Thought despite a terrible afternoon for everyone this little man was still another level for us.

He was absolutely superb today and anything good that we produced came through him.

When he was substituted he snatched a towel from AN and shook his head repeatedly.

I honestly wonder where we''d be without him these past few seasons.

Now it was pointed out to me last weekend that our Wessi has never won the Barry Butler. A sad and unnacceptable state of affairs that we can and should rectify this season. So there is to be a campaign on here to vote for wes and make a pledge to the Rays Funds presentation pot. Then if he wins we can celebrate with a nice donation to our DS boys and girls. What''s not to like?

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2017-03-05 5:10 AM:

Now it was pointed out to me last weekend that our Wessi has never won the Barry Butler. A sad and unnacceptable state of affairs that we can and should rectify this season. So there is to be a campaign on here to vote for wes and make a pledge to the Rays Funds presentation pot. Then if he wins we can celebrate with a nice donation to our DS boys and girls. What''s not to like?

Oh, I see, we have to vote for POS under your guidance, and not make our own decisions. That would figure. I take it you and Morty will be running the campaign. Next you''ll be proposing Delia for a knighthood. POS he to be won on merit over the playing season, not because you and your chums say he should!

is it your intention to be a bit of a tit in every single thread City 2nd?

morty wrote the following post at 2017-03-05 10:52 AM:

Not as much as you dear boy! You only have to read the posts of others about you to understand who the biggest "tit" is - closely followed by your happy clapper mate who also has 34,000+ posts. It says everything about you both. I think you both need to learn the establish the difference between "support" and "supporter" and "democracy" and "dictatorship". Are you on the Trump payroll by any chance?

[quote user="cman"]Ultimate fool award goes to City 2nd..well done[/quote]He''s going to need a new trophy cabinet at this rate[:D]

Vote for who you want, but I''m all for raising money for charity whilst rewarding a city legend. I think he''s gonna have stiff competition from Pinto and Howson though.

Herman wrote the following post at 2017-03-05 12:03 PM:

cman wrote:

Ultimate fool award goes to City 2nd..well done

He''s going to need a new trophy cabinet at this rateBig Smile [:D]

It''s a hat-trick. Didn''t think it would be long before the scrapings arrived.

Did we actually have a "best player" yesterday?

The club is a joke at the moment. Players, management board etc etc.

The pink un have a "vote for your man of the match" even when we get smashed pmsl pmsl. What a joke.

Joke club and I''m embarrassed to be a season tkt holder at present.

Please Norwich (delia) remove AN,he''s clueless.

He definitely deserves a POTS award and should have had one already. He''ll certainly be getting my vote.

Seems reasonable for a poster on a football messageboard to suggest and lobby for a player to win Pots.

And the reasons for putting forward that particular player make a very convincing argument.

Wessi gets my vote, too.

When the dust settles on Wes'' career, he''ll go down as one of our best ever players. He''s always been unlucky that in his excellent seasons he''s always been pipped by another, be it Grant Holt or BJ.

Even during our most awful seasons, there''s always been a few Wes performances to put a smile on my face.

A lot has said about that attitude of our squad, and whilst not always at his sparkling best, Hoolahan is desperate to play football, get on the ball and getting us attacking. The boy just loves playing football.

[quote user="City 2nd"]morty wrote the following post at 2017-03-05 10:52 AM:

Not as much as you dear boy! You only have to read the posts of others about you to understand who the biggest "tit" is - closely followed by your happy clapper mate who also has 34,000+ posts. It says everything about you both. I think you both need to learn the establish the difference between "support" and "supporter" and "democracy" and "dictatorship". Are you on the Trump payroll by any chance?[/quote]

Image result for oh snap gif

While on the subject of awards perhaps we can award the Manager something to take back to Glasgow

Perhaps the reason he hasn''t won it is because he has never been consistently good enough, over the course of a season?

He was sensational during our League One season, excellent throughout 10/11 and had a very good season in the Premier League in 11/12 and was good again for 14/15. The factors in amongst these was that a certain Mr Holt was also at his talismanic best. The three H''s are the holy trinity for me in the last twenty years. Huckerby, Hoolahan, Holt.

He certainly has. Unfortunately for him as is often the way the goalscorer gets the credit not the guy who created it. And to be fair Holt deserved his awards. That''s not to say Wes hasn''t deserved one either.

I''m not telling anyone who to vote for. You can vote for a goalkeeper who''s not played a single minute and devalue a prestigious award which commemorates one of our greatest ever players if you want. It''s a free country and a free vote.

But I will bang the Wes drum if I want ☺

Well its the fans who vote, and he has never won it in ten years.

I don''t know what else to tell you.

This is a Wes Hoolahan appreciation thread. For someone who alleges that their glass is half full, you''re certainly trying to dampen the mood, Mr cynic.

Not at all, just reporting the facts.

In ten years he hasn''t won player of the season.

Howson goes missing in midfield for approximately 70% of away games.

At least Wes is only 30-40% and half those times are because he wasn''t picked!