Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Where are the defenders ?

Pre season training has started and we''re still no where near having even an adequate defence. left back, at least one central defender if not two, plus a defensive midfielder still needed.

Surely it would benefit to get these in now.

I''ve asked that question many a time over the last couple of years.

i think we can wait until after the weekend then hopefully start seeing the signings rolling

Adam Dury thinks Toffolo might be good enough for LB but i would like to see another brought in at the very least and another CB

Think there will have to be a few outs before we start seeing any significant transfers made.

Everyone so far was either a ''free'' or a loan (apart from Vrancic, but there was quite a battle for him so Norwich had to move quickly).

If the club can offload Dorrans for a decent amount that might help things get moving.

I think they''ve done a good deal of bussiness already and I expect a few signings coming in, but first a few out...

Webber was clear that we needed to sell first... I just hope it isn''t Jacob...

I don''t think any of us need to get hot under the collar just yet. Webber is clearly a man who likes to get his business done as quickly as possible. A scout for Liverpool before being made director of recruitment there, I feel he may have a much better idea than any of us of who is available, who would fit into Farke''s plans and how best to get them.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Pre season training has started and we''re still no where near having even an adequate defence. left back, at least one central defender if not two, plus a defensive midfielder still needed.

Surely it would benefit to get these in now.[/quote]

Every manager under Delia has had to live with a transfer embargo when it comes to defenders. There is no question they are the poor relation certainly compared to midfielders. Delia loves them.

Farke said tonight in the press conference after the game that he is after a CB and LB.Be patient as there are still 30 days before the season starts.

I wouldn''t be surprised if the plan currently is Klose / Martin / ZImmermann / and a young player like Efete or Crowe. I think they would prefer to move Klose''s wages on, and if they do we would see a proven Championship defender for the money, but its a buyers market.

Webber has indicated that we aren''t in a positon to have 4 first-team level centre-halves as we did last year.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]I repeat my question ![/quote]
"Pre season training has started and we''re still no where near having even an adequate defence. left back, at least one central defender if not two, plus a defensive midfielder still needed. 
Surely it would benefit to get these in now. ?"
Er, Harrison Reed says he''s a defensive midfielder. And doesn''t Zimmermann count at all? He looks a capable CB to start on the bench. Two down, two to go? Seems like progress to me.

Indeed TIL, i am sure Farke and Webber know exactly what our club needs, CK just has no patience whatsoever. Get a CB and LB in and we are pretty much set for the season i would imagine.Not sure about the strike force, if we will go with Cam and Olly and Morris as 3rd striker. the 4th position could  be filled with any number of guys here, Watkins, Naisy, etc. While none are bone fide strikers, they along with Pritch, the Murphys, Wes etc can all get their share of goals.All in all, providing Dorrans / Howson are finalised, thats 10 major guys out and 5 in by the 1st week in July, we have not seen this kind of activity for many a season, get 2 or 3 more in the next couple of weeks and then it will be a good time for someone to post a "Where will City finish this coming season?" topic.