Sign in to follow this  
nick oakley

huckerby on the bench!!!!!!!!!!

i cant for the life of me understand why worthy has started hucks on the bench again against reading, i was always told to start with the strongest available team, that would definately include hucks, in my view, he has scored in the last two games, so his confidence must be high, and we all know what he can do to defences at any time. c,mon worthy we all know you have the highest qualifications, but open your eyes and learn how to be a good tactition.

you hit the nail on the head, good tacitian. reading are a very good side and we need to be good defensively. With huckerby in the side it would expose us and cause us to lose our shape so worthington starts him on the bench, presumably with the intention of bringing him on in the second half to cause problems if needs be.

A good decision from worthington in my opinion

1. McVeigh has been playing well in the role playing just behind the front two

2. I don''t think Hucks has fully recovered from the knock he got against Ipswich

Sounds like he is warming up now anyway, on for Lisbie?

I have to disagree, we looked less threatening with Huckerby on than when McVeigh was linking the midfield and attack. I know what people feel about Huckerby but on many occassions he is more a hinderence than a help. You have to remember that the goal scored by him were because of a poor goalkeeping mistake at Ipswich and a not so brilliant penalty. If we are going to play Huckerby he has to stick to the middle and be direct because more often than not we get stuck in the left corner and lose the momentum of a break because Hucks wants to go past 2 or 3 players. If we are going to win it needs to be quick and simple (doesn''t me long ball) and Huckerby isn''t.

[quote]I have to disagree, we looked less threatening with Huckerby on than when McVeigh was linking the midfield and attack. I know what people feel about Huckerby but on many occassions he is more a hinder...[/quote]

HUx on the right wing and going 4-4-2 took our dominance away from us and so we did look less threatening.  Hux did play well though, particularly when moved to the left.

We cant keep our most consistent and threatening player on the bench, but likewise you dont bring him on for a player performing well.

OTBC