Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Shaking up the squad

A lot of talk about a lot of our players and transfers can only be good for the shake up we are having and the mentality of the squad.  No one is safe and they must know that - and that should have a positive effect on the way anyone who is left will look on the coming season.  A squad of equals, no one player being any more important than the other should engender good spirit across the squad - as it worked at Huddersfield.  There has been a distinct issue since the Hughton days, when the Lambert squad and way of doing things was altered fundamentally by a different approach and different style of players brought in which saw divisiveness develop across the club.  It hung over into the Adams and Neil era - but it finally looks as if that is being sorted out.  I don''t know if Farke will pursue the squad rotation that Wagner did

at Huddersfield last season - or if Webber had any say on that at his

last club, but if so, that will help keep the squad honest and on their toes, knowing they will all get a fair go during the season. Neil seemed not to have the best approach to the squad - it seemed as if some players were getting the cold shoulder for whatever reason.  In a tight and together squad, there is no room for that - everyone must be pulling in the same direction. I am optmistic about the approach Farke and Webber will have - it should be energising and exciting to watch with plenty of variety of players being used right across the squad. Still some comings and goings to happen, no doubt, but so far it looks very promising.

I hope it will be noticed that we have several very promising young players at the club. Hopefully quite a few of them will be given the chance to show what they can do.

I would imagine that players have already been told how they standThe worst thing at this stage, with a few weeks to go before the start of the season, is not knowing who you will be playing for. I should imagine that player ''problems'' were as much the reason for some leaving as the need to cut the wage bill was. Clearly there was disharmony, reflected in the way certain players were ''froze out'' dropped etc and the defence certainly was not working as one.  We definitely have plenty of youngsters looking to come through. The most I have known at the club.But it all boils down to how well the players are committed and buy into what is happening. Time will tell.

Cautiously optimistic going into this season. Very excited about the style of play Farke will hopefully produce and the way the club have been approaching and implementing the structual changes.

Slight concern about having to offload higher earners (when is too much) but i do fully understand the reasons although it is rather frustrating that we don''t hear of any potential new comers. This is also understood to be a good thing probably ie, other clubs getting the jump on potential signings.

Taking everything into account so far I''d like to point out i believe a lot of supporters may have too high expectations for the coming season. As it stands i reckon anywhere in the top 10 would be great but anywhere above mid table should be classed as good.

Same here, cautious optimism , but a lot of questions going through my mind... Who will leave, ie are we going to be able to hang on to our best players? Are there any replacements lined up...especially in defense! Which style of play can we expect to see? Structural changes...fine...but, will they be for the better?

Answer to this last question seems to be affirmative, but it''s all about results and money in this business!

We are entering unchartered territory with a complete strategic change. I am hopeful it will be a success we will have a good idea by the autumn as to the direction of travel. We have some great youngsters that need to be given their head. Fingers crossed it works. It will be an exciting start to the season

Something needed to change.

At least we as fans can see that things are changing, of course there are those that will see this as a negative but that''s a forum for you, everyone has an opinion and some just for the wind up.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]We are entering unchartered territory with a complete strategic change. I am hopeful it will be a success we will have a good idea by the autumn as to the direction of travel. We have some great youngsters that need to be given their head. Fingers crossed it works. It will be an exciting start to the season[/quote]It''s Norwich City not ruddy StarTrekI cannot see any real strategic change, merely that the chain of command has been clarifiedThe great youngster undoubtely will play when they are ready - but their presence in such numbers suggest that the club has been doing something right, and maybe this ''tightening up of things is no more than part of that.Otherwise it''s still the same ground, the same colours, the same fans and the same game being played ........ football