Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Average Championship Away Following 2016/17.

Amazed the scum are that high, to be honest - that''s nearly as many as they get at home! A bit surprised we weren''t higher, but then again our away form last season was appalling. Huddersfield higher than I''d have expected, despite their success!

The paupers need to give us the whole stand at the next game at poorman roadit would fill the ground better, give a better atmosphere and give them some much needed money

Do I glean some encouragement for us UK based plastics in these statistics.

At tenth place in the list it seems that our non-plastic critics might not be the devoted super-fans they seem to think they are.

That amounts to a meagre 6% of the average Carrow Road attendance actually travelling a genuine distance to games, whilst us plastics are derided for not doing exactly that.

Admittedly many fans will claim that Norwich is a bit remote with road and rail connections not perfect and that long distances are involved (a fact which distorts the survey''s figures as so many clubs high in the list have lots of local fixtures,) but my retort to that would be a very loud "exactly."

Neither do us exiles benefit from a regular and fairly cheap coach service laid on, and we certainly can''t enjoy a decent drink with distances to drive a fact which amounts to a big negative in the ''match-day experience,'' imo. No jumping into a taxi for us.

I am beginning to think that with my six games a year that involve long distances, which is more than 90% of the Carrow Road faithful embark upon, that I am not only a ''super-plastic'' but also a ''super-fan,'' in the hierarchy of things.

This post is of course somewhat tongue-in-cheek and the label doesn''t really bother me.

However, I do wonder if that Top Hat character on here with his constant taunts and who clearly despises us is one of the travelling 6% or is he one of those who thinks that you need a passport to leave the borders of Norfolk.

The problem with these bald stats is that they don''t consider location/when games are - midweek treks the length of the country for the likes of Newcastle (and us), vs the likes of Villa who are relatively close to lots more sides + there''s a lot of Yorks/Lancs. Bearing all that in mind, you have to be impressed with the Geordie following as they are further away than most.