Sign in to follow this  
Bundy

Let's get it clear on Delia

She didn''t save the club, and in reality if she''d never got involved we''d be in a better position than we are now.Comparisons are made with the likes of Bolton, Portsmouth etc., completely falsely.  Their debts were in the £100s million, very different to the £20-30 million we ever had. The club would have continued whatever.  When we were in league one, the reason that we were able to function was that 25K went through the gates, nothing to do with Delia. It''s what kept the banks off our backs, simple fact of ongoing income.  Without that, we would have been in a different position, Delia or no.  And it''s the attendance which continues to prop her up.She''s got her money back, and some, so nobody think there''s any financial aspect to this anymore.  It''s now down to her toy, it has all the hallmarks of a dictatorship, and it will inevitably end in acrimony.  Like most dictators, backed in to a corner with nothing to lose they take the ship down with them.The problem, as it has always been, is that she knows nothing about football. Clearly not noticing when the manager has lost the players may be a problem, but with such a stellar record of decision making, she knows best, obviously.So many lost opportunities to establish ourselves through basic incompetency, that''s what really aggravates me.Let''s just assume, for those who advocate this, that she did ''save'' the club.  Does that give her the right to do what she likes in perpetuirity?  If not, when does your veneration end?

And, of course, you have evidence to support your claim we''d be better off?

Well, clearly, if you had any intelligence you would realise that evidence of something that hasn''t happened is rather difficult to come by.

The argument was always that it was the Chief Executive who ran that club and made the football decisions instead of the owners. However it is Wynn-Jones & wife who have the final say in appointing the CE. At the moment we have Doomcaster jr as CE.Having football savvy owners would obviously be a superior situation.

What I don''t understand, and I''ve raised on several threads now, is why are so many on here desperate to adjust history and criticise the owners for basically existing?

Yknow, rather than criticising them for something genuine like sticking with Neil

Two questions for those who advocate Delia''s record/current govnership:1. Do you think she has a good record of appointments/firings?2. Do you think that Alex Neil has the support of the players/backroom?I''d like to hear your reasoning if you think the affirmative for either of these.If you think that there is a positive answer for either, you and your like are the biggest problem.

I''ve got it for a long time, given the recent history of NCFC it doesn''t take a genius to predict what''s ongoing. I really can''t commit any more emotional energy to it. I can live without it, sort of.  I''m going to have to.

[quote user="hogesar"]What I don''t understand, and I''ve raised on several threads now, is why are so many on here desperate to adjust history and criticise the owners for basically existing?

Yknow, rather than criticising them for something genuine like sticking with Neil[/quote]I think most have criticised the owners'' poor decisions and general record since taking over. It''s the happy clappers that are the ones flinging mud at anyone with a critical view. Their world has fallen apart and they can''t cope!

Have you considered a flouncy refusal to renew your season ticket Bundy?

Thats pretty fashionable just now.

[quote user="hogesar"]What I don''t understand, and I''ve raised on several threads now, is why are so many on here desperate to adjust history and criticise the owners for basically existing?

Yknow, rather than criticising them for something genuine like sticking with Neil[/quote]

Because whenever someone dares to criticise how she is running the club down, we get "she saved it"

morty wrote the following post at 2017-03-05 3:17 AM:

And, of course, you have evidence to support your claim we''d be better off?

And there we have it. Another mind blowing one liner!

I think you''ll find the phrase you were looking for was "Perfectly relevant point".

Which was borne out by the fact that he didn''t have any evidence.

Hope that helps.

At the end of the day, what really matters is that we can all turn up on a Saturday afternoon and have a bloody good clap. After all is said and done, what else is there to do on a Saturday afternoon? And clapping in this league is far easier than clapping in the PL with all those Sunday matches. I found with the Sunday matches that my hands didn''t have the recovery time needed before work began again Monday morning.

Ok Morty, Let''s forget the past as it''s harder to disprove that evidence.

What if we look closer to home, say last two to three seasons. Can you defend Delia''s record/involvement then.

There''s no doubting the past, and they did then help the club. But more recently they''re involvement and the way the club has been run has been catastrophically disastrous

The problem is though that they actually have a good record compared to the ownership of other clubs. Football attracts a strange bunch of owners, some of whom are absolutely dreadful and some who have good and bad spells (no owners have a universally good run). So set against them I think the current owners have done well on balance.

Also, it is easy to say that change must happen but the question is what comes next. With managers it is different because there are literally thousands of them around the world and nearly all of them would come to Norwich for the job but with owners it is different. There are not a huge pool of people who are in a position to spend millions or hundreds of millions to buy an asset that will, in all probability, lose them money over the course of their ownership.

In the last ten years we have had one approach from someone who was in a position to buy the club and to be honest I think Cullen would be no better than Delia and MWJ have been.

So who is going to come in and buy the club? Who is going to put the millions in that would be required with no realistic prospect of a return on it?

So who is going to come in and buy the club? Who is going to put the millions in that would be required with no realistic prospect of a return on it?

Don''t keep us in suspense! Tell us???

[quote user="JF"]So who is going to come in and buy the club? Who is going to put the millions in that would be required with no realistic prospect of a return on it?

Don''t keep us in suspense! Tell us???[/quote]

This is the point, I don''t think there is anyone. Hence why I don''t see much value in constantly having a pop at the people who have put their own money up. Push for a change of manager but beyond that I don''t think there are any options.

The fundamentals are clear, we are not an attractive investment for people looking to buy a football club. We are relatively isolated in location terms with a low population density, the options to grow ''the brand'' are clearly less than with the clubs we are competing against. We all love our club so see it as the best ever but people coming in cold don''t see it that way.

Who would you recommend?

Darryl Dixon wrote the following post at 05/03/2017 8:30 AM:

JF wrote:

This is the point, I don''t think there is anyone. Hence why I don''t see much value in constantly having a pop at the people who have put their own money up. Push for a change of manager but beyond that I don''t think there are any options.

The fundamentals are clear, we are not an attractive investment for people looking to buy a football club. We are relatively isolated in location terms with a low population density, the options to grow ''the brand'' are clearly less than with the clubs we are competing against. We all love our club so see it as the best ever but people coming in cold don''t see it that way.

Who would you recommend?

If I were the owners of the club I can honestly say that I would be approaching Red Bull. It''s commonly known that they are looking for a club in England and are rumoured to have looked at Leeds, Forest and Swindon. I know that wouldn''t be to everyone''s taste but I doubt many would complain if the pumped enough money in to establish the club in the premier league and redevelop the ground, even if it came with naming rights. That is hand on heart what I would do in their position. This is the world of football now and ownership models like ours will be left behind

[quote user="JF"]Darryl Dixon wrote the following post at 05/03/2017 8:30 AM:

JF wrote:

Who would you recommend?

If I were the owners of the club I can honestly say that I would be approaching Red Bull. It''s commonly known that they are looking for a club in England and are rumoured to have looked at Leeds, Forest and Swindon. I know that wouldn''t be to everyone''s taste but I doubt many would complain if the pumped enough money in to establish the club in the premier league and redevelop the ground, even if it came with naming rights. That is hand on heart what I would do in their position. This is the world of football now and ownership models like ours will be left behind[/quote]

This isn''t a dreadful idea but one point that is always made is that we like the fact Norwich is a community club. If RedBull came in there would be a change of colours and we would be owned by a ''faceless'' corporation. Remeber how we laughed at Cardiff when Tan changed the colours to Red, and when Allam at Hull wanted to hang the name to "the Tigers''? We would be the next Cardiff or Hull.

Would you accept playing in a kit like Leipzig''s or being called the RedBulls and not the Canaries (because that is the point of their takeover)?

I always think it''s fairly ridiculous when folks on here ask ''well who do you replace him with?'' when discussing the manager. It becomes doubly ludicrous when it is about ownership.

I wouldn''t be happy with the change of colour and as it''s unique in English football I doubt they would change that. I would certainly take changing the stadium name or being called RB Norwich or whatever. As I said it wouldn''t be to everyone''s taste but this is where football is going. We either get on board with one of these type of owners or get left behind and see smaller clubs rise above us

[quote user="king canary"]I always think it''s fairly ridiculous when folks on here ask ''well who do you replace him with?'' when discussing the manager. It becomes doubly ludicrous when it is about ownership.[/quote]

Why? In the last 10 years there has been an ever increasing amount of money in football, we have been in league 1, the Champs and the Prem, so have gone from very cheap to very expensive but in that time we have only had one approach for ownership (Cullen). So if we were not attractive when we were in League 1 (our cheapest) or when we were in the Premiership (our most expensive but with big income) then why do you think we will find the right sort of owner now.

I think it is ridiculous to call for the board to go with no idea of what will or might follow.

One approach that has been made common knowledge. We don''t know about anything that hasn''t come out in the media

So as far as we are aware there has only been one approach. Surely any discussion can only be based on that then.

@darryl

It''s ridiculous because most posters on the pinkun don''t have many contacts amongst millionaire investors so have no idea who might be interested in purchasing a football club.

I''m fairly certain most investors don''t make it public that they are looking either.

morty wrote the following post at 05/03/2017 8:59 AM:

What approach was that JF?

Tell us more.

Callum obviously