Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

The enigmatic Alex Neil.

Alex Neil must either have been given cast iron certainty his position is in no way under threat or else he is a really strong character.

I listen to his post match comments and he has never sounded like a man under pressure to me. He always interviews, he answers the questions in a calm and measured way and there is no evident sign of strain in his voice or in his words.

Perhaps there is a long term plan and he knows he is part of it but; if anyone is looking for chinks in his armour he isn''t showing it.

And so, I have to ask myself, when he is speaking to members of the Board or his own players does he not then present the same fortitude? It would be hard to imagine he does not.

Be honest, we all remember Worthy ''notmeaning'' his way through interviews and making verbal blunders like aying he didn''t care what the fans thought. Neil doesn''t fall into the same traps and speaks with assurance.

Remember the strain on Neil Adams and Gunn or Grant walking out? No sign of that from Neil who even makes ''Cautious Chris'' look like a bundle of nerves.

But I struggle to juxtapose this strong willed and focused manager with one whose players constantly show no fear or respect for him in their lackadaisical performances.

I can only see the link that his headstrong mindset doesn''t allow him to see his faults. He is the fish that doesn''t know it is wet.

Dont agree, i thought up to the Forest game he was like a dead man walking, his interviews came across like he was almost beaten, After the 1p5wich game he seemed a bit more like his old self again, he does kick every ball in when prowling that technical area!

I''ve been told that he has the boards full backing and will oversee the summer transfer window and the rebuilding of the squad. As it stands he is here for the long term and the board are fully backing him. This has come directly from a player

I''m guessing you''re referring to his demeanor because the words he uses are very poor many times.

He''s no Paul Lambert in the technical area, Duncan but apart from taking an age to make a decision he doesn''t look like a man under pressure.

I can only assume he has been given very firm assurances and if rumours that Moxey didn''t back him are true then the outcome there would have emboldened him even more.

We are a Club run on sentiment for individuals.....again.

I just cannot see any circumstances where Alex Neil will be sacked given what he has survived.