Sign in to follow this  
BarclayWazza

An open letter to Delia

Oh and I only got angry once since I began posting all those years ago. It was justified but I regretted it. It won''t happen again.

I''ve said on here before at some stage history becomes irrelevant as people move on.

The last 5 years have been mismanaged and the warning signs are there as to how its going to end.

I predict we''ll be down to 18000 crowds in 3 years.

We''ve discussed this for the past 5 years plus Nutty, you have a very positive view of our owners, I admire that, I''ve said before I''ve had the pleasure of spending a few evenings with Delia during various corporate events she''s lovely, but that said I''m not an admirer of her tenure here.

Bowkett & McNally drove this club forward, no coincidence that our downturn came the moment Bowkett left!

While I agree we owe Delia a debt of gratitude for the past 20 years as you say football has moved on past her ideas! Time to let go and allow the best chance for the club to grow.

We are very much back to 2005 and the Worthy scenario, spiralling downwards due to money constraints.

Just my opinion but I''d have Bowkett back tomorrow and Delia gone from the board if I had my way.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Every thread is for all of us Hoola.

My view is that you can''t pick and choose what parts of the last 20 years have anything to do with the owners.[/quote][Y]

I''m not convinced that what they have delivered in twenty years of ownership, that any of it could be called success? In that time we''ve spent 5 seasons in the premier league, and in 3 of those we got relegated. Not a single cup run of note in that time and a relegation to league 1.

Success has to be measured by what we see on the pitch, and I believe that their record over 20 years is average at best.

[quote user="JF"]I''m not convinced that what they have delivered in twenty years of ownership, that any of it could be called success? In that time we''ve spent 5 seasons in the premier league, and in 3 of those we got relegated. Not a single cup run of note in that time and a relegation to league 1.

Success has to be measured by what we see on the pitch, and I believe that their record over 20 years is average at best.[/quote]Well it certainly hasn''t felt "average". My kids have been going with me now for maybe 10 or 12 years, and I have told them to savour it, because they have been very good times indeed to be a City fan.I guess its down to how full your cup is....

Let''s be honest the last 7 seasons have been superb, prior to that not so great! Just average.

Morty if you think the last 10 to 12 years have been the best what about under Bond and Walker? Much better in my opinion.

But that''s why I have given up on football, without investment those times are gone, that''s not a criticism of Norwich but football in my book, tv, players greed and just bored with the same clubs winning everything with the rest just trying to tread water, it''s boring.

Don''t get me wrong there has been some great times in those 20 years but no real success. Wembley was an amazing experience but only successful if we built upon it, we didn''t and got relegated and here we are now. There has been some great moments but the closest thing to success would be Lambert promotion to the PL and first season staying up, we nearly made a go of it then. As for the cup record in the last 20 years......

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]And looking forward, shes aiming to run the club in line with her outdated opinion of how football should be. Fail to move with the times, you get left behind.[/quote]

Like a certain labour party leader , she is stuck in a 1970s time warp, ban the bomb and fight privatization and all that stuff. And she even appointed a labour party chancellor to BALLs it up with her. Maybe she will bring JC in as her head of strategy during the summer.

I really do wonder why some of you on here even bother watching Norwich City any more.

If it made me as miserable as some of you, I''d have found something else to do with my Saturdays long ago.

[quote user="morty"]I really do wonder why some of you on here even bother watching Norwich City any more.

If it made me as miserable as some of you, I''d have found something else to do with my Saturdays long ago.[/quote]

Thats exactly what I am doing. Better things to spend £500 plus 23+ Saturday afternoons on than this imo. The depressing part is that to those without the happy clappy rose tinted specs, without some fundamental change its clear that its going to get worse before it gets better.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2017-03-05 2:53 AM:

My grandkids have a 100% winning record at Wembley. I had to go three times to see us win.

Clap, clap, clap. And the relevance of that is?!

This club is an absolute joke.

We are nose diving to oblivion. We''ve been on a downward spiral since Lambert left. Bar the Wembley season, it''s been utterly abysmal.

CEO''s in and out, sentimental appointments (from board level to managers), huge amounts of money spent on appalling transfers - the board are completely incompetent and have thrown away the opportunity to establish us as a successful premier league team.

We''ve seen some fantastic footballing people leave, and never bothered to replace them appropriately.

It''s bitterly unfair that this can be allowed to continue. The fans deserve much better. Delia needs to realise her responsibility towards the fans, and release a ''proper'' statement of intent as to where she wants to take this club.

She doesn''t need to do anything and she and her board are already more open than the majority of clubs. Perhaps that is their mistake and all you get for your trouble is a self entitled fan base who ignore the good you have done for the club.

What people forget here is that managers come, managers go, players come and players go, owners come and owners go......the one constant is the fans, most of us support the club through good, bad and indifferent, regardless of which league we are in. The club have failed in their stated goal of promotion, I have no problem with fans making their feelings known about this state of affairs........

[quote user="Jamie Witherspoon"]She doesn''t need to do anything and she and her board are already more open than the majority of clubs. Perhaps that is their mistake and all you get for your trouble is a self entitled fan base who ignore the good you have done for the club.[/quote]

Whats self entitled about wanting your football club to be successful? As Delia said herself, her and MWJ are custodians of the club and in my and evidently many others opinion she''s doing a pretty shoddy job of it while refusing to let anyone else have a go.

While people blindly follow or have just had all sense of caring drained from them, they are free to continue using Norwich as their toy. As soon as the fans turn then we may see this change.