Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Pointy Finger

I see our club captain has opened his mouth again in a vainglorious attempt to justify his own position in the team.

Trouble is he can never turn words into action by doing all the defensive duties that a defender needs to do.

There have been no offers for his services this summer and never likely to be.

Says it all (without a word being spoken).

You''ve gone and done it now Vince, the RM lovers will have you strung up outside Carrow Road for even thinking such bad thoughts about Captain Indefensible....

Wait for the ''he''s a model pro, looks after himself and is an all round good chap'' statements to come out.

For the record i''m with you, his time should have been up before last season but he seems to survive and has done again, which idiot gave him an extended contract as we''re stuck with him until it runs out!?!

[quote user="Big Vince"]There have been no offers for his services this summer and never likely to be.[/quote]You don''t know that Vinnie, you''re making things up again. [:S]

If there were more like Russ to the £ our club and indeed football in this country in general would be in a better place.

Apart from that zzzzzzzzz.

Well, he was our best CB last season.
Best of a bad bunch admittedly, but the best nevertheless.
I wouldn''t be surprised if Russ is a regular starter next season because despite some so-called experts on here, several managers and coaches spanning several years have all deemed him good enough, including internationally for the most part.

More of the usual horse$hit from Pig Mince again.Funny how Martin has been selected by ALL of our managers, starting with Paul Lambert going all the way up to Irvine as caretaker, and possibly will play under Farke as well.So that will be SEVEN club managers, as well as THREE international managers who''ve all thought he was good enough and were happy to regularly give him playing time.On the other hand, we have you and the complete drivel you spout on a semi-regular basis putting the guy down....PS, as already stated, you have f**k all clue about what offers may or may not have been tabled for the player, and irregardless of this, if the current management team don''t feel he''s up to it or we receive a good offer he''ll move on, but with thanks for being a good servant of the club in the process.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]More of the usual horse$hit from Pig Mince again.Funny how Martin has been selected by ALL of our managers, starting with Paul Lambert going all the way up to Irvine as caretaker, and possibly will play under Farke as well.So that will be SEVEN club managers, as well as THREE international managers who''ve all thought he was good enough and were happy to regularly give him playing time.On the other hand, we have you and the complete drivel you spout on a semi-regular basis putting the guy down....PS, as already stated, you have f**k all clue about what offers may or may not have been tabled for the player, and irregardless of this, if the current management team don''t feel he''s up to it or we receive a good offer he''ll move on, but with thanks for being a good servant of the club in the process.[/quote]Delia makes them (even the international managers because she''s knows stuff about them) pick him, if Chase was still in charge we wouldn''t have this problem, as soon as RM had a good game we would''ve sold him. [:D]

If you count seasons of defensive woe instead of managers and the true picture emerges. He is the constant in the wavers defence that seems bullet proof and for me personifies the issue. How he is still here is frankly beyond me. If he is one of our starting cb next season then I predict our goals against will not be very good

Problem is everyone said he wasn''t good enough the last time we were successfully promoted (via the play offs).
The awkward thing is he was voted in the Team of the Season by his peers, i.e, the people who played against him, that year.

My serious response is that we have seen the best of him and he''s no longer up to the challenge.

I get the whole international manager and previous managers stuff but let''s not live on the past, he''s getting older and we need a transformation at the back and he needs to be removed from it.

Like others he let the side down last season and didn''t lead as a capt should do, had his day move him out and let''s get some new blood in.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]More of the usual horse$hit from Pig Mince again.Funny how Martin has been selected by ALL of our managers, starting with Paul Lambert going all the way up to Irvine as caretaker, and possibly will play under Farke as well.So that will be SEVEN club managers, as well as THREE international managers who''ve all thought he was good enough and were happy to regularly give him playing time.On the other hand, we have you and the complete drivel you spout on a semi-regular basis putting the guy down....PS, as already stated, you have f**k all clue about what offers may or may not have been tabled for the player, and irregardless of this, if the current management team don''t feel he''s up to it or we receive a good offer he''ll move on, but with thanks for being a good servant of the club in the process.[/quote]

If you think he is such a good player then how come we have been conceding shedloads of goals for so many seasons?

He has been the one common factor in all those seasons.

I agree he was a reasonably capable full-back all those years ago under Lambert, but since then he has got worse every season and he is certainly not a centre-back.

You say he has been picked by so many managers, but does that not say something about the quality of the managers in this country and the reason they are being replaced by foreign coaches at a rapid rate?

If Martin plays this season it can only be because Delia picks the team.

There is no way Martin will preserve the boy Farke''s record of conceding less than a goal per game.

Probably did not help him with the problems Ruddy had off field and a goalkeeper whose ability was limited to close range shot stopping.

Opened his mouth again, is this Big Vince''s code for being interviewed?

Can never turn words into action, never, really.

Vainglorious, nope, historic fact and even admits he and the rest of the team underperformed, contrary to being vainglorious but I''m sure that won''t get in the way of Big Vince''s agenda.

No offers for his services, wrong again.

Apart from the above a good post Big Vince.

Dont know about this window but certainly previously Russ has had several opportunities to move on, to so called bigger clubs.

RM is an inherent part of the problem at Ncfc over the last couple of seasons . Anybody who claims to sit in the front of the Barclay and continues to defend his woeful attempts at being a CB , needs to come clean and admit that they watch from the radio . You know who you are .🙄

Russ may be a very nice bloke and has certainly been a good employee however I cannot see Farke playing him at CB if he can bring in more players. I suspect his role will be as reserve right back.

The problems in defence are well documented and RM must take his share of the blame, but in a good team set up, with fully functioning midfielders supporting the defence and a goalkeeper that inspires confidence, he is probably still an important member of the squad, whether at CB or RB. 

All the Managers that have picked him including International know better than me or any other poster

But for me the defence looks weaker when he plays you just know when a ball is played over the top of him into space you are in trouble and we have seen that many times over the last few seasons

But i will leave it to the Experts ( managers ) who know far more than myself

norfolkngood,

To be fair to RM, any CB who has the ball played over the top of them into space would be in trouble, the forward is on the move and facing toward goal, the CB is probably running backward and facing away from goal, hence he needs to turn with the obvious outcome that the forward gets to the ball before the CB, that''s where covering and reading of the game comes in, something some of our defenders are not that good at, playing balls into positions defenders cannot defend are what midfielders are paid to do, we wax lyrical when our guys do it.

For me, RM outperformed the other CB''s last season, which may not be a great endorsement but if Farke is going to play a more possession type game then RM is the man, his distribution is good, hence why he is the go to man and he reads the game well, the best CB we''ve ever had, may be not but one hell of an attitude and I would take another 10 with the same attitude.

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]RM is an inherent part of the problem at Ncfc over the last couple of seasons . Anybody who claims to sit in the front of the Barclay and continues to defend his woeful attempts at being a CB , needs to come clean and admit that they watch from the radio . You know who you are .🙄[/quote]
Lower Barclay, Block C, Row C, Seat 80. Come say hello [:)]

I agree, Russell Martin can no longer perfom the role of club scapegoat effectively and we need fresh blood.Apples

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Russ may be a very nice bloke and has certainly been a good employee however I cannot see Farke playing him at CB if he can bring in more players. I suspect his role will be as reserve right back.[/quote]

If Martin gets selected as a first choice defender next season then we will know that this newfangled structure and first foreign coach is all just a smokescreen to make the club look progressive when in actual fact Delia is still picking who she wants in the team.

Big Vince is going to be watching the boy Farke very closely to see if he is indeed his own man, or a puppet.

Real commitment to the cup competitions is going to be one of the acid tests of this new set up. That will tell if there has been real change at this club, or if it is same old City...............

[quote user="Big Vince"]Big Vince is going to be watching the boy Farke very closely...[/quote]Won''t you actually have to be there to do that Vinnie? [^o)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Big Vince"]Big Vince is going to be watching the boy Farke very closely...[/quote]Won''t you actually have to be there to do that Vinnie? [^o)][/quote]

The boy Farke''s team selections and results in all competitions will tell all.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Big Vince"]Big Vince is going to be watching the boy Farke very closely...[/quote]Won''t you actually have to be there to do that Vinnie? [^o)][/quote]

The boy Farke''s team selections and results in all competitions will tell all.[/quote]Now we''ve determined you don''t actually go to games it brings up another question. Did you used to go when Chase was here?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Big Vince"]Big Vince is going to be watching the boy Farke very closely...[/quote]Won''t you actually have to be there to do that Vinnie? [^o)][/quote]

The boy Farke''s team selections and results in all competitions will tell all.[/quote]Now we''ve determined you don''t actually go to games it brings up another question. Did you used to go when Chase was here?[/quote]

Big Vince does go to games, but not as many as when Mr Chase was here.

The trouble with sitting in the South Stand is that Delia and Wynnie are directly in my sightlines.

[quote user="Big Vince"].....

Big Vince is going to be watching the boy Farke very closely to see if he is indeed his own man, or a puppet....... [/quote]With your track record on finding anything good at all to say about NCFC why not save yourself some time and call him a puppet right now before a ball''s been kicked ?