Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Daryl Murphy................

i would have him if he was free and if his wages were 10k a week then i could understand it for a season

BUT Newcastle will want a fee and he will want 20 to 25 k ???? a week so a Big no to which direction we are trying to go with wages

Pretty much ageee norfolk/ he''s certainly a decent enough player at this level, but surely too high a fee and wage for us, particularly given his age. I did have an idea that we might be after more of an aerial threat, which he certainly provides, but I''m not sure he''s ''right''. I couldn''t give a stuff about the binner link.

I don''t care that a player has played for the binners as all players need to start somewhere and need to progress and obviously we are a better club than Ipswich.

But as far as Murphy is concerned i dont think that he is better than Lafferty so why would we want him here, not to mention age and wages.

I would rather we had a different option to what we have the quick nippy striker, i am sure there are players in the lower leagues or abroad that we would be better at spending money on.

I assume this is his agent just putting his name out there as he is surplus to requirements.

How about John Marquis he recently turned down a new contract offer and has been linked with the binners, that would be better and PI55 them off.

I will be amazed if there''s anything in this. It would seriously dent my confidence before a ball is kicked. Do any of you seriously believe it''s a possibility?

This whole Murphy thing has to be a joke; or a fabrication.

Jerome is better and I can''t see us selling him to get Murphy who is older.

If its just back up then miles to expensive. We don''t have money to waste. Enough was wasted last year.

We have Morris and Ashley Seal .

I did read there was interest in Ashley Seal but I believe he is still here.

If we keep Jerome, I don''t think we need to sign any strikers: Oliveira, Jerome, Morris, Naismith & the Murphys could all fulfill that role - guess it depends how mobile Farke wants us to be with our attackers

Jerome out, Murphy in?

I sincerely hope not!

i can see Jerome sold to raise some money

Murphy loaned in his place

I do not want that but can see it happening

[quote user="writeronthestorm"]If we keep Jerome, I don''t think we need to sign any strikers: Oliveira, Jerome, Morris, Naismith & the Murphys could all fulfill that role - guess it depends how mobile Farke wants us to be with our attackers[/quote]

The only striker i''d be interested in signing is a dwight gayle type to compliment Oliveria and Jerome.

But as you say, i''d quite happily go with what we have.

Don''t think he''d bring anything significant to the table and probably offers less overall than Jerome.
No, I don''t think we''re going to be stupid enough to sign him.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I will be amazed if there''s anything in this. It would seriously dent my confidence before a ball is kicked. Do any of you seriously believe it''s a possibility?[/quote]

"Then I look in the forward areas and think maybe one more in that part

of the pitch who is different to what we already have. The most

important thing is to bring the right people, in terms of their

mentality and desire and desperate to get into the Premier League.” Stuart Webberhttp://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/stuart-webber-unveils-norwich-city-s-transfer-blueprint-1-5008445Murphy would be one moreWould he be different ?Hungry to get into the PL ... yesBut it is a hunger to get into the PL, not get us into the PL as whatever he did this season he would not be up to playing in the PL.

[quote user="hogesar"]Don''t think he''d bring anything significant to the table and probably offers less overall than Jerome.[/quote]Agree fully.
[quote]No, I don''t think we''re going to be stupid enough to sign him.[/quote]I certainly hope you''re right Hog.Personally I don''t rate the guy, he represents everything that our current template seems to be against, has had 1 truly good season in the past decade, represents zero value for money with no re-sale and likely relatively high wages, and is ex-Ipswich to boot - just no ffs.

Has done well the last couple of seasons and almost single-handedly dragged Ipswich into the play-offs. Saying that, I can''t see him coming here. He doesn''t fit the Farke philosophy and, as said before, would be a huge outlay for a 34-year-old.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Jerome replacement? You really couldn''t make it up.[/quote]
You probably could[:O]

If he ever signedcwould ruffle a few feathers on here!

Personally I think he''s not what''s required and not worth the money. On a free maybe.

Don''t care about the binner connection. However this is surely not a real option. He is 34 years old for goodness sake. No fee and a low wage would be ok but not at the expence of a younger striker, otherwise keep Jerome.

Proven championship striker who would offer variation (of the battering ram variety). This might no be so crazy as it seems. The player has never relied on pace so maybe age is not so critical and Benitez is no chump and this striker was a key signing for him in his promotion drive.