Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

How do the players feel about that substitution?

I presume, though could be wrong, that as it wasn''t mathematically impossible the squad were after the playoffs still.

However ANs substitution, which I thought was maybe about changing shape, was actually about us sitting back and heading the ball away to try and settle for a point, when we needed a win at bare minimum to stand even a fighting marginal chance.

Just think that sends the wrong message to the players - the seasons over.

I think the players have been giving the wrong message to AN since the start of the season.

We ain''t fussed! We''ve either been there and done or the younger ones just don''t want it enough. There''s only been one thing missing this season and that''s effort! You can''t teach it, you can''t train for it you have to simply do it and the 11 on the pitch can''t be bothered.

Ridiculous substitution. We needed someone to hold the ball up when it came out of defense. He did the same at Newcastle and we all know what happened there ....

We just can''t defend. Second half was just backs to wall, waiting for the inevitable. Unless we get two or three goals ahead we are never going to look comfortable.

Needs sorting before next season. Two new centre backs as a minimum.

You can enforce it though. Managers can get extra yards out of players. Look at leicester stats since Ranieri left.

hogesar wrote the following post at 08/03/2017 7:39 AM:

You can enforce it though. Managers can get extra yards out of players. Look at leicester stats since Ranieri left.

Exactly so, that''s the most important job of a manager and one in which AN has failed.

Summed up the season really. Holding out for point against a team we can beat.

His post game explanation showed one of the reasons he needs to be sacked. He said the sub was in response to them going two up front and starting to win headers. But they did that at the start of the second half and he only made a change after 83 minutes and after they had scored. This is a regular flaw. Everyone in the ground can see momentum has shifted and it needs changing but he does nothing until it''s too late. Happened also against scum and a Wigan.

He''s a hugely reactive manager. I honestly thought when he joined us he''d be a proactive guy, not afraid to make changes and grab a game by the scruff of the neck. Now he is worse than Hughton for waiting for a goal before changing.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]If I was Pritchard and Maddison I''d be on the phone to my agent trying to get me out of here.[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more, those two should have been given the chance against a very poor side. If we don''t get rid of Neil this will be the problem, players like these see no future here and surely wouldn''t want to play the type of long ball football which we seem to have descended to.

It just struck me as bizarre. Even from AN''s own perspective surely he felt he needed a win to reduce some of the pressure from the home crowd on Saturday? Unless he''s after the sack and the £2 mill compo now!

I''m trying to remember seeing another team change to have 3 CBs on the pitch in a genuine 5-4-1 formation to try to stop conceding a goal ?  I can''t remember ever seeing it anywhere else, at top level anyway.  It''s just shocking.  As we saw at Newcastle, you need an outlet higher up the pitch, otherwise you''re just facing endless attacks and sooner or later one of them is likely to get through.

based on performances this season I would suggest the players are not fussed and were looking forward to their pay and comfortable flight home.

The players aren''t fussed.

I''d argue the only one who does care is AN! week after week he has to come out saying they weren''t good enough, it''s individual mistakes. He doesn''t want to have to do it but what else can he do?

It''s then down to Delia to make the call that AN isn''t the man and she clearly feels it is.

Alex Neil certainly cares more than the likes of Naismith who''s too busy telling the Barclay to stop giving him grief than put a shift in

ZLF,

I think I would be fussed considering if we went up my salary could double. I know they are still on good money anyway but failing to win promotion costs them on average, and I''m guessing, £10 - 15,000 per week.

If they are now not fussed, which they may not be, there must be one h*ll of an underlying issue for them to give up on £500,000 plus per year.

Our poor performances, and all that goes with it, are symptoms of a cause. Treating the symptoms ultimately achieves nothing, the disease still exists. The cause needs to be identified and eradicated before any long term benefits are felt.

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]The players aren''t fussed.

I''d argue the only one who does care is AN! week after week he has to come out saying they weren''t good enough, it''s individual mistakes. He doesn''t want to have to do it but what else can he do?

It''s then down to Delia to make the call that AN isn''t the man and she clearly feels it is.

Alex Neil certainly cares more than the likes of Naismith who''s too busy telling the Barclay to stop giving him grief than put a shift in[/quote]
I agree some aren''t fussed but I don''t buy that they''re not in general. Cam''s and Martin''s interviews at least show a degree of caring.
Individual mistakes can be, in the long term, down to poor management coaching and tactics allowing them to happen. Quite a good piece on ACN about it actually.
Also, I think Naismith always puts in a shift and sitting in the barclay i''ve not seen him tell me to stop giving him grief. Just shows how our opinions on players can differ.

I think it''s a lot more complicated than the players "not being fussed".  Anyone who thinks that should re-watch Jerome''s interview after Saturday.  If you have a trace of empathy, you can see that he was desperately disappointed.

Yeah in his team mates which is what he said. Agree it''s not everyone but if even 2-3 in the starting 11 aren''t up for it we''ve lost the game before we even step out.

The reason I''m so angry is on paper it all looks perfect.

We do have good owners, envied by a lot of other clubs that bring great stability.

The manager is a good young manager that won''t find work hard to come by when this debacle is over.

We have a good enough squad for this league.

So why with 3 good ingredients are we getting served up dog poo?

I''m not sure AN will find work as easy as you think. Well he might do, but it won''t be at this level.

But he''ll walk back to Scotland ego and reputation still intact probably to a Rangers or similar where his stock should inevitably rise and 2 million in his back pocket.

Ranieri''s reputation certainly wouldn''t have been dented neither Mourihno''s but the squad will always be remember as the ones that gave up playing.

I don''t think Jamie Vardy title winner anymore, I think Jamie Vardy selfish hello magazine whore who got a man who''s backside he should be kissing for eternity the sack.

Same can be said for a few of our boys in principle

when it was 1-1 he had to go for it we had to win !

he did not use 2 subs he could of thrown on lafferty and maddison and pushed Bristol back but he did nothing

the play offs have gone we had to win every game and AN did not use 2 subs that MIGHT of changed the game and hung on for a worthless point

The question i would ask if i was on the board did AN do everything in his power to win the game last night and the answer is clearly NO to not use all your subs to change a must win game is a sign he has lost the plot

Somebody pointed out last night, that switching to three at the back actually isn''t necessarily more negative as it lets you push your full backs higher up the pitch, which doesn''t sound all that off the wall to me.

It also gives you more height for attacking set pieces.

What if in training you''d watched CamJam smashing them in for fun all week, being your best performer everyday. And then there''s Lafferty who''s not performing, being lazy and just on the phone to his agent trying to get his move all week.

Why would you put your faith in someone you didn''t believe in you but has to be on the bench incase Cam gets crocked. Why would you take off someone you see work hard for you to replace him with someone who doesn''t?

It''s never black and white.

Mister Chops listen to AN interview not the point he made. He felt we were likely to concede another unless we met aerial challenge.

It is his new plan B which worked so well at Sheffield!

Point is he didnt want to lose as it meant even our pathetic board might feel the need to lose him!

why because i dont care what they do in training its matchday that counts

i have been to colney and seen players with no pressure perform fantasic but matchday are a bag of nerves ,

so old cam jam can do 50 keep me ups and volley it in the top corner at colney as much as he likes but its what happens on a matchday that counts

Also if they can not change a game they should not be on the bench we are a professional club not give him a game sunday league team

You can spin that any way you want though, of course he wouldn''t want to concede again, because Jerome needs about 94 chances to score. But I doubt very much he had in his head that he was settling for a point. I don''t think he is that type of manager.