Sign in to follow this  
nick oakley

worthy you aint got a clue!!!

just texted my mate ,season ticket holder barclay end,asking how the boyz played. first of all he agrees with me and says you dont leave your best players on the bench{hucks} if he is fit enough to come on in the second half or earlier then he is fit enough to start,but it seems worthy doesn,t know how to accomodate him in the side, i know mcveigh is playing well and deserves to start, i would leave brennan out and start hucks for sure, also my mate added as to why he took off mcveigh instead of brennan , as my title says you aint got a clue bout tactics worthy.all in all the boyz did o.k. no complaints bout the result, only about you know who, maybe its time for a change of personnel at management level!!!

Spot on Barclayendboy, but still cannot understand why Hendo was put in front of Marney. Correct if I''m wrong, but why on earth we put Hendo on when we got Dean Marney in the bench. If Marney isn''t fit to play he shouldn''t make bench. I like that we r trying to bring our own players to the game but everytime I listen game it''s like.. Henderson get the ball and then loses it.. I''m exile here in Finland so I cannot see that many games. Is Henderson that bad?

[quote]Perhaps someone can enlighten me as to why Henderson is preferred ahead of Marney I cannot for the life of me see what he adds to a team apart from the headless chicken impressions.[/quote]

I don''t think Henderson is a right winger. He looked good centrally against Northampton, and also plays through the middle for the Reserves.

Wide right; he is unwilling to take on the full back, is a poor crosser and is a liability defensively.

I don''t think its doing him any favours to bring him on in a pressure situation in an uncomfortable position.

Of course Marney was the better option.

[quote]I don''t think Henderson is a right winger. He looked good centrally against Northampton, and also plays through the middle for the Reserves. Wide right; he is unwilling to take on the full back, is ...[/quote]

re henderson you have got it in one hucktastic

i don''t know why worthy persists with putting him out wide, henderson seems to have been here for centuries but hasn''t been played in his favoured position of striker - he was v sharp when playing in that role as a youth player

it would be a huge task to ask him to play upfront now considering the position we are in, but i think that is the only way we will see how good he can be

but then are you really surprised that he isn''t playing where he is at his best, considering the likes of jonson and helveg last year?

What has worthy got against henderson - constantly played out of position in a foreign space.  The reaction of the crowd can have done nothing for his confidence either.

Either use him as striker or lose him is my opnion of the poor boy.

OTBC