]Fair play to the lad!

If the S*um were silly enough to pay me probably £5000 + a week to kick a ball around for them, or in the reality of their current midfield, look up in the sky at balls going over their heads or when I get the ball, either pass it sidewards or lumping it up the pitch running around like headless chickens (after all the criterias are laid Me signing for them doesn''t seem so daft cause I could do all of them things!) then I''d be on A140 heading down to the Bronx in minutes!

Tom Adeyemi is at best a commited Championship lower half, slogger so he fits the Mick, S*um criteria of to a tea!

It made me laugh that the East Anglian Daily Times (their local rag who for the record don''t like whats happening at Pooman Road!) say they beat us to Adeyemis signature!

- While I''m sure if we stay in this League for a number of years like they have, we will eventually sign players of Adeyemis ilk, we haven''t reached that stage yet![/quote]
I think this thread is a real shame. I''m disappointed that Tom Adeyemi has signed for the binners but he''s much more than a slogger. For Norfolk born players he''s right up there. I don''t remember them all now but could he be the most successful Norwich schoolboy since Danny Mills? Perhaps I''ve missed some?
Anyway, the lad''s on my FONCY youth team to first team mug even though it''s a faded image now. He was one of the players those great guys from FONCY had a lot of pride in. So did us PUPs who contributed to his development. If he comes good with the binners will we still get a cut of any transfer fee? Imagine a few million being shared by us and the boy mucus''s wallet. Poor old binners would still be paupers.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Allow me to be pedantic Nutty but Tom was born in Milton Keynes not Norfolk.[/quote]
Didn''t know that. I always thought it was Attleborough.

Attended The Norwich School and joined us as a 17 year old. Wiki is wonderful. [;)]

No he signed pro contract with us at 17, he was Here bonfire that Til.

Predictive text......he was here before signing pro contract at 17.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Attended The Norwich School and joined us as a 17 year old. Wiki is wonderful. [;)][/quote]Joined as a Pro at 17 having been with the Academy since he was 8. [:P]