Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Is the board holding the club back?

[quote user="lharman7"]Jim Smith wrote the following post at 05/07/2017 3:24 PM:

Dropkicks from the south high jacking the forum again!

Your contributions to this thread have been particularly constructive. Why should fans not aspire to more?

It''s a reality check as people are starting to fear for the future of the club. Money is football now and this club will be screwed next year if they don''t get out of a very tough championship next year. Why don''t you give a valid reason as to why Delia should remain at the helm and the club can sell all of its best players at the end of the season just to stay afloat?

You will not get a constructive response as this pathetic attack on our owners doesn''t deserve one. After all you just can''t argue with stupid.[/quote]

Am i right in thinking Delia and Micheal have got all their money back which is has been loaned to the club ?

And in effect we the club is self funding itself ??

the club is worth a lot more or was what they paid for it

if so then yes they are holding it back they could put in some of their wealth as owners

sometimes if you own a company as i do you have to dig into your own pocket to help the company out in hard times

that might be only be worth only 35 million ( guess ) but 5 million would not hurt them they are the owners after all and in later life

i know they have given money in the past but have had that paid back so why not dig deeper in pocket now ?

if anyone could answer those questions ?

sorry if i got anything wrong but thats how i see it

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Am i right in thinking Delia and Micheal have got all their money back which is has been loaned to the club ?

And in effect we the club is self funding itself ??

the club is worth a lot more or was what they paid for it

if so then yes they are holding it back they could put in some of their wealth as owners

sometimes if you own a company as i do you have to dig into your own pocket to help the company out in hard times

that might be only be worth only 35 million ( guess ) but 5 million would not hurt them they are the owners after all and in later life

i know they have given money in the past but have had that paid back so why not dig deeper in pocket now ?

if anyone could answer those questions ?

sorry if i got anything wrong but thats how i see it[/quote]In practice I doubt that figure of £35m. Several years ago it was estimated - including by them - that they had put roughly half of what had been their fortune of about £24m into the club. But only a few million - perhaps less than £3m - was in the form of loans since repaid. The rest went to buy shares.That the club is worth more now is true and not true in terms of Smith and Jones being richer as far as disposable cash is concerned. For starters, although the official price of the ordinary shares was raised to £100 (and seems not since to have been reduced), so that their holding is valued at £33m, there is no guarantee a would-be buyer would pay that. But in any event if they sold even quite a small number of shares they would cease to be the owners, which presumably is not yet in their plans.They could buy some new shares but if the above is vaguely correct then they do not have more than a few million pounds lying around. Not enough to make even a medium-term difference. The club has to be self-sufficient - however that is achieved - on a medium- and long-term basis.

Clearly the club is in disarray and it''s down to the Stowmarket 2

It has been evident for a couple of years now they are passed their prime and need to accept that gracefully and sell up

[quote user="Canary Top Hat"]It has been evident for a couple of years now they are passed their prime and need to accept that gracefully and sell up[/quote]It''s become quite obvious you are past your prime and you need to accept that gracefully - and change your name (again). [+o(][:D]

A lot of strong words have been served up in this thread. In my opinion the bottom line, whether you like it or not , is that the game is about money nowadays! No money? No glory... I find this very very dissapointing, but I have accepted that so long Delia and MWJ are alive, we will not see a long, sustained spell of PL football at CR.

But is this bad or is this not? If we would sell up to some arab who just wants to toy around with the club and doesn''t really have feeling with it, we might end up plunging to our downfall.

I don''t watch champions league anymore , nor am I interested in the results of Chelsea , Manure, Citeh or Arse-senal. It means I care for the club I have supported since I was young, but my interest in football in general is diminishing.

Our board will not sell up, just accept it and learn to live with it.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]There is something akin to a cult surrounding Delia and MWJ Highland. People have been brainwashed.[/quote]

Absolutely, couldn''t agree more.

The OP is top man.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Herman"]Last Of The Summer Whine?[/quote]Unfortunately it won''t be.

[/quote]Aye, I spoke far too soon.[:|]

Yep the current board are holding the club back it''s a closed shop crony saturated boardroom.......Serious outside investment has never been sought and the current ''Owners'' wholly intend keeping a controlling tight grip on their ''it''s our way or nothing'' asset......The appointment and grooming of the future benefactor NepoTominism and the bringing on-board of their Politico likeminded failed Labour Cha-Cha-Chairman Ed Balls - are setting the foundations for a stagnating archaic living in the past football club......Well, let''s see where we are around Christmas in the league......We can''t afford to finish mid-table our money parachute has candled and I fear that if we flounder this season then the future won''t look too bright......I''ll be there still though.....come rain or shine and for better or for worse......Now isn''t the club lucky to have support like me......?

''BAAAAH''