Sign in to follow this  
Captain Birdseye

Nick Mashiter

He among the journalists seems the real deal he seems to know what is happening at the club

He is now reporting howson to boro is all but agreed

How is he so accurate compared to the others who report on Norwich?

He seems to have been chosen as the unofficial mouthpiece of the club. All the information he is getting will come straight from Webber.

As a PA writer he will be seen as neutral and is probably friendly with Webber from somewhere, probably his Wolves days as Mashiter is Birmingham based.

The idea jurnos have some mole based in the catering department is fictional, messages come from the media team or management. It is about controlling the press stories, rather than letting rumours run riot.

Nick Mashiter has just tweeted:

''Graham Dorrans deal to Rangers also close while McGovern, Wildschut and Jarvis all remain surplus to requirements''. #ncfc

Little surprise there - I guess he''s just helping Stuart Webber to put them firmly in the shop window?

Looking at that list, it''s a terrific shame Neil was backed so royally.

lappinitup wrote the following post at 2017-07-04 4:42 PM:

Canary Top Hat wrote:

Rob Butler‏Verified account @BobRutler

Selling your best player to a ''promotion rival''...

Best player - really! Yes a good strong combative midfield player, but best player! Not for me, we have far more talent available, and wasn''t Howson part of the failed hierarchy in trying to remain in the prem as well as failing to gain promotion. Better to cash in now than not at all!

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Looking at that list, it''s a terrific shame Neil was backed so royally.[/quote]
Wildschut... Seven f*cking million, just thinking what we could have done with that money makes my boil, how in the hell did that transfer ever get authorised...

Wildschut was £3.5m with another £3.5m in clauses - most tied up with a payment should Norwich get promoted and appearance/goal clauses.

£3.5m was still too much, but that is what happens in January. The £13m for Brady was probably £4m too much for him so swings and roundabouts I guess.

I wish people would stop with the 7m thing for Wilschutt as we all know it''s utter rubbish. As Bethnal says, January prices are inflated and imo it wasn''t that unreasonable given the high fee we got for a disinterested Brady.

I do wonder if we''re being somewhat harsh on Wildschut tbh.Bear in mind that he''s only had around 500 mins of game time since joining us, he''s hardly been given the greatest chance to show what he can do for us, he''d been showing a decent performance level for Wigan beforehand, and in truth he''s looked no worse for us than Naismith did after his big money move here either.Most are simply obsessing over the transfer fee (which BYG has helped clear up), rather than looking at whether or not the player can contribute for us going forwards under Farke.It would appear that Webber has already made his mind up, which does make it somewhat of a moot point, but I do think it''s pretty damn harsh to slam the guy on the back of just 9 apps for us, and only 2 of which were even for a full 90 mins...

I don''t doubt for one minute that people are being hard on Wildschutt - he''s been written off but not been given a chance; the problem is we needed someone who''d hit the ground running, which he didn''t. I think there''s a decent player there and would like to see it but we aren''t short in his area of the pitch.

If Farke can get the best out of Wildschutt then great he stays if not then lets hope he can be moved on, If An gets the PNE job he may want him there and can have McGoven too.

[quote user="tricky974"]If Farke can get the best out of Wildschutt then great he stays if not then lets hope he can be moved on, If An gets the PNE job he may want him there and can have McGoven too.[/quote]

Rudd would be delighted if AN got the job and then McGovern turned up there!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I don''t doubt for one minute that people are being hard on Wildschutt - he''s been written off but not been given a chance; the problem is we needed someone who''d hit the ground running, which he didn''t. I think there''s a decent player there and would like to see it but we aren''t short in his area of the pitch.[/quote]That''s actually somewhat debatable Branston.Whilst we do have a number of players than ''can'' play there, there''s virtually none that call it their main or preferred position.Jarvis is clearly a player the club want to move on, leaving us with only Wildschut and Josh Murphy that really call Left Wing their home.Watkins and Jacob both primarily play right wing (although Jacob can cover it pretty well)Naismith, Wes, Maddison and Pritchard can all theoretically cover there, but certainly in the case of Wes and Maddison they''re much better centrally, and neither Naismith nor Pritchard really look comfortable there either.If we went for the classic ''2 for each position'' approach, you''d have Wildschut and Josh for LW, Jacob and Watkins on the right, With Pritchard and Maddison the long term replacements/competition for Wes at AM.I think if we could move Naismith and Jarvis on, we would do so immediately, and suddenly it doesn''t seem like we''re actually overpopulated.

Derby & Rowett wanted Wildschut in january and now that they''ve just got £8.5m for Ince maybe a move there could be back on the cards.

Howson is good enough for pl and certainly top of championship. Borough will be one of the top favorites to go up and if they are targeting him it says a lot. Sorry to see him go but if his heart is elsewhere what can you do

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Howson is good enough for pl and certainly top of championship.[/quote]That''s why we got relegated twice with him in the side, and on neither occasion did we see any Premier League clubs testing our resolve to sell him afterwards either...And please don''t give me some sort of waffle about us saying he simply wasn''t for sale, this is modern football where money speaks volumes, and if a PL club had genuinely wanted Howson, he''d have been long gone by now - one way or the other.I like Howson and think he''s absolutely one of our better players, but he''s also inconsistent, never seems to lead, or even take a game by the scruff of the neck like you''d expect him to, and yet now he''s likely to be leaving, we''ve got fans making him out to be some sort of Fabregas or Toure level player, and it''s just ridiculous tbh.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Did he really cost 7m? Or anything like 7m?[/quote]hush, dear fellow hushjust because you are not priviliged enough to run your eye over the contract it does not mean others on here haven''t

We got relegated due to a total inability to defend how can howson be blamed. Anyway sad to see him go. Also the guy has been repeatedly played out of position. Borough will be stronger with him and I suspect we will be weaker but time will tell

Yorkshire Canary wrote the following post at 04/07/2017 10:34 PM:

We got relegated due to a total inability to defend how can howson be blamed. Anyway sad to see him go. Also the guy has been repeatedly played out of position. Borough will be stronger with him and I suspect we will be weaker but time will tell

----------------------------------------------------------------------

That has always been the problem with Howson.

What exactly is his best position? And I really mean exactly, remembering the systems we have played.

Much will depend on who we have lined up, and how versatile Wildschutt is. Remember Wes was a winger when he first came here, as was Holt previously (I will not call him a wide player !) Jacob has been used as a right back in the U21''s ( need most likely). Sutton and moved Doherty positions.However I suspect that a great deal of emphasis will now be placed on the style of play and players will need as much the aptitude for that, as the ability. That probably explains why some have been, or will be, moved onThe problem the club has is that next season if we are still in the CHs we will be £30m or so lighter. What we do now to get promoted has to be tempered with that on coming cliff edge.I have always held the view that players do not have to be ''stars'' they just have to play like they are. Which is not necessarily the same thing. Saunders did in 71/72, as did Clough Deby/Forest and Lambert a few seasons back.I suspect there will be a better atmosphere amongst the players and we won''t see so many players dropped for no apparent reason either

Wildschut looked like a Lee Croft to me when he signed, and I don''t feel I got that wrong.

Not to say he doesn''t or wouldn''t have his uses- brilliant straight-line pace and a heavy shot on him thanks to those V12 quadriceps of his, but that''s kind of that for his key attributes. We have a veritable harem of players that can play his position, mostly better too.

I would much preferred that we spent the money on Dijks, and loaned Wildschut.