Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

CJ gets it

Same here GJP. Although there''s little point speculating who. What''s needed is a management team that can regroup the squad.

To give AN the opportunity to clear out this squad would be close to football suicide. Too many mutterings about players not liking him etc for me to feel comfortable that his decisions wouldn''t be personal.

Cam Jams radio interview yesterday, where he said all of those comments was the first time in ages I have not got angry listening to someone from the club who tots out the usual "no one works harder than us" bull sh*t. Well done Cameron! I was in full agreement with his comments, as disappointing as it is to actually hear the truth needing to be aired. Some of the personnel he refers to having changed over two years are not just the players, but are also off the pitch , coaching staff, chief execs, directors. There are some big egos at the club, and the manager doesn''t control the egos. Sir Alex Ferguson wouldn''t have let his players away with this shambles, he''d have booted them out of his club.

It doesn''t help when supporters put junk players on a pedestal and make them out to be the dog''s bo**Ickes, when they clearly are not.

Klose wouldn''t get selected for any other Championship side, and is just as gash as the other morons masquerading as central defenders at Norwich City FC.

[quote user="hogesar"]Same here GJP. Although there''s little point speculating who. What''s needed is a management team that can regroup the squad. To give AN the opportunity to clear out this squad would be close to football suicide. Too many mutterings about players not liking him etc for me to feel comfortable that his decisions wouldn''t be personal.[/quote]

Agree Hog , I know football is full of Rumour and ITK nonsense, but the "mutterings" as you put it are far too regular and varied in the sources to not have some truth behind them. The squad is most obviously divided , we have too many players that either don''t care or are so disillusioned they are worthless. I''m not a fan of Lafferty, but someone surely should get hold of him and try and get him to contribute? He is a wasted space on the bench , clearly the whipping boy who, when all options are exhausted, they bring him on. The Newcastle game was an example - bring him on with 10 minutes to go - stick him up front and belt the ball to him - then complain because he didn''t win much in the air!  We also seem to have ended up with Bennett, Bassong two decent CB''s on their day , behind Russell Martin. All over the pitch you see this going on. it''s basic man management. I know Lafferty and Bassong have got history , but the coaches have to get them playing for the cause. We buy Canos, then don''t play him because "unexpectedly" the Murphys are better than we thought?

With a squad of 25 , with so many games to play , and inevitable injuries, you have to manage the players however much of a pain in the @rse they are. Footballers are a notoriously fickle bunch , but its AN''s job to bring out the best of them . The irony is he did seem to when he first arrived - (or was that Gary Holt?)

And I''m going to say it again. Bennett for Murphy is going down as a howler in my book.

Wasn''t Bennett for Murphy also the sub that backfired at Newcastle?

Is Cameron criticising our club? Where''s the Pink ''un forum senior poster stalwarts when a binner needs to be outed? Cameron''s a closet binner and he''s criticising our great club.....Where are you Pink ''un forum club apologist sentinels......CJ needs to be outed.....and outed - right NOW!

Criticism is baaaaaad!.......Harpy clarping is gooooood! FACT!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Is Cameron criticising our club? Where''s the Pink ''un forum senior poster stalwarts when a binner needs to be outed? Cameron''s a closet binner and he''s criticising our great club.....Where are you Pink ''un forum club apologist sentinels......CJ needs to be outed.....and outed - right NOW!

Criticism is baaaaaad!.......Harpy clarping is gooooood! FACT![/quote][:D]

@gjp

Yes that was the same substitution at Newcastle earlier this season. Somewhat different circumstances though.

Ooooh MEorty.......That certainly toad us!

Frogs are short n'' fat and make irritating noises.....Do you think you fall into that same bracket?....."Ribbit!"

@gjp

Yep I totally agree. Newcastle was more egregious though. Although mentioning it on the thread at the time was dismissed as being negative...

The actual point is.....I''m not actually mad......But the fact is, you''re shortish and fattish......Och Aye!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]The actual point is.....I''m not actually mad......But the fact is, you''re shortish and fattish......Och Aye![/quote]Have we ever met then Yello, or are you just blindly following spoon boy?

The Bennett decision obviously didn''t work but the idea was to change the shape and go 3 at the back.

I''d have had more respect if he''d done that when he was initially going to but when we scored he held off.....only to then make it after we conceded another predictable soft goal.

In my opinion bringing Bennett on at any point is reasonably pointless, has he ever made us look more defensively secure? We just continued to concede sloppy goals.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Is Cameron criticising our club? Where''s the Pink ''un forum senior poster stalwarts when a binner needs to be outed? Cameron''s a closet binner and he''s criticising our great club.....Where are you Pink ''un forum club apologist sentinels......CJ needs to be outed.....and outed - right NOW!

Criticism is baaaaaad!.......Harpy clarping is gooooood! FACT![/quote][:D][/quote][Y][:D]

@Hoegsar

This is a problem I''ve had with Neil for a while- he''s reactive rather than proactive. Even if you can see the game going against us he doesn''t change until it is too late- it takes a goal going in to convince him to make a shift.