Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Time for the board to speak?

If the board are going to stick with Neil next season, then surely the board have to come out and say so?

If not this anger is going to build with each passing game, leading to a toxic atmosphere. With no promotion or relegation this season the rebuilding needs to start now. If Neil is part of that rebuilding the fans should be told

We may not like it, but at least we would know

Pretty sure they drew their line in the sand early on!

Like everyone I''m gutted about our down turn but can''t see that sacking AN is going to be the quick fix, sadly I think we are in for a few years of this roller coaster. And sadly we''re on the way down.

Still think AN will be a success at a top club, just hasn''t worked out recently.

Any manager that we would really need and require to transfer this bunch of has beens isn''t going to want to touch us with a barge pole and we will get someone trying to cut his teeth. Either way it''s a gamble.

I saw this plea on twitter last night. Any statement either simply stating he stays or giving a full explanation of why will be unsatisfactory - why give ourselves pain at demanding a statement we wont like? I have never understood masochism.

In the end the choice of change is one of opinion only and the boards is different to those, like mine, who feel it is needed.

However its not hard to make a case for their choice; an aging squad with expiring contracts that are more expensive than next years income (let alone the year afters without a pound parachute payment) and, where capability has deteriorated faster than most would have anticipated and whose drive and committment have shunk faster than exposed bollocks facing an antarctic gale.

With such an large squad turnaround its clear that the board feel AN is able of creating a successful squad on a tiny budget, and better than the alternatives they have on their shortlist. If he has also identified this early and flagged issues privately (attitude, complacency, hands tied by existing contracts, divisive elements in the squad, player departures not happening as hoped etc) that he can not share publicly that may explain the boards ongoing support.

I dont know this is the case - it is a hypothesis only and there are others as equally unpalatable that would "justify" their stance that will inflame the pitchforks of those who want accept "their" opinion.

ZLF 👏🏻

We get to watch 90/180 mins a week if we are lucky. Delia and Michael are living this 24/7 for 20 years. It''s their bread and butter it''s our Saturday past time.

I''m a business owner, I''m sure there must be others here. How many sleepless nights have you had before a big meeting or times you''ve worried yourself sick over something out of your control?Had to look people/friends/colleagues in the eye and sack them?

It''s tough! Running your own business is hard work. If some punk who walks into my shop for 90 mins a week thinks he knows how to run my business better than I do is a deluded little twerp.

I also run my own business. If someone suggests that I am not performing to the best of my ability , or not to the satisfaction of my clients , then I try to listen and effect change .

So should the board , look at the past record over the not inconsiderable last two years , pretty dismal .

Time for change , sack the clown of a manager and get a new one who might just know what he is doing and how to MANAGE!

Ffs ,,, good job I don''t need to shop at your place .

@Thisisbabyish

So if your performance dows not meet customers expectations, they are deluded twerps?

Because eventually, customers will stop coming as the service is not what they are paying for, then your business starts to fail

The only difference is customers do not provide football clubs with their main source of income - that is now down to TV money. In the Championship, TV money will not cover our outgoings

Certainly football is a tough business which requires tough decisions to be made and I wouldn''t envy anyone having to make them. One thing though I''m sure I would not be referring to my customers as deluded little twerps and dismissing their views if I owned a business.

If you can''t stand the heat........

So if you''re not my main source of income either I certainly wouldn''t listen to you. I could run it into the ground and burn it if I wanted! Just a thought 😜

This is my point we aren''t customers, our money means nothing to the club. It''s like you popping your head through my door and shouting your rubbish boo change your shop after buying penny sweets.

Laughable!

It''s my money and tv money being piled in year after year keeping the doors open

Football is not a business it''s a passion and unless you''re going to stump up the 100m Delia wants to move on, let her run it her way as she''s entitled to and support your team.

You have no say off the field.

If I really felt that Babyish I wouldn''t have invested my emotional commitment and hard earned for the last four decades and would stop going.

I''ll still be there in years to come and will still voice my opinion when I think the custodian of our club gets things wrong.

You have no more right to say how supporters should behave than I do ........

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]Football is not a business it''s a passion and unless you''re going to stump up the 100m Delia wants to move on, let her run it her way as she''s entitled to and support your team.

You have no say off the field.[/quote]?

Her team or your team ? Which is it? I would suggest football teams are "owned" by their supporters at the end of the day despite egotistical board members. To suggest one should continue to support her team on a self destruct path is ludicrous.

My team to support her business to do as she pleases that''s the fact.

Sometimes you have to lie in the bed you''ve made, she can''t afford to sack him and can''t afford anyone she believes will do a better job.

No amount of screaming or keyboard warrioring is going to change that, start looking down the back of the sofa if you really want to make a difference.

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]ZLF 👏🏻

We get to watch 90/180 mins a week if we are lucky. Delia and Michael are living this 24/7 for 20 years. It''s their bread and butter it''s our Saturday past time.

I''m a business owner, I''m sure there must be others here. How many sleepless nights have you had before a big meeting or times you''ve worried yourself sick over something out of your control?Had to look people/friends/colleagues in the eye and sack them?

It''s tough! Running your own business is hard work. If some punk who walks into my shop for 90 mins a week thinks he knows how to run my business better than I do is a deluded little twerp.[/quote]

Patronising, ignorant twaddle!

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]Football is not a business it''s a passion and unless you''re going to stump up the 100m Delia wants to move on, let her run it her way as she''s entitled to and support your team.

You have no say off the field.[/quote]

Why don''t you do your trolling in a more appropriate place?

Rubbish. Enough unrest and action by the fans at CR and he will go. It''s been far too long but it''s a matter of when...

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]My team to support her business to do as she pleases that''s the fact.

Sometimes you have to lie in the bed you''ve made, she can''t afford to sack him and can''t afford anyone she believes will do a better job.

No amount of screaming or keyboard warrioring is going to change that, start looking down the back of the sofa if you really want to make a difference.[/quote]

Oh the irony! This "contributor" mentioning keyboard warrioring !!!!

[quote user="Fiery Zac"]Rubbish. Enough unrest and action by the fans at CR and he will go. It''s been far too long but it''s a matter of when...[/quote]

Exactly. Another Worthy and Burnley is what is required.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Thisisbabyish"]Football is not a business it''s a passion and unless you''re going to stump up the 100m Delia wants to move on, let her run it her way as she''s entitled to and support your team.

You have no say off the field.[/quote]?[/quote]?????????????????????????????????????????????????????