Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

CJ gets it

Just in case the fantastic two happy clappers who rule this board "don''t get it" , Cameron Jerome gets it, and this is what he said: the first line, speaks volumes............as does the line ''it''s about the here and now''.........do you get it!

“Ultimately we’ve been embarrassing and yet again a lack of everything on the pitch has let us down.

“It’s been a recurring theme. People keep talking about how good… We got out of the division two years ago but it’s different personnel, different mind sets, it’s just totally different to when the manager first came here two years ago.

“We can’t keep referring to that sort of thing. It’s about the here and now, and we’ve not got enough about us as a squad to roll our selves up unfortunately, and we’ve been found out on more than one occasion.

“That’s why our away record is so poor. You’ve got to be honest with yourselves and as players we’re not honest with ourselves. I think we lack respect for our team-mates. We’re not fighting for each other. We lack respect for the coaching staff and all they do for us. We don’t follow the right instructions or orders. It’s like everyone plays for themselves.

👍🏻 it''s amazing how a so called hard manager has allowed it develop into this. Neil is disliked by the squad but more importantly they have no respect for him

Comments like that surely have to seal his fate? If you''ve got a player coming out and saying the players don''t respect the manager and coaches and don''t respect each other how do you bounce back from that?

Wow. If that''s a direct quote its some of the most damning comments from an existing player I can remember. Explains a lot. Expect Cj to be in deep deep doo doo now with our hopeless management team. But no doubt the two the OP refer to will request evidence before any credence is given to his comments.

I must admit while reading that article that if Jerome had posted that on this messageboard , Nutty, Morty , Herman and one or two others would have been screaming Binner just like they do to every poster who has a different opinion to them .

[quote user="Time to go Delia"]I must admit while reading that article that if Jerome had posted that on this messageboard , Nutty, Morty , Herman and one or two others would have been screaming Binner just like they do to every poster who has a different opinion to them . [/quote]You don''t really get it do you??

Sounds like an honest and very sad appraisal of the state we are in, doesn''t appear to be something that current personnel will be turning around, a sad day indeed.

He has said what most of us can see ,they do not play as a team,not helped by constant changes ,won 5-1 v forest then changed the team not good for morale I would not think .

Although , listening to the interview , as opposed to " reading " it and watching C J as he spoke , it could just as easily be construed as an apology for that lack of respect towards the coaching staff .

I want Neil out , have never from day one , not at Wembley , never , had any confidence that he had a clue what to do , which has proved to be the case , but not holding my breath on seeing the back of him anytime soon .

So which players are not at It?

Pinto? I don''t think so.

Dijks?

Jerome?

Martin?

Wes?

Ruddy?

Jacob?

Howson?

Tettey?

Klose?

Naismith?

Can anyone honestly single out any one of those as not trying or as playing for themselves?

Oh , and while we are at it , why did you not go ? Can''t still be the distance can it ?

Want my list ? Klose , f*cking useless.

Martin ,, worse than Klose ,, Howson,, anonymous , again !

Naismith , unable to get out of walking mode most of the time .

Dykes looks like he has had enough , only here until the end of season anyway , why should he care ?

LDC - none of them are at it. Win as a team, lose as a team. We''ve just shipped five goals in the Champ for a second time and been shocking away all season. Sorry, but no one gets a free pass after the dross we''ve had all year.

It has to be one of the most damning indictments I''ve heard direct from a player.

But you can''t say he''s wrong. And he''s been about at enough clubs and managements to know the difference too.

How on earth AN and his coaching staff have turned this lot into what they are now is bordering on incredible. Maybe AN should have taken psychology in football more seriously? That interview when he basically said he has no belief in it didn''t fill me with confidence then and it certainly doesn''t now.

After witnessing 90 minutes of utter dross yesterday, I got back to the car and switched on sports report to hear their reporter summing up our performance as "abject" which absoltely hit the nail on the head.

It also doesn''t strengthen Neil''s case to turn on match of the day and see our former players playing with the kind of quality and confidence he couldn''t get out of them.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 05/03/2017 9:01 AM:

Dijks?
Jerome?
Martin?
Wes?
Ruddy?
Jacob?
Howson?
Tettey?
Klose?
Naismith?

Can anyone honestly single out any one of those as not trying or as playing for themselves?

They were saying exactly the same thing about Leicester two weeks ago.

Nothing different to Russell''s interview at Brighton ... probably why Cam took the short stick this time and faced the journos.

He''s putting the blame solely on the shoulders of some of his team mates who aren''t as passionate and committed as the group that Cam played with two years ago.

He insinuates that the coaches are doing all they can.

Then again, not even Jose could survive when his players took to the field on a similar fashion last year. It doesn''t look good for Alex but he''ll be given the next two windows to throw out the rotten eggs (as Moxey implied he would in January in the scripted interview).

lake district canary wrote the following post at 05/03/2017 9:01 AM:

Dijks?

Jerome?

Martin?

Wes?

Ruddy?

Jacob?

Howson?

Tettey?

Klose?

Naismith?

I''m sure Cams can Lakey.

I think the point is that we are talking fine margins and what we are not gettIng is the full 100% from the players both individually and even less from them as a collective.

The managers job is to get each individual playing at his absolute best and to help individuals improve their game, so the collective team performance improves, aint happening and CJ interview is the evidence.

Only Turner got an automatic extension.

Would also be interesting to know how many of the ''bad eggs'' were bought in by Neil. Jerome certainly seems to suggest they weren''t here when we went up last time.