Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Delia Picks Team - the Exclusive Story

There can be no doubt whatsoever that this new structure and first foreign management team represents no change at all at NCFC. It is all a smokescreen by the owners to convey the impression that things have changed and lessons have been learnt when in practice nothing has changed and no lessons have been learnt.

Why am I saying all this - that award of a new contract to Russell Martin, of course.

It is patently obvious that the owners can do whatever they like and this includes saying which players they would like to see in the squad. All of which means that Messrs Webber and Farke have been overruled by Delia and Wynnie when it comes to the overhaul of the squad and the matchday selection that follows from that.

People on here in the past have scoffed at the suggestion that the manager has a clause in his contract to say that Russell Martin must be selected if it. In the light of this contract award, I now challenge anyone on here to come forward to say that Russell Martin has no special relationship with the owners and gets no preferential treatment from them.

In citing the reasons why the contract was awarded, the club has stated practically every reason except the most important one - can he in all honesty carry out his defensive duties to the standard required in the Championship? The answer has to be no because we saw last season and in previous seasons that he cannot head or clear balls out from the box, he gets caught out by balls through the middle and over the top, he plays suicidal back passes, doesn''t track back, is slow, gets bullied and likes to blame his teammates when he is even more to blame than they are.

How is such a player meant to command the respect of the other players in the team when he obviously cannot lead by example because he is no good? What does this do for team morale? Have Delia and Wynnie not considered that this preferential treatment given to Russell Martin is going to knock the morale of the squad? Other players are going to ask how is it possible that this player of such limited ability can get up to another 3 years at the club? Before Delia and Wynnie go around having their own personal favourites they ought to consider the ramifications throughout the rest of the squad and the possible impact on results.

All of which means that Webber and Farke are dead in the water without a ball being kicked. It is obvious that they are mere puppets carrying out the will of Delia and Wynnie. NCFC will carry on conceding huge numbers of goals and will habitually get knocked out of the cups early doors.

Emperor''s new clothes, same old emperor.

Delia out.

Lol. What a waste of effort Vince. He has a contract because he is a good player first and foremost.  And every defender gets caught out with balls over the top and through the middle, especially if his teammates are not covering back well enough and in my memory he has made only one back pass that could be described as terrible, the one against Liverpool.  It''s been said over and over, all the players take some responsibility for the poor season and a half we have had.  Martin too - but he is not the awful player some of you like to paint.   As for your rubbish about "the owners", well it doesn''t deserve an answer. They are known to let the football people make the decisions.  Best you let them alone to be the stability at the top of the club that every club needs.

Big Vince - what planet are you on, if you think Farke and Webber would agree with this you want locking up by men with white coats. I''ve never read so much rubbish in my life.

[quote user="Big Vince"]I now challenge anyone on here to come forward to say that Russell Martin has no special relationship with the owners and gets no preferential treatment from them.[/quote]
Russell Martin has no special relationship with the owners and gets no preferential treatment from them.
What do I win?

Stale, dull, repetitive and a waste of a few minutes of life.1/10. Must try harder and get new material.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Big Vince - what planet are you on, if you think Farke and Webber would agree with this you want locking up by men with white coats. I''ve never read so much rubbish in my life.[/quote]

I''m on the same planet as Greg Downs for one. He too thinks that Martin plays too far apart from his CB partner and therefore has no positional sense to add to all his other failings.

I doubt if Farke and Webber agree with anything that does not also agree with Delia and Wynnie.

If they just wanted a ''puppet'' why did they bide their time and convince Webber to leave the team he had guided from obscurity to the brink of the Premier League? Surely any puppet would do? Why make such a progressive appointment and restructure?

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="CANARYKING"]Big Vince - what planet are you on, if you think Farke and Webber would agree with this you want locking up by men with white coats. I''ve never read so much rubbish in my life.[/quote]

I''m on the same planet as Greg Downs for one. He too thinks that Martin plays too far apart from his CB partner and therefore has no positional sense to add to all his other failings.

I doubt if Farke and Webber agree with anything that does not also agree with Delia and Wynnie.[/quote]

Why is it you think Martin plays too far from his partner and not the other way round?

[quote user="CANARYKING"][quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="CANARYKING"]Big Vince - what planet are you on, if you think Farke and Webber would agree with this you want locking up by men with white coats. I''ve never read so much rubbish in my life.[/quote]

I doubt if Farke and Webber agree with anything that does not also agree with Delia and Wynnie.[/quote]

Why is it you think Martin plays too far from his partner and not the other way round?[/quote]

Because he is the captain and leads by example (in his case how not to do it.)

[quote user="Liquidator"]If they just wanted a ''puppet'' why did they bide their time and convince Webber to leave the team he had guided from obscurity to the brink of the Premier League? Surely any puppet would do? Why make such a progressive appointment and restructure?[/quote]

Because the smokescreen would not be a smokescreen if they chose any old puppet. They had to bide their time and make everything look progressive in order to pull the wool over everyone''s eyes. But events have proven in the past and will do so again that NCFC is all about and only about Delia and Wynnie.

Can''t believe people are still replying to this garbage. Obvious troll is obvious!

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Can''t believe people are still replying to this garbage. Obvious troll is obvious![/quote]

They do so because there are grains of truth in there.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="Feedthewolf"]Can''t believe people are still replying to this garbage. Obvious troll is obvious![/quote]

They do so because there are grains of truth in there.[/quote]Maybe people would take the grains of truth more seriously if they weren''t punctuated with endless overblown rhetoric, bare-faced lies and self-important third-person posturing.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="Feedthewolf"]Can''t believe people are still replying to this garbage. Obvious troll is obvious![/quote]

They do so because there are grains of truth in there.[/quote]There was silly me thinking it was the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth and not just '' grains of truth ''.

Etty Smith does all the scouting.Tom Smith does all the sponsorship deals.Michael Wynn-Jones decides on the scampi portions.Delia & Michael turned up at the first day of training to give the squad their instructions for the season.

Russell Martin has no special relationship with the owners and gets no preferential treatment from them.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Russell Martin has no special relationship with the owners and gets no preferential treatment from them.[/quote]

And that is why he gets a new contract he doesn''t deserve on the only merit that counts: the merit of his performances on the pitch.

We all know that Delia is a rabid sentimentalist and so if RM says lots of good things about the club (to mask his failings as a player and captain) then auntie Delia will reward RM with lots of lolly.

You would do well not to discount just how important silliness and dumbness are at the top end of the club.

Big Vince wrote the following post at 05/07/2017 10:50 PM:

Old Shuck wrote:

You would do well not to discount just how important silliness and dumbness are at the top end of the club.

Or in your original post hey Vince!

And I''m Spartacus too.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Well Tiny Vin, posting that Delia picks the team is about as silly and dumb as it gets.[/quote]

Well, if Delia gives a contract to a player who don''t deserve to be here, then it doesn''t take much of a leap of faith to see that player on the team sheet every week, otherwise why would you give him a contract in the first place? After all, can NCFC afford a non-playing captain under these ever increasing financial constraints?

Big Vince wrote the following post at 05/07/2017 11:09 PM:

nutty nigel wrote:
Well Tiny Vin, posting that Delia picks the team is about as silly and dumb as it gets.

Well, if Delia gives a contract to a player who don''t deserve to be here, then it doesn''t take much of a leap of faith to see that player on the team sheet every week, otherwise why would you give him a contract in the first place? After all, can NCFC afford a non-playing captain under these ever increasing financial constraints?

Shakes head in disbelief.....

Do you know that in 2010 Delia signed Russ and put it in Spillanes contract that he should never play again. You can tell that''s true because Spillane was clearly the better player. You only have to track their career paths since to see that......

To be fair to Pig Mince she does say in the thread title that it is a "story". She''s good at those aren''t you Miss Piggy.

So Delia hands out the contracts and picks the team ? Why don''t we get rid of Webber and Farke and save even more money ?