Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Louis Thompson

After under going surgery in january does anybody know when he is due back. Is he in pre season training.

Have to say I was very impressed with this guy when he came into the team and it was a shame at the time that he couldn''t play a bigger part in the season. Hopefully he''s back in training ready for the the new season.

Sad new indeed, he has age on his side and hopefully will get through this.

Good luck and speedy recovery my man👍

Utterly gutted for the lad, really thought this would be a good season for home under Farke.

Hope he can make a full and speedy recovery, we might need him next season.

Gutted for him. Losing over a year during probably his most important development years.

Awful news for him and NCFC. Might sound controversial but I thought he looked our best midfielder when made the team briefly last year. Hard to come back from such an extended layoff. Hopefully he will be able to.

Gutting, I really liked what i saw from him last season. He could still have a really good career but you can''t help but wonder if he''s gonna be another James Vaughn and because of injuries never get near the potential he had. Such a shame.

It''s a real blow for him, but with the right attitude, it can make him stronger. In a long lay off not only will he will be able to work on other aspects of his fitness to improve flexibility, upper body strength etc, but more importantly he will be able to widen his knowledge of the game, by being close to it, without the pressure of being in the middle of it.  Physically, taking a step back from a sport can be a positive thing - it gives the body a chance to rest - a real rest - something footballers don''t get enough of.  It may be hard to sit on the sidelines and watch, very frustrating - but it''s really up to him - if he has the character and intelligence, he can come back a better player for being out.  Look forward to seeing him emerge as a key player in due course.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]To be fair LDC I think he''d rather be fit and playing rather than doing all the gobbedlygook you mentioned.[/quote]Of course. But you have to deal with the hand your given, not hanker after something you can''t have.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Awful for him. One of the ones I was really looking forward to seeing this season.Suppose it opens the door for Godfrey.[/quote]Hadn''t considered that when I first heard. Terrible news for Louis, but this is a silver lining, at least.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]You mean like Dorrans playing on the left wing? 😁[/quote]
Or Declan Rudd becoming the new Ge Gea. To be fair. he is on his way to Manchester......just stopping off at Preston for a tune up. [:D]

With Dorrans and Howson gone, and Thomson out for the season, that leaves Reed, Tettey and Godfrey as our holding midfielders. I think I''m ok with that.

Question is, can Godfrey play that role adequately?

I''ve not seen enough of him, has anyone else?

@Woodman, Vrancic can also play DM such is his versatility. Could become an outside fan favourite with his corner and free kick delivery too.

Very unfortunate news for young Thompson and devastating for him personally at such an important stage of his development. Hope he keeps the head down, works hard, has a positive attitude, sticks with his physio and makes his mark after Christmas. I had high hopes for him this season.

[quote user="Morgan"]Question is, can Godfrey play that role adequately?

I''ve not seen enough of him, has anyone else?

@Woodman, Vrancic can also play DM such is his versatility. Could become an outside fan favourite with his corner and free kick delivery too.[/quote]

Re Godfrey: I''ve heard he is a CB, RB or DM - hopefully can turn his hand to any/all of them.

Re Vrancic: yes, I''m excited to see him play - in whatever position DF sees fit.

Indeed Godfrey is one to watch in pre-season. He has predominantly been played as a defender in recent years but was originally preferred in midfield so certainly has a reasonable level of versatility.

Vrancic I would expect is the preferred option to play there now if Tettey was unavailable.