Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Adeyemi

Joining the Binboys today apparently! Very strange when he claims to be a City supporter!

Interesting that they have actually spent more money than us so far but those they have paid a fee for, aren''t actually much kop really!

Who have they robbed to find the money? Maybe Evans has sold a few more boxes of guns than normal!

If he does sign for Ipswich it is probably because they will make him a first team player rather than potentially being a ''squad'' player at Norwich.

It would be the sensible move for his career as the last thing he needs now is to go from playing every week to sitting on the bench - must be a tough decision to make for someone who is a Norwich fan though.

Not at all sure we were interested, I can''t really see where he''d fit as midfield is an area we''re high on numbers (and have signed Vrancic and Watkins), unless we had loads of leavers.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Joining the Binboys today apparently! Very strange when he claims to be a City supporter![/quote]I doubt we were ever in for him.1: Although we are cutting back on wages, I still think we would have offered more than the binners could afford if we wanted him...2: A choice between his hometown club or our bitterest rivals? No contest...Nope, just one of those dodgy rumours we always get at this time of the year.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Baldyboy"]Joining the Binboys today apparently! Very strange when he claims to be a City supporter![/quote]I doubt we were ever in for him.1: Although we are cutting back on wages, I still think we would have offered more than the binners could afford if we wanted him...2: A choice between his hometown club or our bitterest rivals? No contest...Nope, just one of those dodgy rumours we always get at this time of the year.

[/quote]Agree that we probably weren''t in for him and we''d have offered more cash but I''d imagine he''ll be playing week in week out there, doubtful that he would here.

Lol, THEY believe it........."Do we think the budgies will be having a full-on meltdown if he''s chosen

us over them - assuming his current manager can be believed?""I''d say this is an excellent signing and will annoy the scum fans,

despite however they dress it up on their forums. he chose Town above

them, an excellent slap in the face for them.I can understand him not wanting to go back there.....

They got rid of him so he is probably saying ....."Up yours Norwich. I

will go to your rivals and make sure I play really well there". That''s my hope anyway."
Bless ''em. [:D]

I don''t see why the Rotherham manager would make it up that Norwich were trying to sign him.

It could have been Norwich only entered initial talks with the player''s agent - but as I said I see no reason why Warne would make this up.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Baldyboy"]Joining the Binboys today apparently! Very strange when he claims to be a City supporter![/quote]I doubt we were ever in for him.1: Although we are cutting back on wages, I still think we would have offered more than the binners could afford if we wanted him...2: A choice between his hometown club or our bitterest rivals? No contest...Nope, just one of those dodgy rumours we always get at this time of the year.

[/quote]Agree that we probably weren''t in for him and we''d have offered more cash but I''d imagine he''ll be playing week in week out there, doubtful that he would here.[/quote]

He''ll go there, play really, really average, and help them to an 18th place finish. That''s the reality.

I dont think it would be hard as a city supporter if they offered him more in the way of wages or promise he would be a starter. I am an avid city fan but choose to represent Suffolk in my sport as it offers more opportunity and a higher level. Things are different for athletes and fans believe it or not!

With our wealth of midfielders can anybody really think we would have any need of Tom Adeyemi?

If we go for anybody in this area it will be for a class defensive midfielder, and he ''aint that.

The binners are in reality getting all worked up about a City reject who has never quite made it.

At least the Intelligence Quotient of their dressing room will be elevated by having Professor Tom on board, if not their Championship chances.

We''d see him as 4th choice, Ipswich would see him as 1st choice. That''s the gap between the two clubs at the moment so not sure what Ipswich have to shout about really.

Knowing Paul Warne on a personal level for many years one of the most honest straight talking people i am honoured to call a friend

if he said it then it will be True he is not one for making things up or talking Rubbish

The elation on TWTD about this signing is quite unbelievable.

It''s Tom Adeyemi for goodness sake.

It reminds me of the time we were at a low ebb and sinking fast and subsequently got collectively worked up at the prospect of such signings as Matty Patterson, Julien Brellier and Fozzy and imagining that things were on the way up.

It''s all relative.

Ipswich fans make you laugh i imagine we have spoken to many players agents some we were really interested in and some less so but we wanted to find out more information about wages or if they would be squad member etc

i think we all know 100 % if we wanted Adeyemi as a first team player he would be here instead of Ipswich

Good for them, he''s a decent lower Champs player - at 25 he''s at what I think is his 7th club, hopefully it works out for him, but he certainly wasn''t what we need. It''s actually good to have had it confirmed that we weren''t one of the sides in for him.

As a player, I''m pleased he joined Ipswich because he isn''t what we want or need, although I think he''s a decent player.

I do have a slight problem with his claim to be a Norwich fan though, which doesn''t fit with his comments today. No Norwich fan would talk about their "history" in such glowing terms.

So I will very happily boo and abuse him if he plays against us.

Unless of course he is a fifth columnist.......

[quote user="Canary Top Hat"]Made my small contribution to their site[/quote]

You are a pr1ck.

No love lost or bothered. Why? He hasn''t set the world alight since moving and not cutting it at Cardiff. We have plenty of quality in midfield - if fans want to get upset about, look who we have. Would you rather have what we currently have over Adeyemi? I know I would rather have Pritchard, Wes, Maddison, Tettey, new Croatian bloke and many others than even worry about who the binmen have got.

Adeyemi may talk about history but history also includes being stagnant in a 2nd tier which is more recent over things won before he was even born.

Bethnal Yellow and Green wrote the following post at 30/06/2017 11:19 AM:

If he does sign for Ipswich it is probably because they will make him a first team player rather than potentially being a ''squad'' player at Norwich.

It would be the sensible move for his career as the last thing he needs now is to go from playing every week to sitting on the bench - must be a tough decision to make for someone who is a Norwich fan though.

Indeed, you grow up dreaming of playing at Carrow Road and you end up realising your ambition and running out in a blue shirt.

"No love lost or bothered. Why? He hasn''t set the world alight since moving and not cutting it at Cardiff. We have plenty of quality in midfield - if fans want to get upset about, look who we have. Would you rather have what we currently have over Adeyemi? I know I would rather have Pritchard, Wes, Maddison, Tettey, new Croatian bloke."

Agreed, but you forgot Howson, Naismith and Dorrans (or are you anticipating their respective sales?)

Other than a passing glance, as we would at any player who became available, I cannot see any reason whatsoever for us being interested in Tom Adeyemi. We are well stocked in most of that area (except replacement for Tettey?) especially if you add Thompson and Godfrey to the long list of better players.

Besides he''s not quite good enough despite TWTD treating his arrival with the same significance as the Guardian Angel''s descent upon the lost tribes of Israel.

Their panglossian bubble will have burst by the ending of September as usual.

Mark moy words yung maan!

[quote user="sgncfc"]As a player, I''m pleased he joined Ipswich because he isn''t what we want or need, although I think he''s a decent player.

I do have a slight problem with his claim to be a Norwich fan though, which doesn''t fit with his comments today. No Norwich fan would talk about their "history" in such glowing terms.

So I will very happily boo and abuse him if he plays against us.

Unless of course he is a fifth columnist.......[/quote]

Indeed, a real Norwich fan would find it inconceivable to play for Ipswich under any circumstances.  Strange move - I know he''s a professional and has to do what is good for his career, but there are surely limits!!

It''s his livlihood for Buddha''s sake.

His well documented intellectual abilities would have told him that such a move was a good one for him, even at sub £5k per week.

NCFC weren''t interested after all.

Re LDCs comments "Indeed, a real Norwich fan would find it inconceivable to play for Ipswich under any circumstances.  Strange move - I know he''s a professional and has to do what is good for his career, but there are surely limits"!!

I give you Clive Woods.

Not bothered about this in the slightest. I always liked Adeyemi as a person, always came across as a decent lad, but as a footballer he wasn''t much cop. Wouldn''t take him back here, he''s a mediocre Champs player at best. Even if we did have fleeting interest, he wouldn''t have got near our squad most weeks as it stands, and he will walk into the binners'' team so can see why he went there. It''s big fish/little pond syndrome - he will look like a world beater there because he''s surrounded by such an abject lack of talent.