Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

It is time to get the pitchforks and torches out on Saturday

BroadstairsR wrote the following post at 05/03/2017 11:54 AM:

How can anybody with half a brain be on the side of Smith and fatso sitting in their special seats like a couple of grinning apes gradually running our club down whilst being in total control?

What has happened to the NCFC I have loved all my life?

To say nothing of the clueless Scottish imp.

It''s just nice to turn up watch a game of football and clap though, isn''t it? And clapping in the football league is far easier than clapping in the premiership with all those weird kick off times. A nice Saturday afternoon clap and plenty of recovery time for your hands before work on Monday morning. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]the 500 or so people turning up at U23 game (free of charge) are a fine representation of the cross section of the fanbase

good lord[/quote]2500 actuallynow why not explain what difference you think your whining will make

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]Perhaps we should just sit silently instead of singing ''on the ball city'' before kick off. Would send a clear message to the BOD. [/quote]Just a normal home game then. If you want to be revolutionary you could always try supporting the team on the pitch, I imagine they''ve forgotten what that sounds like.Alternatively if you don''t like the BOD you could stop buying what they''re selling - that''s the usual, and probably only effective way of sending a message. Buying the product every week and moaning about it afterwards somehow doesn''t quite cut it.

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"][quote user="Capt. Pants"]Perhaps we should just sit silently instead of singing ''on the ball city'' before kick off. Would send a clear message to the BOD. [/quote]Just a normal home game then. If you want to be revolutionary you could always try supporting the team on the pitch, I imagine they''ve forgotten what that sounds like.Alternatively if you don''t like the BOD you could stop buying what they''re selling - that''s the usual, and probably only effective way of sending a message. Buying the product every week and moaning about it afterwards somehow doesn''t quite cut it.[/quote]

so, what would you suggest if you want to buy the product theyre selling, but want it managed by a different manager?

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"][quote user="Capt. Pants"]Perhaps we should just sit silently instead of singing ''on the ball city'' before kick off. Would send a clear message to the BOD. [/quote]Just a normal home game then. If you want to be revolutionary you could always try supporting the team on the pitch, I imagine they''ve forgotten what that sounds like.Alternatively if you don''t like the BOD you could stop buying what they''re selling - that''s the usual, and probably only effective way of sending a message. Buying the product every week and moaning about it afterwards somehow doesn''t quite cut it.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Creative Midfielder"][quote user="Capt. Pants"]Perhaps we should just sit silently instead of singing ''on the ball city'' before kick off. Would send a clear message to the BOD. [/quote]Just a normal home game then. If you want to be revolutionary you could always try supporting the team on the pitch, I imagine they''ve forgotten what that sounds like.Alternatively if you don''t like the BOD you could stop buying what they''re selling - that''s the usual, and probably only effective way of sending a message. Buying the product every week and moaning about it afterwards somehow doesn''t quite cut it.[/quote]

so, what would you suggest if you want to buy the product theyre selling, but want it managed by a different manager?[/quote]It''ll still be the same. There are two ways you can effect change. Either do what the OP says and have a demo, pitchforks, thrown clappers et al or you stop, en masse, giving the club your hard earned. Moaning on a forum or Canary Call will get you absolutely nowhere.

[quote user="Herman"][quote user="Creative Midfielder"][quote user="Capt. Pants"]Perhaps we should just sit silently instead of singing ''on the ball city'' before kick off. Would send a clear message to the BOD. [/quote]Just a normal home game then. If you want to be revolutionary you could always try supporting the team on the pitch, I imagine they''ve forgotten what that sounds like.Alternatively if you don''t like the BOD you could stop buying what they''re selling - that''s the usual, and probably only effective way of sending a message. Buying the product every week and moaning about it afterwards somehow doesn''t quite cut it.[/quote][Y]

[/quote]So will I be able to hear you and Herman sing at the next home game then? Were you there 2nd half Newcastle when the support was pretty fcuking fantastic? I''ve pumped several thousand quid into the club through my season ticket over god knows how many years and feel I have every right to voice a bit of displeasure at this current shambles.

Of course you are entitled. But maybe if you and thousands of others stop regularly pumping in God knows how much cash, to something you''re clearly pissed off with, then the club might start listening a bit better.

[quote user="Herman"]Of course you are entitled. But maybe if you and thousands of others stop regularly pumping in God knows how much cash, to something you''re clearly pissed off with, then the club might start listening a bit better.[/quote]
What happened to all the people who weren''t going to renew?

Again, we''ve reached the stage of the season where the more positive posters, having been wrong, start lashing out at fans who aren''t happy.

[quote user="king canary"]Again, we''ve reached the stage of the season where the more positive posters, having been wrong, start lashing out at fans who aren''t happy.[/quote]
Where''s that Kingo?

"Well I hope you finally find some courage and do all the things you''ve been saying you''re going to do for weeks. Instead of just sitting on those podgy dannys and reinventing yourselves on here."

apparantly because a couple of hundred school kids who got into Carrow Rd for free at their first ever trip to a football match at a U23 game, weren''t calling for the board/managers head........all is well at the club

[quote user="Herman"]Of course you are entitled. But maybe if you and thousands of others stop regularly pumping in God knows how much cash, to something you''re clearly pissed off with, then the club might start listening a bit better.[/quote]Sounds a bit like that shower down the A140 to be honest and look where that left them. No thanks I''ll continue to support "my" club.

The board will sack him as soon as things get really anti AN at Carrow road. They always have done. They''re not particularly brave it''s just the fans haven''t kicked off as much yet. I imagine that will now start to change.

hogesar wrote the following post at 05/03/2017 1:12 PM:

The board will sack him as soon as things get really anti AN at Carrow road. They always have done. They''re not particularly brave it''s just the fans haven''t kicked off as much yet. I imagine that will now start to change.

It shouldn''t take the fans to turn for the board to act and do what''s right. For me what you say is 100% correct and for that reason this board is not fit for purpose

[quote user="king canary"]"Well I hope you finally find some courage and do all the things you''ve been saying you''re going to do for weeks. Instead of just sitting on those podgy dannys and reinventing yourselves on here."[/quote]
So where is that lashing out? I''m entitled to my opinion and that opinion is for all the hot air on here there''s been nothing in the stadium. It may start now. Who knows. But up to now those people have been sitting on their hands exactly what they''ve accused others of. I would say that''s no more lashing out than people who call me a happy clapper every time I post my opinion. Would you?

[quote user="hogesar"]The board will sack him as soon as things get really anti AN at Carrow road. They always have done. They''re not particularly brave it''s just the fans haven''t kicked off as much yet. I imagine that will now start to change.[/quote]

it should ...but ultimatey will be dictated by what happens in the home games

We could win all our remaining home games, and lose the rest of our away games, finish about 10th in the league, and it still wouldnt "kick off" as it would be alien for most fans whilst witnessing a win.

Neil has only got off the hook so far because most people who only watch our home games have by and large seen only good performances this season.

Its away where the damage is being done, but there''s not a loud enough voice from those who are witnessing it for bring about the change.

if the "what the f*cking hell was that" chant which was sung to the players and manager at the end of the Burton game was magnified 20 fold at a home match....it would certainly be heard.

I wonder if some views on Delia would be different if she wasn''t a nice lady, minor celebrity and fan.

Say our owner was just a generic businessman, maybe in the Marcus Evans sense, not a fan, and had overseen the same twenty years.

I''ve not got a definitive answer, but think it opens up a different viewpoint.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]I wonder if some views on Delia would be different if she wasn''t a nice lady, minor celebrity and fan.

Say our owner was just a generic businessman, maybe in the Marcus Evans sense, not a fan, and had overseen the same twenty years.

I''ve not got a definitive answer, but think it opens up a different viewpoint.[/quote]
And our club had behaved in the same way in our community as theirs does in their community. Mine would be different. Very different.

Yes we would never want an owner like that. There is always a risk when changing ownership but there is in every other aspect of football, be it player transfers, managers, and even ticket prices for cup games.

Sometimes maybe a distinction needs to be made between Michael and Delia the people, and Delia and Michael the owners.

My view is that they come across as inherently pleasant people who love Norwich City, but maybe could be more proactive and ambitious owners.

[quote user="hogesar"]The board will sack him as soon as things get really anti AN at Carrow road. They always have done. They''re not particularly brave it''s just the fans haven''t kicked off as much yet. I imagine that will now start to change.[/quote]Agree. When the home fans ramp up the discontent to Worthy/ Hughton levels we''ll see some action from the Board.I doubt we''ll have long to wait.

@Smith must score

Yes but that isn''t how it should be is it? They seem to get personally too attached to managers that results are unimportant until the fans force their hands.