Sign in to follow this  
Time to go Delia

Jerome , who put him up to say Alex needs to stay

Clearly after his interview yesterday Jerome has been ordered out to give the press the crap about the clowns hands being tied and he needs to stay untill the end of the season . Farcical club run by people who should be put out to rest , lucky they have so many Norfolk dumplings who swallow every lie they feed them .

He could have stuck to the usual clichés about letting the fans down and coming back with a vengeance etc. What he said sounded from the heart and sincere. We need a clear out, but I do think the manager is one of those who needs to be moved on. If he can''t manage this squad and their egos, why would it be different the next time we make the PL?

AN will see this season out without a doubt. They''ve missed the boat so nothing to lose by ignoring calls for his head.

If the home form continues there is unlikely to be a Worthy/ Burnley moment in spite of the Playoff prospects receding.

I''m preparing myself for a long stint in this division.

Ricardo,

Although I agree with you that AN will probably see the season out I am a little more optimistic than you about the length of stay in this division.

As long as we can hold on to, and suitably develop, the exceptional young talent we have at the moment, the future could still look bright.

Unfortunately it will mean getting the right replacement for AN to make sure the necessary development takes place and I''m not too sure I am over confident in the people who will be making the appointment making the right one.

I love how everything coming out of Carrow Rd has to be made up spiel in some people''s eyes 😂

Perhaps Cameron, who comes across as a very honest bloke who tells it like he sees it, is actually absolutely spot on and it''s the players that need to take more responsibility for the season thus far... Way too many individual errors this campaign regardless of who''s on the touchline, and I think those errors have more than played their part in the difference between occupying where we are currently and where we could be. Alex Neil is not blameless but there have been many times this season where I''ve thought X player has made a game changing stupid mistake or costly lack of judgement. It is a real shame as deep down I have real belief in the ability that runs through our squad - if it''s to be believed then less blaming others, finger wagging and more support amongst those players could make a really positive difference to working as a complete unit.

Fingers crossed for a response at Bristol City, I just want to see us win as many games as possible now for the rest of the season. No expectations but always hope. OTBC

There was backtracking but some of what he has said is certainly true, if we had less bottle jobs on the pitch the manager would look better.Even at 2 million you''d think it would be cheaper to replace the manager than the old core of the squad though. Unless things get a lot worse in the next 10 games it seems as if this is what they are doing.

I watched the interview and you could see the guy was hurting after that defeat.  He''s a real competitor and put in a solid effort on Saturday unlike much of the team.

I don''t think I heard him say Alex needs to stay though ?  Or did I miss it.  It''s one thing to say that a lot of the players let themselves down, which they did, but that doesn''t mean the manager is blameless.  &given we have a team that has looked disorganized all season, and a lot of the players have repeatedly not looked motivated enough.... and you have to question the management of those players.

To say it was a big game and it got to the players is desperate frankly.  Many of these players were in the victory at Old Trafford... going to Sheffield Wednesday should hardly faze them ( a point Cam made in the interview).

Also looking at the first goal... after Klose''s blooper at Burton, you''d have thought the defensive coaching would have spent some time focusing on situations when a player should take a safety-first approach (and when players should try to keep the ball in play).  Yet on Saturday we had Ruddy play an incredibly high risk ball to try to keep it in play, when he could easily have put it out.  It''s the failure to deal with these basics which has been a big part of our problem this season.

To be fair Bob, there are things that Alex Neil should not be getting blamed for mate. John Ruddy is an experienced senior professional and he should of launched that ball into Row Z, end of. Timm Klose is an international with many years experience, again he should know better and have a better reading within himself mate. Schoolboy errors, and Alex Neil shouldn''t have to be organising U14''s style training sessions to cover such basics, I wouldn''t expect him too either. The players have to start taking responsibility as well, seen way too many points lost this season due to silly errors rather than tactical decisions - those extra points would see us in the Play Offs currently without a doubt mate.

Hmmmm.  not so sure Alex.

We all know that continental defenders have a mindset that they will try to keep possession, so they''re more reluctant to knock it into touch than a British defender would be.  So after that mistake by Klose, why would the manager not make sure the coaching staff spent some time with the defensive players to go over it ?  If you''re getting the basics wrong, you work on the basics.

Part of what made that goal so painful on Saturday was that the ball was played into exactly the same area of the pitch that led to the Klose goal, and Ruddy got there ahead of the attacker, and should have known to play it safe.  When two of your senior defensive players are making that sort of mistake repeatedly, you have got to ask questions about the coaching IMO.

Couldn''t disagree more - what Ruddy did on Saturday was way beyond stupid, to call it a schoolboy error would be insulting to schoolboys.If our senior professionals need coaching on things this basic then its time they hang up their boots - we have a senior group that ''on paper'' were good enough to get us promoted. But in fact it turns out that they no longer have the legs, guts or perhaps just the sheer hunger to do it again, especially since the competition in the Championship seems even stronger than it was two years ago.