If wed only kept Howie..

Leeds "must pay £5m for Jonny Howson"

According to the Mirror (tee-hee...) Leeds "must pay £5m for Jonny Howson"

Is that:

Norwich "that will be £5m"

Dirty Leeds "ther y''go"

Norwich "oh, and another £3m"

Dirty Leeds "ther y''go, more t''money"

Norwich "did we mention there is still 2 years left on his contract? that will be another , that we be another £4m"

Dirty Leeds "y''drive a reet hard bargain"

Norwich "nah just kidding - selling a key player to a league rival would be absolutely ****ing stupid... but you can have Andreu instead"

And if there is a release clause in his contract ?Or maybe the Mirror has access to Howson''s current contract, and the confidential offer made to City buy Leeds

....... or it is just making it up knowing that enough numpties will over excite themselves  about it

Look at it from the other side - would we be happy paying £5m for a 29 year-old when there''s foreign markets to plunder for a lot less outlay? I''m not sure. Whatever, we will obviously get the best fee we can for whoever leaves, despite what some will have us believe.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]worth far more than this we paid more than that for windchump[/quote]any evidence for the supposed offer or the Wildschutt contract ?

Well the media reports at the time were between £5m and £7m either way I would sooner have howson in my team and if we have to lose him surely we can do better than £5m

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Well the media reports at the time were between £5m and £7m either way I would sooner have howson in my team and if we have to lose him surely we can do better than £5m[/quote]

The same media reports that have linked us with umpteen players and umpteen of our players going elsewhereThis stuff is just made up, or guessed atand still the gormless over excite themselves about itAll we know at the moment is that Howson wants away, for what reason can only be guessed atsimilarly where he ends up can only be guessed atand what ever is paid will NOT be knownthough it will still guessed atand believed

what it feels like to you and reality are not good bedfellowsI doubt they are on the same planet, never mind the same bed

Presume this is complete rubbish as Howson is more than a £5 million player anyway. Add to the fact he''s still got a couple years on a contract and Leeds are potentially a direct rival this season and you''d assume we''d want at least £8 million, and even then i''d be a bit disappointed.

Well the media reports at the time were between £5m and £7m

Yorkshire you are correct the figure was 6 million maybe just over i was told at the time but forgot exact figure

that''s not paper talk that''s facts from within club people working on the transfer that day

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Well the media reports at the time were between £5m and £7m

Yorkshire you are correct the figure was 6 million maybe just over i was told at the time but forgot exact figure

that''s not paper talk that''s facts from within club people working on the transfer that day[/quote]people ?reallysat round the table with club official(s) and the player''s agentmy a rse !

[quote user="Boris Day"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Well the media reports at the time were between £5m and £7m either way I would sooner have howson in my team and if we have to lose him surely we can do better than £5m[/quote]

The same media reports that have linked us with umpteen players and umpteen of our players going elsewhereThis stuff is just made up, or guessed atand still the gormless over excite themselves about itAll we know at the moment is that Howson wants away, for what reason can only be guessed atsimilarly where he ends up can only be guessed atand what ever is paid will NOT be knownthough it will still guessed atand believed[/quote]

He doesn''t want away. The club is feeding the line he wants away to soften the fans up for his departure because we appear to want to flog him.

Norfolk is a good reliable source on this board.

I agree there are some on here who profess to be ITK, but turns out to be not the case.

Norfolk has time and time again come up with the goods.

Thanks Greavsy !!

people ?

really

sat round the table with club official(s) and the player''s agent

my a rse !

sat round the table with club official(s) errrrrr my man is one of the people who did this transfer so yes he was there !

I agree Norfolk does seem to get some info, but fid he not get the Farke thing rather badly wrong?

I think Wilschutt was probably a very much lower figure with add ons - I''d heard £4-5mwas the initial figure. But using him as a yardstick is stupid - it was January and we were over keen to push it through. IMO he had not been given the remotest of chances to decide if he''s worth anything like that amount.

Branston i think i said a week before Rosler was here for talks but later heard we are after a german coach from a bundesliga club only one to say that as fact :-)

14/05/2017, 9:13 PM

norfolkngood is not online. Last active: 05/03/2017 11:50:28 norfolkngood

Top 500 Posts

Joined on 25/04/2010

Posts 1,902

Re: Who''d you prefer - Wagner, Monk or Rosler

i think it is between Rosler Wagner and also heard we have a interest German coach who is plying his trade in the Bundesliga i have no idea who he is though !

Anybody know anything about german football and someone who we might be able to attract ?

Ah, fair enough - I guess that wasn''t too far off! Don''t get me wrong, is always good to hear info however good or bad it turns out to be; being remote I have no ''in'' - but do have friends with occasional info about Brentford and Fulham if anyone''s interested...

No problem

i am lucky enough to find out quite a bit

sometimes to easy to guess my source so i have to be careful what i say on here so i pm others

Always good to get your insight, Norfolk - I had heard from more than one source that it was more like £3.5m up front plus £3.5m in add-ons, though. If we really did stick £6m up front then it''s a dreadful piece of business!

6 mil with add ons total costs not all up front sorry did not make the clear

what happened that day was we sold brady at 2pm in afternoon

media black out and burnley did not announce Brady signing until 8 pm

because we did not want wigan driving price up if they knew we had all bradys money and he had already signed for burnley

[quote user="Greavsy"]Norfolk is a good reliable source on this board.

I agree there are some on here who profess to be ITK, but turns out to be not the case.

Norfolk has time and time again come up with the goods.[/quote]Agreed - Norfolk has given good information to us on here despite the stick he gets from some every time he says something! Thanks Norfolk

Surely £6m (perhaps with add-ons for appearances) for Jonny Howson is about right.

He''s getting on slightly, has never set the world on-fire on a consistent basis, never excites the serious interest of Premier League clubs and probably wants a move back to his roots in any case.

The added bonuses for us would be that another of the higher earners is off the books and that another gap will be opened up for our very exciting younger player to fill.

i agree Broadstairs i think if we got 5 million for howson i think with Webber we could invest that wisely

we still need a left back so i would like one bought instead of loaned and then another more mobile younger CM

i also agree howson is a player who does not really own the midfield / or grab games and controls them so for me £5 million is more needed than the player