Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Ruddy to Aston Villa ?

from the Home page Former Norwich City keeper John Ruddy could be on his way to Championship side Aston Villa .

The 30-year-old is available on a free after leaving City at the end of the season.

Ruddy has been linked with moves to Premier Legaue West Ham and the MLS, but told the Daily Mirror that Steve Bruce’s Villa are an option.

“Well, it’s a massive club with a superb infrastructure,” he said.

“Everyone knows Villa should be in the Premier League and I would love to be a part of making that happen.”

Villa are in the market for a new goalkeeper following Sam Johnstone’s return to Manchester United – Bruce was keen to keep Johnstone for another season but faces competition from a host of Premier Legaue and Championship clubs.

Ruddy was one of seven senior players to leave City in May. He had been at Carrow Road for seven years, making 243 appearances.

Ruddy and John Terry these sorts of signings i think villa will have a Better season than last as Bruce starts building his own team

Wasn''t there talk of him going to Canada? Villa would be good for him. Very capable keeper.

Christ... Villa are like our feeder club for keepers. Steer, Bunn now Ruddy. I''m sure there were more...

"Christ... Villa are like our feeder club for keepers. Steer, Bunn now Ruddy. I''m sure there were more..."

John "Budgie" Burrows? .............. Sorry.

So out of our 7 released players how many have got clubs, does anyone know?

Whittaker has gone back to Scotland, Bennet to Wolves (?) and Bassong has signed on for Eaton Park Rangers apparently.

Ruddy, no age at 30 for a ''keeper, was the only release that I firmly disapproved of and of all of them should logically find it easiest to get a new club and decent terms..

Not knowing the financial implications re: contracts I should have thought any value he had in the market would outweigh any pile up of wages that might accumulate should he have been given a new deal but made open for offers.

Farke would have also had his experience to count on in this crucial position which, unfancied McGovern apart, would now seem to lack that vital ingredient as the season approaches.

Double edged view here. Whilst concern has to be expressed about the mantle seemingly placed upon young Gunn there is some high expectation that he will prove to be the superstar he has been billed as.

Matthews must be coming on as well as the situation with him is somewhat similar to that of Gunn''s, except that it is one rung down the ladder.

Did i read somewhere yesterday amongst all the rumours and sources flying around that Wolves have now appeared on the radar for Big John ?

Don''t know about Ruddy but Wolves have just signed Ruben Neves from Porto for £15 million! 😳

[quote user="JF"]Don''t know about Ruddy but Wolves have just signed Ruben Neves from Porto for £15 million! 😳[/quote]

It''s incredible isn''t it? Soon, the Championship will be the place to be... Which maybe just as well 😉

By then we will be established in League One as I can''t see us ever breaking our transfer record again under the current ownership!

[quote user="Baldyboy"]By then we will be established in League One as I can''t see us ever breaking our transfer record again under the current ownership![/quote]They''ve already done it several times Baldy, how many times do you want them to do it?

You really think it''s going to happen in the near future? Maybe for once get off your high horse and be realistic! We are skint is what they are telling us or has even the mighty Slappinitup missed that?

Wahey! One reply and the name calling starts.If balancing the books means we are skint then so be it.Of course we can''t go throwing millions at players at the moment but shrewd signings and a successful season could mean a return to the land of riches so I''ll carry on with my optimism while you carry on worrying about League One.....

I''m not worried about League One, I said we have more chance of going there under the current owners than breaking our transfer record! After all we keep getting told we have no money and if you really think we can get up by spending next to nothing, good for you! Other clubs in this division are spending high amounts on players and what have we spent? 650k, that''s all! In this modern era of football you need to be rich to establish yourselves in the top flight and we have so far failed each time under the current incumbents!

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Other clubs in this division are spending high amounts on players and what have we spent? 650k, that''s all![/quote]We already have several players in the squad that cost several £m each but we all know throwing money at players doesn''t guarantee anything. Derby are a good example of that.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]if you really think we can get up by spending next to nothing, good for you![/quote]Huddersfield would like a word with you...

Huddersfield would like a word with you...

Leicester won the PL, it will never happen again...

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Did i read somewhere yesterday amongst all the rumours and sources flying around that Wolves have now appeared on the radar for Big John ?[/quote]I knew i had read it somewhere but still cannot remember where.