Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Question for those who believe the club has a proper plan

The likes of Morty and Nutty Nigel keep telling us all how they understand what it is Delia and her cronies are trying to do with the club, well can you explain in simple terms because I along with many others on here haven''t got an idea it would seem so please enlighten us!

[quote user="Baldyboy"]The likes of Morty and Nutty Nigel keep telling us all how they understand what it is Delia and her cronies are trying to do with the club, well can you explain in simple terms because I along with many others on here haven''t got an idea it would seem so please enlighten us![/quote]
Where did I do that? I''ve only posted things that have happened. 
Question for Baldyboy and the other hot air merchants...
Why do you continually pick fights with posters on here instead of making yourselves heard off here?

How do you mean making yourself heard off here?

If anyone boos, folks like you come on here to tell us how bad we are at supporting our clubs...

To be fair, its not exactly picking a fight...

For what its worth, i think the answer is something to with developing a young squad (or along those lines)

However, it seems we buy other teams youngsters and send them out on loan for a few years. This also isn''t just Neil - didnt Adams start off doing this?

Pick fights? Ha ha, that is so rich coming from you! Anybody who goes against the Club because we are unhappy are called everything from binner to mentalist from you and your Delia loving pals! As for me doing something about it what do you propose I do then oh great and powerful one?

[quote user="king canary"]How do you mean making yourself heard off here?

If anyone boos, folks like you come on here to tell us how bad we are at supporting our clubs...[/quote]
Where did I do that Kingo? Or are you talking about Keith Scott?

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Pick fights? Ha ha, that is so rich coming from you! Anybody who goes against the Club because we are unhappy are called everything from binner to mentalist from you and your Delia loving pals! As for me doing something about it what do you propose I do then oh great and powerful one?[/quote]
Where did I do that Baldyboy?

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]To be fair, its not exactly picking a fight...

For what its worth, i think the answer is something to with developing a young squad (or along those lines)

However, it seems we buy other teams youngsters and send them out on loan for a few years. This also isn''t just Neil - didnt Adams start off doing this?[/quote]To be fair I reckon Baldy will just sneer at any reply anyway.Yeah I think you''re along the right lines there, I think there is a plan behind it all, regardless of manager. They are aiming for longevity and stability, both in direction on the field, and sustainability off it. And this summer is the crux of a lot of things, again, regardless of who the manager is, there will be huge changes within the playing staff.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Pick fights? Ha ha, that is so rich coming from you! Anybody who goes against the Club because we are unhappy are called everything from binner to mentalist from you and your Delia loving pals! As for me doing something about it what do you propose I do then oh great and powerful one?[/quote]OMG, this.How very dare NN support his club through thick and thin. Who the hell does he think he is?

The truth is people don''t like the way I support the club so I get threads like this and the comments made within it every little while. It''s water off a duck''s back to me. I''m hardly likely to change the way I am because of all this sort of hot air.

Why would I sneer oh high and Morty one when I asked you the question? Your answer may be correct, fair enough, but it is as equally valid as those who''s opinions you regularly shoot down in flames for not accepting what is going on. There, now tell me how I have sneered at that?

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Why would I sneer oh high and Morty one when I asked you the question? Your answer may be correct, fair enough, but it is as equally valid as those who''s opinions you regularly shoot down in flames for not accepting what is going on. There, now tell me how I have sneered at that?[/quote]I get it. I totally do.Bald people are a bit hard of thinking, because their brains are cold.

To be fair, the subject of this thread was fair & relevant.

The direction of the club & plans for the future affect us all & are worth debate. Whether you like it, dont like it, agree, disagree its an entirely relavent subject.,

Except the whole point of the thread was to allow you to act like a moron, call people out & kill it before it even started...

Not necessarily if those posters have referred to plans etc. The only reason I knew how to answer is because i asked the same question a few weeks back and a poster (Morty i think?) answered with what i put in my original post.

He didn''t exactly call anybody out by referencing names (granted it was obvious where it was heading) but once the bite was got it seemed a green light to lay into those posters

Sorry Rogue you''ve lost me. I''m afraid I can only be responsible for what I post. There is a quote facility if folk aren''t sure.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Not necessarily if those posters have referred to plans etc. The only reason I knew how to answer is because i asked the same question a few weeks back and a poster (Morty i think?) answered with what i put in my original post.

He didn''t exactly call anybody out by referencing names (granted it was obvious where it was heading) but once the bite was got it seemed a green light to lay into those posters[/quote]Nope, lost me too.

nutty nigel wrote: The board started planning for the future long before this result. They cant afford not to have two plans in place. One if we''re promoted and one for another season in the champs.

---

Of course, what those plans entail is anybody''s guess, and the plan for the if we are promoted is well and truly out of that window. Does the Championship plan involve Alex Neil? My gut feeling says yes, so the fans may have to affect that before the end of the season

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]nutty nigel wrote: The board started planning for the future long before this result. They cant afford not to have two plans in place. One if we''re promoted and one for another season in the champs.

---

Of course, what those plans entail is anybody''s guess, and the plan for the if we are promoted is well and truly out of that window. Does the Championship plan involve Alex Neil? My gut feeling says yes, so the fans may have to affect that before the end of the season[/quote]
[quote user="nutty nigel"]You''re on a roll creative midfielder. The board started planning for the future long before this result. They cant afford not to have two plans in place. One if we''re promoted and one for another season in the champs.[/quote]
This is what shareholders are told at every AGM. As posters here have often pointed each of the last seven seasons has had an uncertainty about which league we''d be in until after the January transfer window. 
That may or may not involve Alex Neil. My gut feeling is nothing will be done until the CE position is sorted whether that be a new CE or a new structure.

[quote user="king canary"]So if we need a CE to make a decision like this, then what is the point of the rest of the board?[/quote]

My understanding is there will be no new CEO as such. The role will be divided into two with Stone as Managing Director nailed on and Ricky Martin looking after the football side.

[quote user="king canary"]So if we need a CE to make a decision like this, then what is the point of the rest of the board?[/quote]
My gut feeling, as I said, is that the next decision made will be either a new CE or restructuring to something else. That''s my gut feeling as posted and not what anyone thinks we need. What do you think will happen Kingo?

I don''t know. I''d like us to get in a real Director of Football as that approach can install a wider philosophy and help steer a club through a change of manager with less turmoil.

If I''m honest I can see the Stone/Martin thing mentioned above happening and I''d be highly troubled if it did.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="king canary"]So if we need a CE to make a decision like this, then what is the point of the rest of the board?[/quote]
My gut feeling, as I said, is that the next decision made will be either a new CE or restructuring to something else. That''s my gut feeling as posted and not what anyone thinks we need. What do you think will happen Kingo?
[/quote]To add to nutty''s point and to contradict king canary, if - and I have no idea - we move to a structure with a CEO who deals with the non-football side of the business and what is in effect a director of football (even if that is not their title) working on the playing side then any decision on sacking Neil/his replacement is likely to wait until the new structure is in place. For a very good reason.We are not likely to chose a new manager until the DoF is in position to add their opinion and expertise. And any potential manager would probably want to know who the DoF was and how great their powers would be, to judge whether they thought they could work happily under them.  The only circumstance under which we might make a quick decision would be if we had (possibly by talking to the likes of Hodgson) chosen a new manager and wanted to get them in before another club made an offer.

Just to say that I''m by no means convinced there will be a decision to change the manager. It''s just that my gut feeling is that the other position will be sorted first. Neil may or may not be part of any new structure. I honestly don''t know and have no guess at the moment.

@Purple

I think my major concern is that I believe we need some fresh eyes on the board- someone professional and from outside of this boards circle of friends. If we end up with Stone and Martin in the key positions I''ll fear our owners are regressing into their comfort zone.

[quote user="king canary"]@Purple

I think my major concern is that I believe we need some fresh eyes on the board- someone professional and from outside of this boards circle of friends. If we end up with Stone and Martin in the key positions I''ll fear our owners are regressing into their comfort zone.[/quote]I would go along with much of that, although Ed Balls is no one''s idea of a yes man. If he disagrees with Smith and Jones he will say so. And I imagine the same applies to Foulger. But a new outsider would be welcome.As to Martin, I cannot say because I don''t know. He gets treated here like some talentless idiot who has somehow risen way above his station by means of ingratiating himself. I suspect there is at least an element with some posters of jealousy, given the playground insults that go his way, mixed with the illogical idea that because he never had much of a career as a player he therefore can''t be a good coach.