Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Daryl Murphy................

We had Alan Lee here so why not? I couldn''t really care less if a player has played for the binners, it''s far more important that he''s good enough

I wasn''t keen on Lee when he joined but thought he did a great job when he played, a little like a less-good Holt, always working, always in the oppositions'' faces. We could have done with a bit more of that at that time.

I''m not so sure. He IS different to Oliveira and Cam, neither of whom are the battering ram type target man in the way that he can be. Not unlike Holt actually.

We need to get over the idea that we''re too good for agricultural football. We can aim and prioritise good football, and we can play it and do well playing it, but as this last season has shown, it doesn''t always work and to have the option to play with a Murphy and play ugly at Milwall on a Tuesday night is an option we shouldn''t sniff at.

P.S. Look at Newcastle. They had him and they had Gayle and they had Perez and they had Mitrovic. That is a hell of a set of strikers to have at your disposal in the Championship. They are all different and they all contributed and we''re getting far too full of ourselves if we think we''re too good for Murphy. We''re really not.

34 and will be 35 during the 2017/18 season so Scummy Binner or not that surely is not the direction we are heading under Webber ?

Probably not and tbh I didn''t realise he was that ''old'' - but we don''t want to be turning our noses up and proven Champs players like him if they become available.

I would not welcome him here.

Nothing to do with his scum connection. It would actually be quite funny watching them get all twisted up about it. Mainly wouldn''t welcome him here as he''s absolutely shite.

He is definitely different to Cam and Nelson, but if we do want a big guy battering ram style player we''d presumably turn to Morris, who must be coming to his make-or-break season and is already here.

Is Morris that kind of player? Tbh I''ve not seen enough of him to form an opinion or to identify his playing style?

i doubt we could afford his wages

he will be on a fair wage at Newcastle and we are trimming the squad wage so in reality if we can not afford Ruddy due to wages then Murphy is out of the wage ceiling

if we were to raid toon i would prefer it to be for Grant Hanley; not a player I am over keen on but is proven at this level and given he got no game time in the champs with them will surely be surplus to requirements now they are back in the prem?

although norfolkngoods comments apply equally here, even if i would hope seb/bennetts wages would cover it.

The Twitter account behind the rumour, @Official_T40 is a verified account with over 20,000 followers, while its website gets over four million views a month.

so yeah, guess he''ll be unveiled tomorrow then

Stephen Fry had eight million Twatter followers when he was on the board and look what that did for us.As  i said on the first page back in May, Scummer Murphy will be 35 during this season and he cannot possibly be on the radar of Webber or Farke.

I think you are proably right Til. We are trying to move on the aging players so I doubt we''d get someone of that age.

No, couldn''t give a toss about the scum connection, I just wouldn''t welcome him because he''s 36 and utterly shite

News and talk out of last seems to be suggesting that we are not currently looking at any strikers, I suspect this story is just tabloid trash.

instead of signing players like Murphy i would like to see a youthful player given the chance

people look at players when they go on loan and say well he didn''t score there or in that league etc

well i think it is time for Morris to shine in our team with better player providing chances

you never really find out until they play in our team

i would say look at harry Kane record when on loan to when he played in his own team

not saying morris is as good as kane but time to find out how good he is in our team

We already have two proven goal-getters at this level in Oliveira and Jerome. We also know we''re trying to trim wages, spend low and reduce the averge age of the squad.

If there was ever a player at odds with all of the things above, it would be Darryl Murphy