Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

It is time to get the pitchforks and torches out on Saturday

Nothing will change until the atmosphere at Carrow Road changes. You can bleat all you like on here about the owners and the manager but it counts for nothing. If you want change, then step away from your keyboards and do it in person. Not open letters (oh the bravery), not miserable posts on message boards, not "not renewing my season ticket" as there is a waiting list of people who will replace you and you won''t be missed.

Less hot air, less posturing, and more action.

The problem is, as usual, it''s very easy to be the brave agitator from behind a keyboard.

Even after relegation to league one there were no protests. We all went to the Andrews where punishment was metered out to the club. Then nothing. Not a whimper.

...you obviously werent at the demonstration outside the City stand the day after the Charlton defeat then Nutty?

what appeased people was the fact that the incompetent duo of Doncaster and Mumby quickly exited out of a side door.....and than the equally incompetent Gunn was hastily replaced sooner after.

You dont think that there wouldnt have been protests if all 3 had stayed and we were languishing around mid table in Division 3 halfway through the season?

The day after the Charlton defeat was before the st Andrews shindig. After that nobody cared. We''re you at that meeting?

...you say nobody cared?......its because 2 of the 3 main protaganists in our relegation to div 3 , swiftly removed themselves, which is what most people were calling for anyway. and as I say the 3rd was promptly removed by McNally following the Colchester debacle.

Don''t think protests are necessary.

What''s necessary is simply voicing your opinion on AN inside the stadium. Which I''ll do. It''s up to others if they want to as well.

The fans have long been disconnected from the management and is evident by the replacement of Alex Neils army song..which hasn''t come back.

Who printed the Red cards for Worthington?

Please can this organisation print thousands more for Alex Neil.

Time to put an end to this shambolic manager of ours.

Maybe whoever printed the Worthy Out mugs could also start the production line again. I mean, God help us that one of the currently furious could get off their own ar$es and make a stand.

Nah, let''s just all whine and complain and hope someone else does something about it on our behalf.

#GenerationSnowflake

I think Bristol city will turn us over Tuesday night and he will be gone by Wednesday evening. To stick by him if we were to lose to Bristol would just be ridiculous on every possible level. Even our board would surely part with him if it''s another no show there!?

You should have seen us protesting after the Charlton game. They won''t mess with us anymore. That''ll larrrrrrn em.

I think you talk a good game on here describing what you hope others will do Gee Jay...

[quote user="JF"]I think Bristol city will turn us over Tuesday night and he will be gone by Wednesday evening. To stick by him if we were to lose to Bristol would just be ridiculous on every possible level. Even our board would surely part with him if it''s another no show there!?[/quote]

I dont see why losing at Bristol City is any worse than being 5-1 after an hour in our biggest game of the season.

...and having already lost at Rotherham and Burton since the turn of the year, I wouldnt see this as the "low tide" mark that would force the board into action

[quote user="dibbler"]Who printed the Red cards for Worthington?

Please can this organisation print thousands more for Alex Neil.

Time to put an end to this shambolic manager of ours.[/quote]

Pictures of ''Worthy out'' protests outside Carrow Road after Norwich City lost 4-1 at home to  Burnley in the Championship in 2006. Picture: Archant library

[quote user="nutty nigel"]You should have seen us protesting after the Charlton game. They won''t mess with us anymore. That''ll larrrrrrn em.

I think you talk a good game on here describing what you hope others will do Gee Jay...[/quote]

I''ve spent hours nay days of my life standing on the road outside the city stand calling for chairman / managers heads, charged at by police horses and chased around the river end car park by police dogs etc

Getting a bit old for it now, but will gladly put the time in again if necessary.

Others may think it futile, but fans will ultimately get what they want in the end...

I think Tangie was the last person to get in touch with them when he wanted somebody else to make those Delia stickers.

Is there no one left with any gumption?

20 years, would suggest you assume to know what the protest to be about?

my gripe is the manager at this present moment in time.

THIS season, he has had all the necessary tools and finances to have done a far better than he has regardless of what we may think of the board.

That is the failing I have a gripe with.

We''ll there needs to be a bit of co-ordination otherwise you''ll just and up shouting eachother down with your own agendas.

No gumption. No leadership.

We may need the pitchforks Saturday. I''ve been told by a senior player that Neil is here to stay! Absolutely gobsmacked at the incompetence of this board

[quote user="JF"]We may need the pitchforks Saturday. I''ve been told by a senior player that Neil is here to stay! Absolutely gobsmacked at the incompetence of this board[/quote]

[Y]

Been told the same thing by a member of staff JF, though not a player.

The intention is that he will be over-seeing the rebuilding in the summer. Things can change of course but that is apparently the current intention.

Yes. They see him as the long term manager and it will be players that make way, not him. I can see this getting nasty

This part is only my opinion but I do wonder if what Chris Hughton is doing at Brighton is the driving force behind their backing of Neil. They have seen the fans force Hughton out and now they see their ex manager flying at a rival. By giving Neil their backing he is going to completely revamp this squad in the summer. Let''s hope he is up to the job because it''s clear that he is here to stay no matter what the fans do

I personally wouldn''t trust AN to revamp an entire squad - literally no experience of doing it and too much obvious disconnect between him and the players for him to make logical decisions rather than emotional ones.