Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Sky matches

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]Unsurprising. haven''t looked but I''d imagine Leeds, Villa, QPR (Why are they always on?) and Sunderland feature prominently[/quote]Yep, biased as usual.Sunderland 2Leeds 2Villa 2Derby 2Hull 2Bristol C 1Brum 1Bolton 1Boro 1Burton 1Forest 1Sheff Wed 1Sheff Utd 1Bearing in mind that during the period we face Sunderland, Villa, Fulham and QPR - yet NONE of them has been picked, yet matches like Burton vs Birmingham are chosen....

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Bad![/quote]Our first two home leagues have already been moved by a day with one being a stupid o''clock kick off on a Sunday lunchtime because of Sunderland playing on a Thursday thanks to Sky so maybe you wanted even more juggling of the fixtures in the first month or so Broady ?

"Our first two home leagues have already been moved by a day with one being a stupid o''clock kick off on a Sunday lunchtime because of Sunderland playing on a Thursday thanks to Sky so maybe you wanted even more juggling of the fixtures in the first month or so Broady ?"

Well, you can''t please everybody I suppose, but us plastics have every right to be well upset at this infuriating news. Well upset.

Besides, don''t the club get extra income from televised matches?

It''s recognition as well ... are we becoming more insignificant as we possibly head towards Championship mediocrity?

Probably a lot to do with the fact that the percentage of homes with Sky in Norfolk is considerably less than in more densely populated areas of the Country.All about audience figures.

There''s always iFollow on the club website. There is a fee for a subscription but it gives you every game, live streamed.

Seeing as though I''m in Australia its money well spent.

[quote user="lharman7"]There''s always iFollow on the club website. There is a fee for a subscription but it gives you every game, live streamed.

Seeing as though I''m in Australia its money well spent.[/quote]And for anyone outside the UK I think it''s a fantastic option, sadly however if you''re UK based, you can only get audio commentary instead of the live streaming option [:(]This is truly frustrating for those of us in the UK that live quite a distance away, and can''t afford to pay £100 to catch a home game each week, but could manage a one-off payment of this amount to watch live each week instead...(I''ll get ready for the plastic accusations etc).

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="lharman7"]There''s always iFollow on the club website. There is a fee for a subscription but it gives you every game, live streamed.

Seeing as though I''m in Australia its money well spent.[/quote]And for anyone outside the UK I think it''s a fantastic option, sadly however if you''re UK based, you can only get audio commentary instead of the live streaming option [:(]This is truly frustrating for those of us in the UK that live quite a distance away, and can''t afford to pay £100 to catch a home game each week, but could manage a one-off payment of this amount to watch live each week instead...(I''ll get ready for the plastic accusations etc).[/quote]

Even more ridiculous is that Sky think Ireland is part of the UK FFS!!!, I''d Happily pay to Watch live stream of decent quality, but no , apparently , The REPUBLIC of Ireland is not an independent  country. they''ll be inviting us into the Commonwealth Games next, idiots.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]This is truly frustrating for those of us in the UK that live quite a distance away[/quote]At least you''ve got the two Sheffield clubs, Barnsley and Leeds close by so all is not lost Indy. [Y]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Indy_Bones"]This is truly frustrating for those of us in the UK that live quite a distance away[/quote]At least you''ve got the two Sheffield clubs, Barnsley and Leeds close by so all is not lost Indy. [Y][/quote]Agreed Lapps, that really is the silver lining, and being fair, Derby isn''t a million miles away either, nor is Forest for that matter, but then there''s the issue of getting away tickets which isn''t always the easiest either.If someone gave me the option of having all 46 games live streamed in HD for £110, I''d probably bite their arm off, and I think it''s sad that you need to be outside the UK for this to happen though, as clearly the club lose very little revenue with fans who face the financial limitations I do, and at least they''d get something back through this sort of deal, rather than the highly ad-hoc couple of games a season I might be able to attend...

I would happily pay upwards of a tenner per game as long as I knew a decent share would go to the club, that the stream was decent and that I was able to avoid constant buffering and all the shoddy advertisers who break all the acceptable conventions of internet usage, such as clicking the x no longer meaning remove but more an introduction to their dodgy services (they even pull this trick for full screen now.)

Awful media outlet that virtually means you have to be as devious as they are to be able to get some crumbs of a coverage.

I would still require my "fix" of five or six live games a season as long as I can make a week-end of it. Last season''s half dozen only included one at Carrow Road meaning my actual contribution to the club was very limited. Otherwise I have no intention of embarking upon a round journey of six hours or more with all the aggro and expense involved (and miss my round of golf) for ninety minutes of football which may vary in spectacle.

There are far, far more "country" supporters in the UK and abroad than the 26, 000 who regularly attend Carrow Road. Call us "plastics" if you wish, adopt a superior moral ground all you wish, wear your season tickets like some badge of honour all you wish and continue to be-little our opinions whilst continuing to express your own on various England World Cup performances screened from Brazil, but we greatly out number you and most of us would willingly contribute to the club coffers in some way . .... if we could.

We represent a vast revenue stream which has been largely ignored.

With the advent of illegal streaming, kodi and the such this situation is gradually changing. Pay-per-view for non-UK supporters is an inevitable step in this direction whereby ALL will benefit.

The only sad thing about all this is you readily adopting such a high moral stance based upon the attendance at a football ground no more, no less.

My good God.

Unbelievable.

Get a life!

Indy_Bones wrote the following post at 04/07/2017 12:14 AM:

lharman7 wrote:

There''s always iFollow on the club website. There is a fee for a subscription but it gives you every game, live streamed. Seeing as though I''m in Australia its money well spent.

And for anyone outside the UK I think it''s a fantastic option, sadly however if you''re UK based, you can only get audio commentary instead of the live streaming option Sad [:(]

This is truly frustrating for those of us in the UK that live quite a distance away, and can''t afford to pay £100 to catch a home game each week, but could manage a one-off payment of this amount to watch live each week instead...(I''ll get ready for the plastic accusations etc).

Wasn''t aware of that Indy. Thats really unfortunate and something the club should look into. Although they wouldn''t probably do anything as it might lower attendances with UK fans watching from the comforts of home.

Also, im plastic and proud. It''s hard not to be when living abroad. Been here since 92! Whenever i get back home i try catch as many games as possible with most memorably being the last 5 games of the 10/11 season. That Derby game and the away to Portsmouth!

[quote user="paddycanary"]wcorkcanary, are you going to the match in Cobh on Wednesday?[/quote]

Have to negotiate leaving work early tomorrow, as I''m 2 and half hours away from Cobh, should be able though, dya reckon Waveney is coming over for it, he probably set off walking at end of last season. You goin paddy?

The reason SKY are not interested in NCFC is because they can see the club has no ambition and as long as the club finish above ITFC the majority of fans don''t either.

This is the day AVFC announce signing of John Terry and NCFC announce extending Russel Martin contract, it just says it all.

To top all that we are willing to sell our best player (Johnny Howson) to our supposed rivals, beggars belief.

I predict December gatherings outside directors entrance.

There are many people even in Norfolk who can''t get to CR who would pay something to watch decent live coverage. Those who are too old or infirm, those who are home carers who can''t leave their loved one and those who can''t afford the fares and match ticket and probably others too.Those abroad are now to be catered for, apparently, which s great, but until the powers that be recognise they are letting down thousands of football supporters around this country, things won''t change.  Arguments against - will spoil grass roots football, will lessen game attendances are just flannel.  If tickets are reasonable price and good value, those able to go will still go - home or away  - and as for grass roots football - a TV match lasts for less than  two hours in a day, 3-5 on a Saturday, leaving plenty of hours in the day for park matches and local leagues - and if you are a local team supporter as well as an NCFC supporter and you now go to your local team on a Saturday instead of CR, are you going to stop going there because an NCFC match is on TV?  There is good money to be made from making football available to all who are prepared to pay for it. I would happily pay a subscription the price of a season ticket to be able to watch good coverage of my lifelong supported club and there will be many more from all clubs who would do the same, making probably millions of people around the country - probably who resent or have stopped buying Sky - who would be pleased to have the opportunity to follow their club in a way they have been unable to for whatver reason.

[quote user="lharman7"]Wasn''t aware of that Indy. That''s really unfortunate and something the club should look into. Although they wouldn''t probably do anything as it might lower attendances with UK fans watching from the comforts of home.[/quote]You know, I''d really like to see some genuine facts and figures that prove this theory, and what actual diminishment (if any) would genuinely take place if this was introduced.I''m of the opinion that the vast majority of supporters who can afford to attend games (and live a reasonable distance to travel) would still attend just like they normally would, whether or not some fans would cry off this if we had a midweek game in terrible weather is another matter!Then you''ve got fans like yourself, who simply cannot attend by virtue of being outside the UK, in which case the club loses no attendance or money (as you can''t go anyway), but would in fact GAIN revenue from the streaming service, which is exactly why I think it''s been made available.That leaves the UK based exiles and UK fans who for whatever reason can''t attend on a regular basis, and again, I don''t see how attendance or revenue is being particularly affected as their attendances are very much ad-hoc, and can be anywhere from 1-10 games as season (or possibly more depending on circumstances), yet this group is left is a pretty poor middle ground where they can''t really attend regularly, nor can they receive the live streams that non-UK based supporters can [:(]Now if the club, the FA or whoever could provide fair and genuine data to show that introducing the live stream option for UK fans would make a significant difference in attendance and revenue streams, and that this lost income wouldn''t be made up by the service (we also have to consider a potential loss of ''atmosphere''), then there''s a sensible reason why it''s not happening, yet I think there''s scope to follow something similar to the US model, whereby if you''re a certain distance away from the club you can receive the broadcast, but not if you''re anywhere even close to the club itself.Imagine if we set this at 75 miles, that means that if we imagine a curved line going from say Chelmsford, past Stevenage, follow the A1 to Peterborough, then up towards Boston and finally Skegness, then anyone living within those sort of boundaries wouldn''t be able to purchase the live stream option, whereas those outside would have the option. This sort of idea might work, but without any real data to work from, it''s almost impossible to judge the effects on revenue and attendances from this sort of thing.