Sign in to follow this  
Thisisbabyish

The car bomb

You buy a beautiful brand new shinny car mid 2000''s, it''s perfect! Your Rolls Royce let''s say. Everyone''s looking at her, your mates 45 minutes down the road green with envy 😜

It takes you everywhere you want to go up and down the land, looking imaculate with only a little service job here and there, a tinker or two and she''s a dream.

Now roll on 2017 we''re still driving round in our precious, she''s still drive-able, gets us from a to b but she''s over 10 years old and has seen better days.

Suddenly the wheels fall off, literally! So what do you do? Do you throw it on the scrap heap and go out and buy another nice shinny Rolls? That is the ideal scenario but you don''t have Β£300,000 in the bank to just buy a new car, times have changed you don''t have the finances to just blow all your savings. You have extra expenses going out and not as much as you did coming in!

You can''t just click your fingers and make everything shinny and perfect again. Sometimes the wheels just fall off πŸ’šπŸ’›

These days you don''t want or need a rolls Royce.

We don''t need Β£300k

A modern fuel efficient model can be bought and perform the same task ( riding up and down the road with your mates looking at you ) for around Β£30k ,, and have some style.

But , you have to realise that is possible , realise too that times have changed in every respect .

Now, where do I start on a football club ? πŸ™„

Still does the job but everyone''s got one and when you need to put your foot down you''ve still only got a 2litre diesel when you''re used to a 6litre V8.

Whatever the make, model and cost, it sure as h*ll doesn''t have a sat nav as it has no idea where it is going, although it does have a top notch reverse gear!

I''m convinced. I''m off to buy myself a SHINNY new car. Just got to work out first what the hell it is !

Woodman wrote the following post at 08/03/2017 10:05 AM:

Seems to stall quite regularly too...

Breaks down too often on long journeys.

Haha ok so I''m a little dyslexic chuckle chuckle Rofl! Us and gingers are still fair game fill your boots.

Webbo it should have read shiny! Shiny new car just to clear that up for the perfectionist 😊