Sign in to follow this  
Meeky

Football fun day tomorrow ....

at the Rose on Queens Road. after the football. Raffles, quizzes, games etc. All in aid of the air ambulance with Peter Mendham in attendance. Raffle prizes include signed City shirt and a free limo hire.
Come along and help support this fine event!

I use to go in the Rose when Alan who looked like the Lion out of the Wizard of Oz use to run it. He hated customers apart from about 5 of us who used to live there. His usual response to a new customer was What do you want? as if they were imposing on his day not surprising he went bust.

Does anyone else remember him or have a funny stories about him?

[quote]Just bumping this up the board, before it gets lost![/quote]

wow meeky, yet anothing for charity

god bless you meeky, now can you lend worthy some money to buy us a right winger?

[quote]wow meeky, yet anothing for charity god bless you meeky, now can you lend worthy some money to buy us a right winger?[/quote]

hi AJ

ah yes, the meek one is forever charitable, we duly attended the event and it was excellent, though i won a video voucher in the raffle and put it back in for someone else to win and got it in the neck from said charity guru

i don''t want a video voucher so why not?  Both of us took part in a football quiz and got beaten by ONE point by someone from sheringham who we then got into a heated discussion (sort of like on here) about worthy

we had a different view to him and went over many points but ended up shaking hands and agreeing to meet in the Rose again on Tuesday, exactly how it should be!  It was a great night, and richly entertaining, especially by someone who was a little the worse for wear singing worthy out all the way down Queen Street! 

No, i don''t think it was First Wiz in one of his disguises!

Sadly, no Meeky has no answers to the right wing problem!  Maybe we should put his limo on the pitch