Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

Rowett

Not saying I would choose them either, but I would expect whoever was recruiting to have a reasonable amounts of applicants to choose from.

I would hope they would have more than those I can think of, so to replace the manager would provide choices re age, experience, style, cost, etc.

My opinion is that Rowett would be a marked improvement on Neil and I backed that opinion up with facts that support it at the same time as questioning the wisdom of using win ratio and a year in the Premier as an argument in support of Neil.

Your response appears to be, yeah but win ratio and Premium experience. This implies you disagree with my points on the same issues yet instead of an explanation as to why I might be wrong (hell, it happens), I get something about hat sizes. If I was slightly bolder I''d predict that it had something to do with the scarcity of arguments in Neil''s favour, but I''m not so I wont.

I''m open to being proven wrong; I want what''s best for Norwich and that patently is for Neil to improve and take us forward. I also happen to know he has a delightful young daughter settled at a Norfolk school so the human in me would hate for her to be uprooted because of something that has nowt to do with her. But based on the facts my opinion is that the longer Neil stays, the worse our club is. Is Rowett the answer? I don''t know. Is Neil? I''m as sure as I can be that the answer is no.

[quote user="canarydan23"]My opinion is that Rowett would be a marked improvement on Neil and I backed that opinion up with facts that support it at the same time as questioning the wisdom of using win ratio and a year in the Premier as an argument in support of Neil.

Your response appears to be, yeah but win ratio and Premium experience. This implies you disagree with my points on the same issues yet instead of an explanation as to why I might be wrong (hell, it happens), I get something about hat sizes. If I was slightly bolder I''d predict that it had something to do with the scarcity of arguments in Neil''s favour, but I''m not so I wont.

I''m open to being proven wrong; I want what''s best for Norwich and that patently is for Neil to improve and take us forward. I also happen to know he has a delightful young daughter settled at a Norfolk school so the human in me would hate for her to be uprooted because of something that has nowt to do with her. But based on the facts my opinion is that the longer Neil stays, the worse our club is. Is Rowett the answer? I don''t know. Is Neil? I''m as sure as I can be that the answer is no.[/quote]So "He couldn''t do no worse?"#canarycall.

Does that phrase not come in to every change of manager though?

99% of the time you are not sacking a manager because they are doing well, its because they aren''t doing well enough, so the logic is the new guy could not do any worse?

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Does that phrase not come in to every change of manager though?

99% of the time you are not sacking a manager because they are doing well, its because they aren''t doing well enough, so the logic is the new guy could not do any worse?[/quote]Do you have any degree of certainty that Rowett could get us promoted, and survive in the Premier league?Because that is what I would say the remit of the next manager should be.

Said it before on here, Uwe Rosler is a good candidate IMO.

Laid the foundations for Warburton @ Brentford, wasn''t given a chance at Leeds and has managed to get Fleetwood Town into the automatics in League 1.

@Morty.

No, not at all - but enough people on here will say that there is no certainty when changing a manager.

If that is an essential criteria when changing a manager, we may as well all pack up and go home, because it simply wont happen.

I have some sympathy for Alex, he never hides in the dugout. He stands alone taking the rap for his players (although he created the team).

If the players had the strength of character, appetite for a scrap, work ethic, and passion for the club that he has - we wouldn''t witness the dross we were served up yesterday.

Sadly he assembled this squad of spineless prima donnas.

I would add that I don''t think the person to take us up would be the same person that helped us survive year after year in the Prem.

Lambert for example - yes he got us up and we rode that crest of the wave to finish (comfortably) in the Prem, but the next season would have been a completely different story. We tried to make Hughton that man but his philosophy alienated the fans - I still wonder if we would have stayed up if we had stuck it out a few more games.

Another example is Southampton - back to back promotions under Adkins but they didn''t hesitate to change to Pochettino when given the chance

If being a good manager was showing willing and working hard, Alex Neil would be a world beater, Unfortunately it takes great man management skills, an understanding of football tactics and the ability to improve a team by good communication and coaching. Alex Neil processes none of these skills.

''Sadly he assembled this squad of spineless prima donnas.''

Of yesterdays starting lineup, only 4* were Neil''s signings, the rest were here before he took over, 3 of those 4 were defenders. So is it that his signings are simply not good enough?

*I havent counted Murphy in that 4 for obvious reasons, although Neil can take credit for putting him in the first team

He regularly slags off this players after games! Anyway I agree he no doubt cares and works hard, unfortunately the other skills needed to be a successful manager such as, man management skills, good communication skills, ability to build a team, ability to change a game using tactics and subs, ability to improve players are all sadly missing

Silly me. Appoint a manager certain to get us to the Premier League. Why didn''t I think of that? Morty for CEO.

''''Silly me. Appoint a manager certain to get us to the Premier League. Why didn''t I think of that? Morty for CEO.''''

Thats the spirit canarydan, fight fire with fire, or should that be fight self important facetious one liners with self important facetious one liners. Either way keep up the good work, its the only way to respond to the KIA.

@Rogue Baboon.

I know Neil may not have signed those players but this stems somewhat from the fact he''s signed so many poor players that haven''t improved the team.

I believe he''s signed 14 players on permanent deals since he''s been here. The fact we''re starting with only 4 of those shows up his lack of ability in the transfer market.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Does that phrase not come in to every change of manager though?

99% of the time you are not sacking a manager because they are doing well, its because they aren''t doing well enough, so the logic is the new guy could not do any worse?[/quote]Do you have any degree of certainty that Rowett could get us promoted, and survive in the Premier league?Because that is what I would say the remit of the next manager should be.[/quote]

Genius. Revolutionary stuff there, Morty.

Well plenty on here seem to be touting Rowett without actual consideration of his complete lack of experience.

It''s a sad fact that these things need to be pointed out to the more hard of thinking.

What''s sad is you''ve resorted to belittling others yet again, even when there are those on this thread that have tried to have a reasonable debate with you.

My summary is I agree with those that say get a manager on the up with something to prove rather than a has been. The win ratio comparison in this situation is only relevant if you then compare the squads and resources at the managers disposal. Rowetts - very limited, ANs - significantly more potential and proven to have spent a lot more money.

Rowett has gotten the best out of the squads he''s worked with, forget the fact he''s had to work on shoestring budgets. I want him to come here and get the best out of a (currently) very good squad. AN has continually gotten the worst out of a squad that should be fighting for top 2 in the championship. I couldn''t give a rats what his win % is when I''ve seen most games and been embarrassed all too often.

Lambert had less experience than Rowett when he came to us and ANs record we all know, as impressive as it was with Hamilton and initially with us, he has gone backwards and not learnt from mistakes. I''d much rather the so called inexperience of Rowett to the experience of Colin, Woy or many of the other managers we could potentially attract.

Thank God we have people like Morty around to educate those of us that are more hard of thinking. I bet a lot has been learnt through your 34k + posts. Keep up the good work, squire!

Pi$$ off the pair of you, I have stated my opinion, and the reasons why I think we should be aiming higher that Rowett.

If you can''t read my opinions without feeling belittled, I suggest the issue is yours.

Do you have an opinion on Rowett, or are you just here for an argument with me?

Oh Salford you know he is ALWAYS right, don''t you?

Can have a discussion, as long as you agree with his view!

I have an opinion as have lots of others on this thread and yet you still resorted to petty abuse. Also pointing out to those ''hard of thinking'' came in the same post as your weak argument of Rowett having a ''complete lack of experience''. Lambert had less experience in terms of number of games managed when he joined us than Rowett has now.

Should I pi$$ off again?

You may as well not bother posting if you don''t agree fiery zac.

Sorry, but that''s the way it is on here, if you''ve posted the most, you get to be in charge.

Good init?